Neverwinter Forest I've got a jar of dirt
<small><b>AVATAR BY EMALEE.</b></small>
121 Posts
Ooc —
Turquoise spent several days sulking, bitching to Rivet about Lawless the chauvinist and why did males suck so much and how could their brand new pack house such an asshole and how was she supposed to make friends if everybody was liable to be a dick? Eventually, all the negativity led to the inevitable argument and they stomped in opposite directions. Turquoise was left alone, very dissatisfied with life at the moment and hankering for company. And here she'd effectively chased Rivet away and she didn't know anybody else.

Shit, was her only coherent thought as she began stalking moodily through the forest. At least walking helped her burn off her negative energy. In fact, she felt much better after an hour or so of hard trekking. She still had plenty of energy, it just wasn't so overwhelmingly negative.

"Actually," she announced to the quiet forest, gazing up between the boughs of the leafy trees, "I'm kind of in the mood for a spar. Since I'm supposed to be a what's-it—a Gunner—and all. Anybody out there wanna play target?" Of course, she didn't expect an answer from the silent trees.
<span [color=#FF4500]
style="font-family:Helvetica;font-size:12px;font-style:normal;font-weight:normal;text-decoration:blink;text-transform:none;font-variant:small-caps;color:FF0033;">A world without F i r e
is one without G r a c e</span>
41 Posts
Ooc — Paige
Daenerys was used to being alone. She even enjoyed it sometimes. Being able to think, clearly, with nothing but the birds in the air and trees on the soil to hear. As much as she missed her brother,this new pack was somethhing worth fighting for. She had yet to get close to anyone for fear they would reject her. She prefered to be alone because of it, the forest as it seemed was her only friend.

It wasn't usual that one of the pack members wandered into the forest. Now wandering this far out and looking distressed...that's another story. Daenerys worried for this wolf. Why is she this far out? Is something wrong with the pack? Daenerys kept to the side as the she wolf looked up. Being upwind of the she wolf she was able to watch without being noticed.

After seeing the she wolf challenge the trees Daenerys stepped in and replied. "Trees as targets isn't much of a practice...gunner."

Daenerys fully showed herself to the wolf, hoping to show no threat, only friendliness.
121 Posts
Ooc —
When a soft, feminine voice answered her, Turquoise startled and swung around to face it, her striped spine bristling. When she spotted the unfamiliar she-wolf, she calmed down immediately. Day-um, she thought to herself, gemstone eyes roving over the snowy sylph. She was quite pretty.

"You're right," she replied after a beat. "Do you want to be my target?" she added coyly. Rivet's face flashed in her head and she remembered that she'd made something of a committment to the other woman. Yet she shrugged off the mental image, reassuring herself that a little bit of flirtation was harmless and that what Rivet didn't know couldn't hurt her, in any case.
<span [color=#FF4500]
style="font-family:Helvetica;font-size:12px;font-style:normal;font-weight:normal;text-decoration:blink;text-transform:none;font-variant:small-caps;color:FF0033;">A world without F i r e
41 Posts
Ooc — Paige
Deanerys took a full look at the she wolf. Her gold pelt was different than she had ever seen. Her eyes were her most stunning feature. This wolf was beautiful but deadly. While Deanerys stood a few inches taller she couldn't help but feel intimidated.

None the less she accepted the wolf's challenge "Target? How about sparring partner. Target implies I will lose" Deanerys tried to come off as friendly as possible.
121 Posts
Ooc —
The she-wolf seemed game, though she took issue with being termed a target. "Semantics," Turq replied with a playful smirk, her tail waving. She ran her tongue slowly over her black lips. "Have it your way, though, partner," she added, enunciating the word as if it tasted delicious on her tongue. "And I have a feeling that, no matter the outcome, nobody will lose."

Turquoise shot the other she-wolf a mischievous smirk, pawed the ground with her stockinged right forepaw, then began to circle like a shark. As she did so, she asked, "So, beautiful, you got a name?" She batted her eyelashes, flirting shamelessly now, wondering if the white beauty would warm to it, shy away from it or act indifferent.
<span [color=#FF4500]
41 Posts
Ooc — Paige
Deanerys watched the she wolf carefully. When she began circling Deanerys noticed her rather, flirtatious gestures. When the golden wolf asked her name Deanerys replied and wagged her tail "Deanerys, but my family called me Dany...so I guess you can too."

The gold wolf was fully behind her now. Dany quickly flipped around and looked her straight in her stunning eyes. "and yours gorgeous?"
121 Posts
Ooc —
In her two years, Turq had experienced the entire spectrum of reactions to her overt homosexuality, from flattered bewilderment to outright disgust to overt delight (such as in Rivet's case, notably). She enjoyed trying to guess every time she went through an encounter like this one. In the white stranger's case, she expected to be rebuffed, but demurely; she would be flattered but uninterested.

