Rising Sun Valley Golden in the Autumn [Discovery Thread]
Amnesia may have destroyed my <i>memory</i>, but it will not destroy <i>me</i>.
135 Posts
Ooc — Isabelle
@Kieran EDIT: sorry, here is the info you need. Just remember that it is no longer in the lower righthand corner of the map, and is instead directly to the left of the area that says, “Map of the Teekon Wilds”. Also, I’m making this vague because I have two other discovery threads open. Also, no reason to match the length.

Red was once again in the forest — her forest. Well… that was what she thought of it. It was her forest. She was the one going back at least once a week to discover more and more about it. She had caught fish in its lake and watched birds in the boughs of its aspen trees. She had even created a temporary den in one of its hills, in case she decided to stay overnight. And she still didn’t have a name for the place. Sighing, she lay down beside the lake, trying to come up with something. When inspiration refused to strike for the hundredth time, she got up and decided to go for a swim. It wasn’t all that hot today, and clouds came through every now and then and blocked out the sun. But the water looked so nice and inviting that she couldn’t refuse. She waded with joy into the clear lake water, smiling as a slight, but pleasant, chill went up her legs.

She swam out to the middle of the lake, and then sort of paddled around aimlessly for a while, lapping up water if she got thirsty, since it was right there anyways. But after some time, she grew bored and went back to the shore to lie down and dry off. That was when she realized she was quite lonely out here all by herself. She had never had much company out here, since no one really knew about this forest. She wondered what it would be like to have a pack here. It was certainly big enough, and she’d had no trouble hunting. There were at least two or three herds of deer who called this place home, and plenty of smaller critters, as well. And it was protected all along its southern side by a giant mountain.

The closest pack to it that she knew of was Swiftcurrent Creek, but they’d have to travel a hell of a long way just to heckle whatever pack ended up calling this place home. What was she saying? She wasn’t… planning on leaving the Sunspire, was she? No, that was ridiculous. Ferdie and Jace and Summer and all the rest of them needed her. With her gone, there would be one less Warden to protect the borders, one less Gamekeeper to keep them fed, one less Outrider to bring them news. She couldn’t up and leave. Besides, who would go with her and be Alpha? Red certainly couldn’t become Alpha. No way! She was a submissive wolf, not a dominant one! With a shake of her head, she dropped her head to her paws and decided to take a nap, figuring maybe these crazy thoughts had something to do with her being tired…
Faoi bhun mo chiche beats croi de laochra fior
350 Posts
Ooc — Danni
forgive typos I'm mobile

Kieran walked under the canopy of trees green with the fervor that only summer could bring. As he walked under the crown of aspen the trees played peek a boo with his mahoghany coat,the light drew strange markings and unusual designs on different spots of his brown fur coat. Eyes as green as the tree leaves that adorned the canopy and its weeping boughs locked on the horizon as heavy footfalls traced the dirt as if it were a lover gentle yet strong.

Shoulders held erect with head held high a noble visage would occasionally catch the light while the right marred side stayed in shadow. Ever so often pink tongue would dart out to trace muzzle and black nose, while the whiskers quivered with each breath taken and the wind gently rolled the fur between its soft touch and him.

A splash resounded on the forest grounds causing mountain man to freeze in question. Shifting weight and wide set shoulders set firmly on bulky body continued forward as paw steps landed gently on the ground. Like a siren he watched as the petite female broke the surface and dragging her body encased in the tears of the lake like millions of tiny diamonds. Diamonds that glittered and fell to the ground In silent splashes just to turn the surrounding ground slick with mud. He strode forward with a small chuff but for now he kept his jaw firmly set and his brogue did not yet meet the sensitive ears of the coy wolf in front of him.
135 Posts
Ooc — Isabelle
Grr, I’m so jealous! I’ve wanted a Lieu avatar forever! Also, don’t mind Red. Like I said, she gets way attached to wolves way too fast and she is utterly intrigued by Kieran. Lol.

Red’s nap was immediately interrupted by the unmistakeable sound of a wolf’s chuff of greeting. She scrambled quickly to her paws, half afraid of what was to come and half welcoming of the imposing male before her. And yet, before she really even had a chance to be afraid, she was lost. Lost in this wolf’s face, with his serious expressions and deep green eyes and the scar that ran along the side of his right eye and traveled down into his neck. She found herself tracing it with her eyes without moving her head, and then suddenly realized what she was doing and shook herself. It was quite rude — and oftentimes dangerous — to stare, and that is exactly what she was doing. Quickly, she averted her gaze away from this wolf who so completely intrigued her, flattening her ears against her head in embarrassment and fear.

