The Sunspire The upswing
<div style="padding:25px; font:10px/1.75 Georgia;"><FONT COLOR="#daa520">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#daa52e">m</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dba53b">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dba549">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dba456">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dba464"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#dca371">m</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dca37f">u</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dca38d">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda29a">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda2a8">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda1b5">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda1c3">u</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0d0">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">,</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">h</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">l</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">t</FONT></FONT>
298 Posts
Ooc — Fang
for @amekaze A few days after Fang gets invited into the pack by Ferdie, assume he's aware of you, hasn't met you yet. Slight power play here, but considering swift current have made a thread about it, going to assume they've trespassed recently and left.

Pack life seemed a little less exciting than fang had assumed, sure it was comforting having companionship and help nearby but so far he had found nothing terribly exciting happening. The brief time he'd spent as a lone wolf in the wilds was far from dull. Random encounters, wild animals, aggressive packs, and cruel jokes to name a few. To this end, Fang found himself employing a few skills in order to pass the time, and eventually become more useful to the pack. An ambition had sparked up in the halfbreed at being introduced to a hierarchy, and he wanted to be more than just a low ranking member.

Today he spent the earlier hours inspecting their border, so far it was a rather uneventful task, the occasional spot where the scent had faded, he filled in himself, but nothing had so far given any indication of trespass, until now. As he approached a lone tree an unfamiliar scent offended his senses, someone or something had been here recently. Quickly he fixed the intrusion before having a quick look around for a potential intruder. This was fresh.

Finding no remaining signs of the culprit of the incursion Fang let out a soft sigh, sitting on his haunches he decided he might wait and see if something, or someone else would come along, giving a hint at who invaded the sunspires territory. So far as he was aware they had no issues with anyone and assumed it was just a lone wolf. Albeit a stupid one.

Speech

thoughts

2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
<style type="text/css">.ame {margin:auto; width:530px; text-align:justify;font-size:11px;} .ame q {color:#7a2638; font-family:georgia;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1.3px;} .ame p {margin:0px;text-indent:30px;}</style>

She had learned early on that she was not a particular fan of border patrols. Yet, with Swiftcurrent keeping themselves labelled as persistent pests, she felt the deeply-rooted obligation to put herself at their borderlands often enough. They were a pack dotted with Warden-types as it was, for she frequently smelled Jace and the coywolf already, and Ferdie too who did well to keep his scent as alpha fresh, so it was not like they were not manned already. But more was only better and with the pack growing steadily, it was all only in their best interest.

Frankly, her patience ran thin for the Creek and smelling them at all on their borders was troublesome. She had only just got the stench of their previous intrusion out of her nose and here they came with another one. Ame could spare them no niceties and felt her hackles stiffening at the mere thought of the wolves she had once ran among.

Methodically, she marked a spot next to a particular leafy plant, scratched the dirt then jogged on towards the next place in need of scent. She was not a fan of the repetition but it was this motion that brought her into the path of another -- a face she did not know. Her attentions shifted and her expression changed to one of significantly more interest, with ears forward and tail lifted just some.

He was a curious looking creature, both in stature and colorations. Her eyes were fast to his markings of course. While not as glaring as Kodokuna's white and black split, they were unlike the average she saw. Ame whuffed a low greeting and approached him to see how he would receive her. She was interested in knowing more, for he was a new packmate of hers after all.

[Image: 5ifpFkc.png?1]
i want to bleed in the 「r a i n
<div style="padding:25px; font:10px/1.75 Georgia;"><FONT COLOR="#daa520">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#daa52e">m</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dba53b">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dba549">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dba456">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dba464"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#dca371">m</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dca37f">u</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dca38d">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda29a">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda2a8">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda1b5">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda1c3">u</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0d0">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">,</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">h</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">l</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">t</FONT></FONT>
298 Posts
Ooc — Fang

The early morning silence had been broken by the soft bird calls overhead, the chirps and rills of nearby insects and the soft rustle of leaves in the breeze. His vigilance was beginning to waver as he simply enjoyed the peace of early morning on the sunspire range. An introductory 'woof' brought him out of his respite. Fang simply turned his head to look at the approaching wolf, the fact they were coming from in the parklands and called attention to themselves gave the half-breed confidence they weren't in intruder. He offered a dip of his head as the dark female approached, he was vaguely aware of the females existence but had not been formerly introduced.

As she approached he simply observed quietly, golden eyes taking note of her features in an attempt to 'learn' what he could. Someone's decided to trespass. He spoke in a matter-o-fact tone, hoping that fact would explain why he was simply sitting at their border. I'm Fang, by the way, I don't think we've been introduced. His recruitment was rather haste, whilst he was familiar with a few members, Kodokuna, and Luna whom he met whilst wandering the wilds.

His attention returned to the vista before him, waiting on the female to respond. Looking once more in the minor hope the infiltrator might be stupid enough to hang around nearby, which he doubted greatly. His tail gave a soft thump against the grass he sat upon.