Instead, the white woman—Daenerys, or Dany—called her gorgeous. Turq's blood heated. "I'm Turquoise. You can call me Turq," she said, liking that they both had sort of exotic names shortened to a four-letter nickname.

Her tongue flicked out to wet her black nose as she circled 'round Dany, only for the tall white she-wolf to swivel around fluidly, like a porcelain ballerina. "Speaking of gorgeous," she whispered under her breath, too lowly for Daenerys to hear. More loudly, she added, "Tell me, Dany, what would you do if I—did this?"

There was a pointed pause between the words I and did, as Turq abruptly changed her mind. Rather than ask a hypothetical question, she decided to simply act upon an impulse. Pressing her black paws into the dirt, she sprang at Dany, her stockinged forelegs flinging upward bracingly to wind about Dany's neck. If Dany allowed it, Turq then planned to drag her to the ground and—well, it would remain to be seen what she intended to do should her first act succeed.
<span [color=#FF4500]
41 Posts
Ooc — Paige
Turquoise, Dany liked the sound of that name. The golden wolf obviously had gotten her name from her shinning eyes. Dany loved the way Turq responded to her flirting. In her parents pack no one would act this way with her. It was unfamiliar but exciting.

Daenerys was taken back by the Turq's sudden...attack. Dany did not know how to respond but to quickly leap to the side. Before the Turq could begin another assault Dany returned the action quickly lunging for the golden beauty's throat.
121 Posts
Ooc —
Dany deftly outmaneuvered Turq, gliding to the side to avoid her hit. Too bad, she thought, spinning around. Perhaps it was really for the best, though; she had been planning to plant a kiss on the near-stranger's muzzle. And that would've been cheating, a voice hissed in the back of her head, momentarily stunning Turq as the realization bit into her psyche.

This left her completely vulnerable to Dany's counterattack. While Turq stood there like an idiot, picturing Rivet's face, the other wolf's jaws closed around the Sigma's throat. Turq instinctively jerked. Since Dany was only playing and not intending to do any real damage, the Gunner managed to tear loose, albeit with a few marks surely hidden beneath her tawny fur. She might even bleed a little.

"That won't happen again," she promised, focusing her attention. Gone were the flirtations, for two reasons: firstly, she did not actually want to betray Rivet and, secondly, she needed to get her head in the game because she did want to win. Flirtations aside, she was a brand new Gunner and she knew she had a lot to prove. "Come at me," she dared Dany in the next breath, lowering her head.
<span [color=#FF4500]
41 Posts
Ooc — Paige
Dany was half excepting the golden beauty to dodge her attack but she was standing there dazed. Daenerys stood for a second wondering what had Turq dazed. She brushed off the thought. Dany hoped not to hurt her too bad with the attack to her neck, she didn't want the she wolf to stray away from her because of it.

When Turq challenged Dany to come at her, she was startled. There was competition in this fight now. Daenerys remembered when her brother was like this, fun until she landed a strike. Then things got real. He had to prove in front of all the other pups that he was the boss. Dany was in it for fun, but Tsume wasn't. Tsume was the one to give her the scar on her leg. Daenerys wasn't about to let a gorgeous stranger do the same.

Dany let slip a low throaty growl then replied to the gold wolf's challenge "Don't mind if I do." Dany seeing the wolf was low attacked her back, jumping over the wolf and landing facing Turq (alluring) ass, to add insult to injury she licked then nipped her lower leg.
121 Posts
Ooc —
Dany threw a catty reply back, then leaped at—and over—Turquoise. Whirling around, Turq gasped at the sensation of hot breath on her hindquarters, quickly followed by teeth on her hind leg. "Oh, no, you didn't—" she huffed, her black lips peeling back from her teeth as she aimed her own nip—playful, but still hard—to the bridge of Dany's muzzle.

In the next instant, she sprang backward and momentarily dipped forward into a playful bow, only to rise back up again and begin darting side to side. "You're not the only one with springs in her feet," Turq said between hops. As she kept weaving to and fro, her gemstone eyes remained trained on Dany, awaiting her next move. Turq was enjoying being on the defensive.
<span [color=#FF4500]
41 Posts
Ooc — Paige
The nip that Turq placed on Dany's muzzle made Dany jump back. It was harder than she expected. Turq was very fast on her feet, Dany was thinking of ways to disarm her. The only thing that seemed to make this golden wolf fault was flirting. Dany was determined to win this, by force or by mind.

