The knight's of the round table
Loyal to the death
452 Posts
Ooc —
@Hawkeye

After things settled down a little and the wolves he didn't so much as take captive as liberate, at least in his mind, were cared and provided for. Ferdie Von Pelt stole down the mountain side to pick up the precious wolf he had to leave behind.

When he got close to the spot of the incident He placed his paws on a branch of a tree and hung a fair sized portion of Fox's pelt there. It was the skin she left behind in her escape, Ferdie then cocked a leg and pissed on the bottom of the tree. Feeling rather full of himself he took a step back to admire his handiwork.

That would either piss off the SC's wolves or prove to them the Ferdie mean business even if Jace was running amuck.

Ferdie Von Pelt barked a few times begging to find Hawkeyes location, remembering her hearing he finally just sat down and howled for her. He didn't have to answer to anyone He was alpha, He could bring what ever wolf he wanted here. Though he better be careful or he'd end up being as self serving as Fox was or is.

If Hawkeye had just turned on heel and left he would not fault her, but he hadn't asked her what pack she lived in so he had no idea where to find her, gosh darn it he needed an outrider to keep him up to date on the other packs or to become one. Nah he was to much of a homebody for that. So damn it he needed an outrider.

Ferdie scanned the trees and waited his heart rate picking up more and more as the seconds ticked by.

<font style="font-family:helvetica; font-size:12.5px; color:#4B0082;">Each of us can only deal with what’s in front of us.</font><p><I>Avatar by STEVIE!! :)</i>
561 Posts
Ooc — Sam
Her heart raced in her chest when he called for her. She burst into a run, her heavy body pushing itself to its limits — she immediately thought that something was wrong, not taking in consideration the fact that the howl he had sent was not one of panic or distress.

When she saw the giant, muted-colored male, Hawkeye barked and nearly jumped on him, licking his face and neck in excitement. Realizing that her intimate actions were probably unwanted, she quickly backed up and lowered herself for a few moments.

"I am sorry, Ferdie Von Pelt. I was worried about you. I almost came looking for you, but I did not want to disrespect that you wanted me to stay where I was." Hawkeye looked into Ferdie's deep golden eyes with her light key-lime orbs while raising herself to her full height, which was nothing compared to that of the male before her.
Loyal to the death
452 Posts
Ooc —
you do not need to go with my length,

Ferdie sighed softy when Hawkeye came into view, She was safe nothing happened to her on 'his' mountain a lot had happened in a short amount of time. but what happened next knocked him flat on his ass literally.

Ferdie's eyes widened and under the barrage of licks and kisses which were nothing like the ones his pack members placed respectfully under his chin. His hind end gave way and he fell backward landing on his rump with a thud, his mind froze in shock, his ears buzzing for a moment blotting out all other sound. the was until her sweet voice broke through the din

Stay where I was huh? no reference in his mind would place that sentence and try as he might her words before were simply went unheard.
Ferdie regarded her carefully almost sadly; no female, aside from Ame, had ever given him the time of day. None had ever accepted his feelings and more then that, none had ever returned his feelings toward him. All his past dalliances with 'love' had not turned out so well and the last one had been near fatal.

Ferdie dropped his gaze to the ground; torn between asking and getting an answer he feared or getting an answer he fear even more.... He could not accept someone might actually have feeling for him, that had never happened before. He steeled himself and stood up. In his embarrassment over his emotional blockade he offered her more information then was warranted. Anything to bury these uncomfortable feelings.

I am sorry, I scented Swiftcurrent Creek Wolves on my borders, they only make their way up here to attack us so far.... I had no choice but to go and defend my Pack. I'm very sorry for bringing you to a dangerous place. I had foolishly hoped Fox and the rest of her pack would just leave us in peace. Since Jace and I were kicked out of swiftcurrent creek we have not gone back and My pack, Jace included has not tread upon their territory. This 'war' has been very one sided.

Ferdie drew and deep breath and growled frustratedly looking toward his home. Now is not a good time to bring you there sadly, I have had my pack keep the two Swiftcurrent creek members Fox brought to piss on my boarders,

Ferdie looked into Hawkeyes eyes then Hawkeye Ferdie pleaded her name and pleading for her understanding Fox.... she brought a six month old pup to piss on the borders of a pack the she has been taunting, she knew we'd defend our boarders from her, she knew it and she brought a pup. He could not explain why he kept the adult female, How could one explain he was trying to play cupid? no that would be stupid. True though it was, probably not very believable.

Ferdie's eyes flitted up to the hunk of Fox's flesh drying on the branch of the tree above them, The flesh was in the shape of his mouth ripped clean off as Fox had escaped while Ferdie held her back. Ferdie spoke idly to the pelt I had her in my jaws, I just wanted to force her to listen and stop this madness, but she still ran. Ran and left behind her pack and her pelt Ferdie couldn't help but chuckle at that realization then he looked at Hawkeye

Ferdie spoke with more resolve then he meant, for all he wanted to to make sure the pup was safe, safe from the danger that was Fox I am keeping the pup and the female safe, cared for. Until I can trade them for Fox, hopefully Swiftcurrent creek will want them back and won't mind giving us Fox in trade, Else wise I may have just visited a harsher war upon The Sunspire.