This male held a noble air. He was both frightening and awe-inspiring, and his gaze seemed indifferent to the world. He felt like an Alpha, so she did the only thing that felt natural. She lay down at his feet and stared up at him with big eyes, wondering what in the world he was doing there, greeting someone as low on the totem pole as she. The forest and its many wonders were temporarily forgotten while she lost herself in this male. Her need to submit was strong and she could not resist her natural instinct. If Ferdie, or even Jace had been there with her, this need would not be as strong. In fact, it would probably be entirely absent. But as long as neither of those two wolves were here at this present moment, then the male directly in front of her was entirely in charge.

And she liked it that way.
350 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Please bear in mind that my brogue is what the internet tells me and I wouldn't have Lieu art if I hadn't been lucky and won a raffle with Kieran on another site that she did one on.

Kieran watched as the coy wolf scrambled to her feet, half falling as she stood. He strode forward to assist if he must, afraid that she was going to fall and hurt herself. However, she righted herself pretty quickly. He watched as she caught his face and studied the scar that traced down his face. So used to the stares he merely stood and let her look her fill, it wouldn’t hurt him any. What could have been done to hurt him had already been done so. He let a small smirk slide across his face when she realized she was being rude, but otherwise no emotions flitted there.

HE shook his head at her display of submission and spoke softly "Lady naw nade ter chucker such a tin'. scon are kieran o'malley, who ye?" He shifted and stood not realizing that he looked noble, and truth be told not caring. Kiva had told him that long ago, you walk like a prince my love, and he supposed by rights he was one, but he didn’t feel like one. No he felt like a failure and a horses arse.
135 Posts
Ooc — Isabelle
… Is it weird to have Wolf character crushes…? *is oogly-eyeing Kieran — mostly because accent* >.< No need to match the length.

Red watched in unrepressed awe as Kieran shook his giant head at her. To be completely honest, most of what he said meant absolutely nothing to her, as his brogue was nigh indistinguishable from gibberish to her untrained ears. However, she did catch the last part, “… are Kieran O’Malley, who ye?”

The coywolf pieced together these two bits of information slowly, as she was mainly preoccupied with continuing to stare up at the massive, muscular, handsome wolf in front of her. When the words sank in, it finally clicked: His name was Kieran O’Malley, and he wanted to know who she was. Timidly, she whined out the name Red, sticking to her body language to communicate. It was often hard enough trying to speak around wolves who didn’t make her heart go aflutter, but around this male in particular, suddenly her tongue felt heavy as lead in her mouth.

Not understanding his previous words, she was unaware that he wished she would stand, and so continued to lay at his feet. Though, she suddenly felt too nervous to look up into his face, especially since doing so to a dominant wolf was often a sign of challenge, and might get her in trouble if this imposing male decided to turn on her. She was suddenly wary, wondering what he wanted with her. She began to awkwardly scoot back away from him, realizing that if he decided to attack her, she would be too small to truly fight him, and her best bet would be to get a head start in running away.

She sat up a little, but kept her body close to the ground — half in fear and nervousness, and half in deference. Regardless of his intentions, he was still far above her on the chain of command than she was, which she knew by instinct. Bigger and stronger usually trumped smaller and weaker. This was the natural order of the world.

Still… perhaps he was friendly. One could always hope. With a questioning tilt of the head, she made a whining sound, which meant, “What do you want with me?”
350 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Not weird at all…I’m a little in love with Kieran…sigh if only he was human and I wasn’t married…and real definitely real.

Kieran watched as the coy wolf listened to him with rapt attention. Though it was obvious that she had no clue what he was saying, he was becoming used to that, truth be told his brogue was rather thick, but he wouldn’t change his tongue for anyone and he wouldn’t tame it. It was a part of him, just as his grief was and just as his scar was. It was simple really.

he dipped his muzzle and spoke softly Well met Red. his words lilting slightly on her name. She was a strange one, preferring to stick to her body language than her words. Which didn’t bother the irish brute any, it just made him curious really.

He watched her scoot away and he became alarmed that he had scared her and he spoke quietly as he backed up " I’m sorry me lassy. oi didn’t mean ter scare yer. oi mean yer naw 'arm." he sat down to his haunches to look less imposing. He knew very well that he was large and compared to the femme before him, he was damn near gargantuan.

