Wapun Meadow Child's play
Tempt the devil with an Angel's grace.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Dawn was fast approaching as the shadow boy, ran from the mountain top down to the flat lands below. He was tired of the creek coming onto their land and bothering them. They were not taking any of their game, they weren’t taking any of their herbs nothing, the mountain thus far was entirely self sufficient and they didn’t have to leave it. So far Njal had brought a warning party and Fox had pissed on their borders. Njal’s group of pansies had wanted to tear apart their caches, so turnabout was fair play right, thought jace wouldn’t do that.

No today he was merely scouting around the outskirts of the pack territory looking for any weak pointes, where there wasn’t such a large aroma of ammonia. So far he hadn’t found any, and his smell was still in a few places, which surprised the heck out of him, but maybe it was because he had been so busy on the borders for so long that it just hadn’t faded yet. He sniffed and prodded, but made sure to not cross over their borders at the moment he was merely staying in neutral territory.

Finding no weaknesses he veered off towards the meadow and sniffed and shuffled around in there merely exploring. He wondered if anyone would come after him, he wasn’t really looking for a fight, but he’d give them one if they wanted one.
I am more easily attainable for threads now. But please do bear in mind that I have three children under the age of five at home. And they do take up a lot of my time.
Ah, the blood of deceit is a nourishing flow....
719 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
I think this is the fourth time I've had a thread with Jace. I really like him. :D

In her dreams, the priestess saw another pack, no two, riddled with deceit, anger, lies, and betrayal. They were in the other mountains of Teekon Wilds, the Sunspire Mountains. Curious as to why the premonition came to her, she promptly headed there when she woke.

After crossing the mountains with no resistance, Meldresi reached the meadows behind it, near where she had the encounter with the insane wolf. Hoping that wolf would not be near there, she skirted the marsh and headed deeper into the flowered valley.

Her black fur shone, glimmering almost purple in the sunlight. She sighed, breathing in the sweet smell of flowers, only to smell something else in the air. A wolf? There certainly are a lot here. Off in the distance now, she could see another black wolf. Her indigo eyes narrowed. Was it the mad wolf again?
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
thanks I like him too <3

Jace continued on oblivious to the fact that wolf was fast approaching him. He tilted his head and studied a paw print in the dirt. The foxes were insane, they bred like rabbits, here he found another paw print. He was fast growing to dislike foxes the mangy little upstarts that they were. He bore the scars to prove that they were not as fluffy and nice as they appeared. He snorted at the ground and continued on.

Large paws tore up the ground as his long legs took large strides and he smiled to himself, enjoying the day and the exploration. He would take a moment to sniff at the ground and a few plants, chasing some animals as he went, not trying his hardest to catch them, but if he did all the more to add to their caches.
I am more easily attainable for threads now. But please do bear in mind that I have three children under the age of five at home. And they do take up a lot of my time.
719 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
To her relief, it was not the mad wolf she saw before. It was a different male, younger, with a different eye color and both ears. And from his smell, not of the same pack. The wolf smelled of the mountains, while the other smelled of a water source. A river perhaps? Were those the two packs Mephala told her to see?

She walked closer to the male, chuffing softly. He didn't seem up for conversation. The black wolf looked more interested in exploring the land. But if he wanted to talk, then she would squeeze whatever information she could out of him.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
A chuff reached sensitive ears and blue eyes looked up towards the sound. A pretty female stood in his direct line of vision. Though she seemed much older than the yearling boy, he was still only a babe in the scheme of things really. She had design on her shoulder, but he could not see it, as he was not close enough. He wondered at it, was it a permanent scar like the brute Ragnar wore? Or was it merely a painting done with berry and herb juices, the like of which he had seen, but rarely.