"Springs? I see you have some yourself, baby." Daenerys to add effect slowly ran her eyes along the wolfs body. Taking in all her features, every dip and curve in her body, every change of color on her pelt.

Daenerys bowed to the she wolf, and then proceed to lunge straight for her attempting to tackle her. Dany hoped this would work to soften Turq.
121 Posts
Ooc —
The baby pet name sent heat flashing across Turq's skin, so much so that she didn't notice the redundancy. "Sure do," she gritted out between her teeth, feeling herself weakening under the influence of the flirtations. Rivet! her mind shouted. Just think of Rivet! The distraction was effective. The tawny Sigma's eyes flashed and she remained focused and ready.

She fielded the next attack rather expertly, if she said so herself. She crouched, bracing for the impact, instead of trying to dodge it. When Dany bowled into her, Turquoise pushed back with all her might. The end result was that both she-wolves were forced to rear up in the air, à la Simba and Scar in the final fight scene of The Lion King.

"You're even prettier up close," Turquoise hissed, grinning, "but your beauty ain't gonna distract me." She gnashed her teeth as if to make her point, then bore down, trying to drag Daenarys to the ground and maybe even pin her.
<span [color=#FF4500]
41 Posts
Ooc — Paige
Dany wasn't expecting Turq to push Daenerys up by her hind legs. She had never seen this move before. I'll have to think of a way to counter that When Turq bared her teeth at Dany, Daenerys decided to let her have this pin. Let's see if she really isn't distracted.

The end result was Dany being pinned under Turquoise. Dany looked into Turq eyes, and softy said "But yours distracted me" Dany licked the golden beauties muzzle.
121 Posts
Ooc —
Dany buckled beneath her, the two she-wolves tumbling to the ground. Quickly, Turquoise placed her forelegs on either side of the other female's shoulders and sat up overtop her. She looked down, grinning victoriously, only for Dany to stretch upward and lap at her muzzle. The fur there tingled beneath the other woman's kiss, making Turq's eyes widen and her mouth go suddenly slack.

Then, suddenly, she backpedaled off Daenarys and took several more steps backward to put space between them. "I have a girlfriend," she blurted. She meant to say it more defensively, to discourage any further flirtations from Dany, but it came out as confused as anything. Her gemstone eyes locked on Daenarys's pale, lithe form as she spoke and Turq groaned lightly under her breath.
<span [color=#FF4500]
41 Posts
Ooc — Paige
Dany was expecting Turq to return the affection but the next words that came out of her mouth were unexpected and unwanted.

Dany rose slowly, and looked the wary female in her eyes, staying a few feet back. I'm sorry, that wasn't proper what I just did. I...I...I didn't know." Daenerys bowed slowly to the golden beauty and turned to leave. "Forget this ever happened. Ok? I don't want trouble. It's for the best"
121 Posts
Ooc —
The sly, confident Dany did not take this news well at all. Turquoise felt rather ashamed of herself when her companion began to stutter awkwardly and turn to leave. Turq's black-rimmed ears wilted and she bounded after the other Sigma, overtaking her before she could make a hasty exit.

"Hey, Dany, wait," she said softly. "Look, you shouldn't be the one apologizing; I should be. I flirted first. I shouldn't have done that. You couldn't have known, especially 'cause I was acting like a total whore," she said, eyes flashing at the self-deprecating label.

She took a breath, her cheeks puffing out, then continued after a moment. "Dany, you're ... striking, really. I lost my head a little bit because of it. But I'm with somebody." Her eyes locked on Dany's grayish yellow gaze. There was an apologetic light there, as well as some regret. "When I hit on you, I wasn't expecting you to seem so into it. I shouldn't have done it," she repeated.

She gave Daenarys a moment to absorb that and respond before, finally, Turquoise said, "I'm sorry. Do you still want to practice some?" If Dany just wanted to go, though, Turq wouldn't try to stop her, nor would she blame her.
<span [color=#FF4500]
41 Posts
Ooc — Paige
Deanerys couldn't say she was surprised when the she wolf came bounding up next to her when she turned to leave. She had a pitiful look in her eyes and couldn't help but laugh. "You aren't a whore. You meant it to be friendly, its just a misunderstanding." Dany nudged Turq's shoulder.

"I would love to, but would your mate mind? I don't want to upset them any." Dany was curious on who had stolen this wolf's heart.
121 Posts
Ooc —
Daenarys let her off the hook easily, almost too easily. Turq's lips parted to protest, then her jaws shut with a gentle click. Why argue the point? She would be beating herself up enough for this over the coming days; she needn't add more tinder to the fire.