He shrugged his large shoulders at her next question posed in the form of body language, a small tiltle of her head a whine deep in her throat. Kiva used to whine like that, when she was upset and for a moment he felt like screaming. He hated when small things caught him off guard and freshened his grief. " Nathin' miss, jist sum conversashun if yer are up for it. "
135 Posts
Ooc — Isabelle
Red watched cautiously as he sat and seemed to relax a little. He spoke more gibberish to her. She caught the words “sorry” and “scare” and that helped her calm down. So he wasn’t going to harm her, then. She supposed she would have to take him on word alone, which she didn’t mind doing. She’d done it before. Besides, now that he was sitting, he seemed much less frightening, though his eyes were still serious and his scar was still obvious. Hidden in the green depths of his eyes lay some hidden tragedy. He seemed to carry a burden inside, though she couldn’t guess at what might have happened. Perhaps the tragedy and the scar were tied? She would never know because she would never ask such a thing. Let alone the fact that she hated talking. It was just rude to ask about something so personal right after you met someone.

Red had pretty much no idea what Kieran said the next time he spoke, but he seemed to stare at her expectantly afterwards, and she pulled her ears back awkwardly, trying to interpret his words. After a few moments in which she struggled with her brain, she shook her head and gave up. Deciding that she didn’t care if he was talking about something totally different, she gestured with her head out into the forest, and then looked back at him. She trotted past him, and then looked at him over her shoulder, barking lightly: “Wanna come explore?”
350 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Kieran wondered briefly if anyone would ever understand his tongue and his words. His common tongue was lacking clearly, but he was loathe to try and part with his brogue, it was all that he had left of his former station, the brogue and the language and he held onto them as if he were dying. Kieran carried many burdens, being the last of the O'Malley's, being the only survivor of true love...yes his burdens were raw and many and they hurt.

Realizing she didn't understand a word he said he stood and followed behind her, his bulk towering above hers. He looked around as they walked a thoughtful look on his face. It was beautiful here int he aspen grove.
135 Posts
Ooc — Isabelle
Wanna finish up in the next few posts?

Having already showed Kieran the lake, which was the forest’s major attraction that Red knew of, she was sort of just meandering around at this point, sniffing at the trees and bushes, and watching prey animals scurrying around. Mostly, though, she was wondering about the male who followed behind her. What was his story, and how had he wandered all the way to the forest, and just happened to bump into her? It seemed strange, the way the world worked. Whatever gods or goddesses might be up there watching over the world worked in mysterious ways, or so the saying went.

For lack of anything to do, Red promptly sat down and smiled at Kieran, hoping he would suggest something. If not, she figured it was probably time to be heading back to the Sunspire. Despite never wanting to leave this forest, she knew she had to. She still had a duty to Ferdie and her other packmates. Thinking on this, she cocked her head to the side, waiting to see if the Irishman would have anything to say.
350 Posts
Ooc — Danni
okay :D

Kieran watched some animals break free from the underbrush and rush on four little legs to scurry to their dens as the night shadows came a calling. Kieran had a story, but he never told anyone about it. Never told anyone he had failed to show his love that he loved her, having watched from afar as she was treated so horrendously, all because he was all alone and his grief was so thick he couldn’t think straight. Most would forgive him for this, Kiva had, but he could not, would not forgive himself. He couldn’t, he remembered her face and he wanted to cry, but he kept his face a mask and his feelings deep down.

Kieran looked around so intently he almost ran over the little red, but he jumped back on nimble paws and gave her a small smile. "Where's yisser 'um wee wan? i'll walk yer back? naw juicy wee female shud be oyt an' aboyt naw 'er own at noight."
135 Posts
Ooc — Isabelle
Last post from me. Thanks for the thread! Also, IS it nighttime in this thread…? Huh. Okay then.

Once again, Red had absolutely no idea what this big, mahogany-colored wolf was saying to her, and she was not about to scramble her brain to try and figure it out. When he was done speaking his odd gibberish, she merely whined a bit and wagged her tail, which was her way of saying, I don’t know what you said, but I like you, anyways. She gave him a small smile that was mostly comprised of “awkward language barrier syndrome” — or in this case “awkward accent barrier syndrome.”

Afterwards she stepped away from the large male, wagging her tail in goodbye and then turning away to disappear back into the trees. She had a den here, after all, so she could just stay the night tonight and she’d be fine. She had done plenty of scouting when she’d first found this place and realized that there was really nothing to fear here. They prey was abundant and the predators were few. It was a wolf pack’s dream — except there was no pack here to dream it. This was a problem that Red intended to fix as soon as she could. She thought about recruiting Kieran momentarily, and then laughed that off. She’d never understand him in a million years, so why bother?

[Exit]

<style type="text/css">.red {width:400px; margin:0px auto; padding:200px 25px 20px 20px; background-image:url('http://i62.tinypic.com/10h0siu.png'); background-position: top; background-color:#0a0c00; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;} .red-in {width: 380px; border:3px double #edc61e; padding: 10px; background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.65); text-align: justify;} .red q {color:#edc61e;} .red p {text-indent:30px; color:#dcceb6; font:12px/1.75 times; margin:0px;}</style>