Ferdie huffed and shifted his gaze to Hawkeye's shoulders and slim figure, he allowed his eyes to linger on the musculature of her chest and throat not looking into her eyes until he was sure he had a grip of his mixed feelings, though this ... was not helping his resolve Swiftcurrent Creek is not known for their listening skills.

Ferdie had no idea Jace had left TheSunspire and was toddling down to swiftcurrent creek only to return ripped to shreds because of the Swiftcurrent creek wolves lack of listening skills. If he had known he would have charged down there and dragged Jace back himself one messenger was all they needed. The second messenger always got shot.

I don't suppose you could lend me advice? Or anything else he thought to himself then immediately squashed that thought, he did not want love he did not want confusion. He did not want feelings. Why was Hawkeye bringing all of those things out in him.

<font style="font-family:helvetica; font-size:12.5px; color:#4B0082;">Each of us can only deal with what’s in front of us.</font><p><I>Avatar by STEVIE!! :)</i>
561 Posts
Ooc — Sam
Hawkeye searched the male in front of herself — one she had so quickly become fond of. Her head cocked slightly at the look on his face, wondering if she had that same look of being torn and in distress when Peregrine had kicked her from his heart without even a hint of compassion. This made her desire to leave the pack even more severe.

He seemed inordinately uncomfortable and far away, but once he started talking, Hawkeye figured that it was the attack on his pack. It was a lot of information, but Hawkeye mostly followed the story; he and Jace were kicked out of Swiftcurrent Creek, Fox was an asshole, etc.

Then, he asked her for advice. Mentally, Hawkeye had an oh shit moment and then an "uhhh..." nearly slipped from her mouth. Advice? What did he want to hear? Hawkeye sat down, staring as Ferdie's face and thinking. "It seems as if this 'Fox' cares for nothing more than herself. When I was —" Hawkeye nearly disclosed that she was once Alpha, but decided against saying anything. She was too embarrassed. A failure. " — in my parents' pack, they cared about every wolf. There was another pack I was in; that leader was selfish as well. She ended up disappearing, and someone from her pack made a new one. She cared about the wolves in her pack. Now, someone else is leader, and I feel like the pack is going to somehow fall apart." Hawkeye paused, feeling like she was getting off track.

"The point is... if you care about and protect your pack, you are a good leader. Fox is not. You are even caring for wolves that are not in your pack, because you have a good heart. Do they know that Fox doesn't care that they are here? Ask them to follow you instead. Her pack will fall apart soon enough, because packs cannot survive without an Alpha like you." Hawkeye looked into Ferdie's eyes, somewhat knowing the turmoil inside.

Holding eye contact, the dark she-wolf, large to any other wolf but Ferdie, moved forward and placed her nose on the side of his neck, doing nothing but simply breathing while holding him in a semi-hug.
Loyal to the death
452 Posts
Ooc —

Hawkeye's words were as confusing as his feelings toward her. What had happened to all those good alpha's was the moral of the story that the caring alpha's failed or died and the reckless one's win out to a certain degree?

Ferdie Von Pelt tried desperately to focus on her words something about Fox not caring... Fox did care if only in her own way, she had to right? she was an alpha and that was an alphas job....

Her eyes met his and he froze digging his toes into the ground, he may have looked positively worried at the moment but it was not for the reasons he had expressed verbally Remember my pack, remember I need a mate from within my own pack. I need an alphess to raise my pups and help me run my pack But she had stopped speaking and he had not heard her, when she touched his neck he whimpered and nearly fell into a pile of wolf jelly eerrhhhuuuuuhhhh

Ferdie stood up carefully, but he didn't back away from her, he didn't touch her in return either. He glanced over his shoulder though back toward the pack. Then he turned his gaze back to Hawkeye he needed to face her when he spoke so she heard him correctly, but this didn't make things any easier on him, no that made it worse. Where do you Den? I could come visit you when things settle down or call upon you somehow at least

Ferdie's breathing was short shallow breathes not that he had noticed; He screamed at himself mentally as he forced his eyes to remain on her face, how had he not noticed her eyes were green before; Such a contrast from her pelt
Why why do I want to know, run run away, I promised my heart I would do this again, she's another
Ferdie didn't realize he whispered something aloud as he thought of a name he had not thought of in a very long time, a name he had long since buried
[size=x-small]Calprei ....[/size]
an easy out, that will make it harder in the end, DO NOT FOLLOW YOUR HEART.
Ferdie tried to regain control of himself inside. No Hawkeye was not an easy out, there was nothing easy about anything about her. He had no feelings left for Fox anymore so Hawkeye was not a just rebound..
STOP! Stop stop...... Words listen to her words goddamint!!!! grrr space between you will be good very very good.... right? some how he doubted that as he finally quieted his mind.... and focused on Hawkeye. Without thinking his closed his mouth and drew in a long scent even if she didn't tell him he'd be able to track her from here.

561 Posts
Ooc — Sam
Hawkeye hadn't really thought that the words she spoke were coherent, even when they left her mouth. She had tried to explain things as if she had heard about it instead of actually living it but failed in the process.