Hello There. his voice held a small questioning note. He was unsure whether he should approach or stay back. He didn’t trust as easily as he once had, Fox had killed that pretty quickly. Though in some cases he trusted way too much. For example Bazi, she was his best friend and her pack and his pack were at the moment sworn enemies, go figure.
719 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
She noticed him gazing curiously at her tattoo. Many wolves did, it was a practice only done in her area of the world. Or, as far as she knew. But nonetheless, it was a rare practice. The priestess walked over to him cautiously. He greeted her warily, eyeing her untrustingly. "There's no need to be so defensive." she said softly, in her soft voice. "I have no reason to harm you."
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
It was a web that design on her fur, made with dyes apparently. He tilted his head and looked at her. Listened to her soft sultry voice, and he was a little bit wary, she could cause someone to do whatever she wanted with a voice like that if they didn't pay attention. I'm always defensive, can't help it. M'names Jace. He then stood there waiting for her to speak or return the gift of his name with her own.
719 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
"My name is Meldresi." the priestess nodded her head to the black wolf Jace. He was definitely a defensive person, eyeing her suspiciously. His gaze became even more untrusting when she spoke. He knew what she could do with her voice to those unsuspecting. She smiled inwardly. A challenge. "Are you from around here? Or are you a wanderer?" she didn't want to get close and startle him by sniffing, so she kept her distance for now. His defensiveness was often a trait loners had, but a few pack wolves had that trait too.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
He tilted his head and spoke softly Well met Meldresi, well met. He studied her more closely, her eyes were even strange with an otherworldly effect. He didn't like it, not one bit. I live on the mountain, but I have been a wanderer. How about you? He sat down to his haunches still eyeing her suspiciously.
719 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
"I am from a mountain too, but a different one from these." She said, assuming that Jace came from the tall mountain range she passed in order to reach these meadows. Silvertip Mountain was a long way from here, and he did not smell like any of her packmates. The black male sat down, eyeing her suspiciously. She returned the wary glares with her passive looks. "I wandered for a bit as well and this is the first time I have settled down for a while."
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace listened she must be a silver tip wolf. You're a silvertip wolf then, led by Jinx she was my former packs beta. He quit talking then and just listened adding what he could when he could. I used to belong to a pack before this and another before that. I began my journey for a last name, something all males in my family does. They either journey for it or earn it. He tilted his head then and ear's splayed. You from the tip why you so close to here?
719 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
She nodded at Jace's observation, not going into the details of Jinx and his past just yet. That could wait. Whatever happened could serve to help her later, how she did not know, but it could.

The black male told her about his past, though sparingly. He mentioned something about questing to earn his last name, a tradition in his pack. For males only it seemed. Why females couldn't get the chance to get their own name was apparent to her; a female gains her mate's name when they came together, at least in some cultures.

The priestess wondered if he earned his name yet, but he asked why she was so far from Silvertip first. "Looking for herbs not found in the territory. There are many in this meadow for instance, I wish to stock up for a while." She looked about at the abundance of flora in this valley. "So, Jace. Do you think you have earned your last name yet?" she inquired.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace respected all knowledge, whether it was knowledge of plants, fighting, battles, history or even of another. It was useful always, any and all knowledge could be used to gain the upper hand of any situation. He gleaned many for information and filed it away to be used later when the occasion called for it.

It was not how it worked in his family, the females got their own name given to them because females were a gift, they were to be revered. His sister for instance her last name was songbird, vastly different from his and his fathers, she was given the name because she loved to sing.

Jace nodded his head There are many plants and herbs here I agree, and Yes I have earned my last name madam, I have earned it well. he had earned it with blood and it would remain his and if his mate if he ever got one chose to take it so be it, but if she wanted her own name, that was her business he would not fight her on it.
719 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
"Then I congratulate you." she said, a tone of genuine compassion in her voice. The priestess always respected those who strived to achieve something in their lives. It was rare to find those who had actually won those things on their own, but she savored each meeting. She often fraternized with those unsavory people in the world, those who do nothing but get drunk or high off of plants or chase around women (since they were most often men) to use and abuse them. "Do you intend on returning to your birth pack to let them know? Or have you done so already?"
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace gave her a crooked boyish smile Thanks. Jace was not an unsavory being granted yes, he was no angel, but he was a good devil if there was such a thing. Jace sighed, he hadn’t thought about going home and didn’t know if he ever would again, it was so far away, it would take him months to get there, just as it took him months to get here. I don’t think Ican anytime soon I am beta here and it would take me months to get home again, I do not think that would be fair to those I support and who follow us.
719 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
But alas, his home was too far away for him to return to and tell them of his success. He had duties here, important ones since he was beta of his pack. But he failed to mention which pack to her. She was not aware of how many packs and who was who yet. "And which pack do you belong to?"
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace looked at her wondering if she was fishing for information to try and cause issues, they had enough on their plate or if she was just curious. She seemed merely curious so he spoke quietly The Sunspire. He motioned with his behind him, Back that way. On a mountain. He grew quiet then perfectly fine with silence, always had been always would be. He didn’t think that you had to fill the air with words.
719 Posts
Ooc — Alisha

Sunspire was an appropriate name for the mountains Jace pointed to. It was one of the higher points in Teekon Wilds, spiraling up as if to reach for the sun. She wondered what it was like to live so high up. While Silvertip was on a mountain, many of her packmates chose to live at the base. As they both lapsed into silence, she wondered if the Sunspire wolves were the same as well. Heights were treacherous after all.

1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace stood looking at her for a moment comfortable in silence then he looked down and spoke quietly. I must go it’s a hike to go as far up as we are and I am already tired. I wish you well Meldresi and thank you for passing the time with me. If you are ever near in neutral territory look me up. He dipped his muzzle in farewell and turned to head back towards the mountain twirling his ears back to wait and see if there were any more words to be shared.

Current time: April 19, 2024, 02:00 PM Powered By MyBB, © 2002-2024 MyBB Group.