When Dany called Rivet her mate, the Gunner's stomach curdled. She almost pointed out that Rivet wasn't her mate, but didn't have the heart to clarify; it would feel like even further betraying the pretty DeMonte. Instead, she simply answered, "No, I'm sure she wouldn't mind." As long as you keep your hands to yourself—and make sure Dany does the same, her inner voice added chidingly. Even then... after what just happened...

"Shaddup," she muttered to herself, then began to square off with Daenarys again, determined to continue the sparring match as nothing more than pack mates and, of course, mock enemies.
<span [color=#FF4500]
41 Posts
Ooc — Paige
There was a change in Turq behavior that Dany couldn't figure out. Daenerys brushed it off as her being too observative. "Alright if you say so."

Dany watched as Turq position herself facing from Dany. Daenerys stomped her front left leg as she to put herself into position to fight. I'll make her do the work this time-I need to practice defense anyway.

"Turq, you went on defense the last time. You attack me now." I will win this one
121 Posts
Ooc —
Dany wanted to play the defensive role. "Okay," Turquoise agreed, bobbing her smudged muzzle. She didn't attack right away, though. Actually, she flopped onto her haunches and lifted a hind leg to scratch at a deep itch behind her left ear, gemstone eyes watchful in case Dany tried to turn the tables on her during her moment of vulnerability.

Turq took her time climbing back to all fours, seemingly mindless of their sparring match. She wondered if she was making Dany impatient. She smirked then, without warning, lashed forward like a whip. Her jaws parted as she aimed to latch onto Dany's neck. She wouldn't use killing force, of course, but she hoped to prove that she had a Gunner's moves.
<span [color=#FF4500]
41 Posts
Ooc — Paige
Daenerys watched as the golden wolf sat and iched her ear. Dany watched the she wolf's every move expecting her to to attack at any moment. This defense payed off.

Turq suddenly launched herself onto Dany. Daenerys barely had time to react. While the wolf lunged for Danys neck, Dany leaned back hoping to use the wolfs momentum against her. When Turq latched on to her neck Dany had leaned back enough to place her hind legs on the wolfs stomach and toss her behind Dany.

Dany could feel Turq's teeth ripping through her skin and dragging out fur as she tossed the wolf behind her. Dany quickly recovered and stood facing Turq. Daenerys could feel some blood dripping from her neck. Maybe forcing her teeth out of my neck wasn't the best idea
121 Posts
Ooc —
She managed to execute the intended move, though in the blink of an eye, Turquoise was catapulted over Dany's head and thumping to the ground with so much force that the impact knocked the wind out of her. Groaning, she struggled to her feet, taking in little sips of air until her lungs properly recovered.

"Damn," she said under her breath. Then her eyes flicked upward to see blood dripping from Dany's neck. This gave her a bad jolt. "Damn," she repeated unwittingly, "did I do that? I didn't mean to draw blood. Are you okay?"

And suddenly, Turquoise no longer had any desire for this sparring match. It was over for her. "What do you say we call it a draw, matey?" she joked, trying to use vernacular befitting their pack. The joke fell a little flat. "Let's not do anymore... damage." Her gemstone eyes flicked over the shallow wounds in Dany's neck, though that wasn't the only damage to which the Gunner referred and they both knew it.
<span [color=#FF4500]
41 Posts
Ooc — Paige
Deanerys didn't mean to toss Turq so hard. Deanerys felt horrible when Turq got up, this friendly sparring match turned out a little harsher than expected. When The she wolf saw the damage she had inflicted (mostly due to Dany's actions). "Ha, this?" Dany looked at the little specs of blood dripping down her fur. "I've had worst, don't worry."

Dany agreed with Turq when she voted to end the spar. "Matey? Couldn't think of anything better there captain?" My pirate humor fell about as flat as hers Dany was tired and wanted to clean the wound on her neck before it got worst.

"I guess I'll see you around? I had fun today Turq. I'm sorry about the misunderstanding earlier." Daenerys bowed to the golden wolf, and started to jog off back into the forest.

Hopefully this didn't make anything akward between us. I'm sorry Turq
121 Posts
Ooc —
Dany downplayed the extent of her injuries, then rebutted Turq's joke with one of her own, equally as lame. "Heh," was all the Gunner could muster in reply. Then Dany was saying her goodbyes and jogging off into the woods before she could think of anything else to say.

Hate to see you go but love to watch you leave, she thought to herself, which had her cringing guiltily not a second later. "Bye, Dany!" she shouted, as if the sound of her external voice could kill off her internal one. Still, she was left wincing at her own traitorous thoughts.

Sighing, Turquoise began to plod away, only to stop after only three steps. Where should she go? The thought of going back to Rivet right now made her ears press shamefully to the top of her tawny head. Instead, she slunk away through the trees to hopefully sort out her feelings before she dared return to Rivet's side.