Ferdie Von Pelt whimpered, but then he pulled back and looked over his shoulder. He then proceeded to ask where she lived so he could visit, and she felt a small chill go down her legs. It was not a good chill, one that tickles the back and gives a shiver; it was one where your stomach drops, your chest aches, and then the chill of rejection, loss, pain. At this point in time, Hawkeye felt all three. being that she jumps to conclusions and is dramatic/sensitive

She noticed with her sharp eyes that he seemed to be conflicted. Hawkeye did not know about what exactly, but she saw that it weighed on him. Was he suddenly remembering something about his pack? The dark female did not hear the name he spoke, nor did she notice him taking in her scent.

Answering finally, but reluctantly and thinking she should lie, Hawkeye said, "I come from Blacktail Deer Plateau, on the other side of the mountain... I —" the she-wolf paused, feeling stupid. " — I swam to where I had met you to get away." Hawkeye looked down. I want to leave, but I can't. I'd like to stay with you. But, the words went unsaid, and Hawkeye felt unwanted once more. Her eyes moved up to Ferdie's face and she was not sure what she should do anymore. She'd already been bold and he did not return her actions, he asked her where she had lived instead.

She'd just wait to see what he said, something she'd never (or at least remembered) done before.
Loyal to the death
452 Posts
Ooc —

Ferdie Von Pelt's thought flitted back to the moment he first saw her, it felt like years ago even though it had barely been a few hours. She had wanted to be alone.... guilt over powered him. His ears lay to the sides of his head and he cast a glance over his shoulder to the ground. Sorry Hawkeye, I think you meant to be alone, and I monopolized your time. Ferdie had heard of The Blackdeer Plateau pack but he had never met one of them, that pack seemed to stay close to home, even more curious as to why she had been so far away.

[size=x-small]Ferdie you can back track now, here's your opportunity... run, run away!! [/size]

Why did you need to get so far away? He found his voice asking, his heart begging for more time, while his mind screamed at him from the sidelines. He lifted his gaze to seek out her face, He didn't know if he should be pressing this but now he craved information about her he wanted to learn about her.

[size=x-small] Bad idea!![/size] his brain screamed [size=x-small]bad bad bad....... [/size]

Ferdie lifted a forepaw and touched it to his muzzle rubbing his eye as he said silently to himself[size=x-small] fucoff you can learn about her it's not like she's moving in here. [/size]the moment his brain thought it his mouth vomited the words You could stay here on the mountain if you don't wish to return there

[size=x-small]gahwhaaa........ [/size]Ferdie set his leg upon the ground and looked for Hawkeyes eyes trying to gauge her reaction to the offer as he hid his own feelings behind a steel wall of "men don't show emotion you idiot"

Ferdie wanted to go to sleep and wake up in a new day with new obliviousness to her and all female kind. This was stupid. This was not how an alpha acted. Despite the cooling evening setting in Ferdie began to pant softy the stress of his internal war getting to him.

Ferdie dropped his head I'm sorry, I can't...... There is the captive situation and the, non-war ... war with Swiftcurrent Creek I can't drag you into it. If you want though I could return for you when it's over. I am planning on getting it over soon

Ferdie offered her a smile his voice deep and meaningful I promise this time he stood and brushed his muzzle along the side of her neck gently before stepping back and offering her his best 'I'm fond of you' smile

I'll start a thread in BDP right away, since I don't want the timing of the timelines to be to far off and Hawkeye already found a way to return there for the pack meeet anyway
561 Posts
Ooc — Sam
ooc: oh gawd, I hope Hawkeye doesn't ruin shit

This time, Hawkeye pulled her ears back. "No... I'm glad we ran into each other. Being alone wouldn't have been as..." The black wolf trailed off, unsure of a word that fit the description in her mind.

When he asked why she needed to get far away, she looked at the ground. She hadn't been looking for attention, but here it was now — she didn't want to dismiss his question, but felt as if the details of her life would make him stray. "I... it's complicated Ferdie Von Pelt. I used to be Alpha. Everything in between is a story for another time." She smiled with a hint of sadness, saving the dramatic story for another time.

She took a shaky breath, extremely nervous. "I want to stay with you. I know you're different. I want to take my time this time around... I will come back, when you want. If you want." Hawkeye took a hesitant step forward, then pushed forward and licked the corner of Ferdie's mouth and leaning into his neck once more.
Loyal to the death
452 Posts
Ooc —

I will come for you the moment my pack is not a war zone, I know where to go now Ferdie Von pelt smiled and nudged her cheek softly then turned and jogged back inward toward his pack. He needed to guard the captives and make sure they were not going to harm themselves. Little did he know if he kept them for very long they would.

561 Posts
Ooc — Sam
The dark beast watched the (mostly) grey and cream male until she couldn't see him any longer. She sighed, looking for a few moments more before turning away herself, in the opposite direction.

The trek back was slow, her desire to stay overwhelming her but not consuming her. She looked back several times in hopes that the Alpha would be running after her, but deep down she knew that he had a pack to take care of and that she would do the same in his situation.

Now she just had to wait.