Speech

thoughts

2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
<style type="text/css">.ame {margin:auto; width:530px; text-align:justify;font-size:11px;} .ame q {color:#7a2638; font-family:georgia;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1.3px;} .ame p {margin:0px;text-indent:30px;}</style>

He regarded her in ease with a dip of his head. Ame's perception, although still largely tuned into him, began to settle to the scenery. She now considered herself familiar with all of the borderlands and a good portion of the mountainside. Of course, there were vistas that evaded her, such as ones that were not so easy to find (nearer to the summit or example) or had just been overlooked so far. She knew all the major landmarks and borders well, as it was where much of her time was spent.

He provided his observation. Ame snorted softly, and before she even drew a deep breath herself, she knew what sort of stink she was going to find. It is the Swiftcurrent Creek pests, she said with an accompanying low growl. They see it fit to do this, or attempt to mark our borders. If you find them, run them off, she said with eyes narrowing into the neutral terrain beyond. They had exhausted her patience and she would not expect the other members to show them any mercy. In fact, she wished them to show their might without question.

I am Ame, she responded. His name was simple too. You have only just joined very recently, correct? she asked.

298 Posts
Ooc — Fang

Swiftcurrent? The lithe male gave a soft chuckle at the mention of swiftcurrent wolves, lacking any humour. He recalled his run-in with their beta who's ignorance at the time was halfway between amusing and irritating. His attention returned back to the female as she spoke, her disdain at the explanation or swiftcurrents encroach on their land. He repeated the females name once as she questioned him. Giving another quick look across the border he rolled his shoulders in a shrug before turning his attention to Ame in full.

He nodded once at her inquiry. Just so, stumbled across a few do the others in my travels, then Ferdie by the lake. He pointed with his muzzle in a general 'over there' indication to arrow lakes direction. It seemed a better alternative to wandering any longer and bumping into more of those pests Truth was he had no real issue with swiftcurrent wolves, having only met one so far and whilst the meeting wasn't pleasant, it was far from hostile. I'm guessing their intrusion is common place now? Fang was loosely informed on the topics of other packs, or conflicts with them, so this was all new to him.

Speech

thoughts

2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

She was led to wonder if he was familiar with any of Fox's followers right from her mention of it. If he had roamed the area for long as a loner, it was likely he had at least encountered a few, or maybe even had approached their borders. They were obnoxiously plentiful and awfully territorial of their surroundings -- hence their thinking that they needed a whole region and then some all to themselves.

Her eyes followed his gesture and she nodded slowly, mapping the landscapes from memory to the lakes. She would not have necessarily expected Ferdie to be at a lake, knowing his horrific luck when it came to watery situations, but she made no mention. He was right to consider it a better alternative, and she then knew he had known a Swiftcurrent wolf by his use of 'more'. Although, hearing him call them pests as well did edge a smirk onto her expression. So you have met some? she asked, her head tilting with the words, curious if she would know the one he'd encountered.

Now and again, yes. We have deflected them each time and made it clear we are not bowing to them or their wants, she answered with a huff. This was the simplest way to put it. Their foolish leader insists that we should lay no claim here, despite their boundaries being a good enough distance from ours, Ame's flippant tone indicated her distaste as her eyes narrowed in their direction.

298 Posts
Ooc — Fang

Fang lifted himself up, taking a few steps towards his companion before he lowered himself into a forward stretch. His legs stretched before him as his mouth opened in a yawn, tongue rolling out briefly. All this accompanied with a slight groan. Completing his stretch he moved closer again to Ame before answering. I encountered their beta, Bazi. White female, her ignorance was annoying, she was mostly polite whilst telling me to go away. He thought about that encounter again, shaking his head slightly as he recalled.

He listened intently as she explained the nature of the feud, he was far from surprised his encounter left him with the feeling they were less than hospitable to be near. When I was there, She claimed the reason for ushering me away was due to the recent arrival of pups in their group. He offered another shrug as he informed her of what he knew, shooing a lone wolf from near their borders was one thing, but attempting to shift an entire pack from lands not even alongside, it seemed a strange concept to Fang

Speech

thoughts

2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

She watched him shift his position without a second thought then nodded at his answer. Ah, Bazi, she breathed. There was familiarity there although Ame had not seen the snow-furred wolf in a while. Times had changed. Since ascending to her position of beta, Ame was not sure what to make of her. She was likely just as reckless and erroneously proud as Fox by now. Were you even near their lands? Ame asked, doubting it. Perhaps he had been in the wetlands or even further abroad in the fields then forest to the south. They seemed to think they could lay claim to nearly everything in sight.

Ame jeered. While not all so unreasonable, she should not have even mentioned pups to you at all if she possessed a shred of wisdom. What if you had been a malicious sort with a hunger for whelps? While hypothetical, she was wondering if Tuwawi and Njal realized all the glaring dangers their comrades created for them. I used to harbor some respect for them. She admitted. Those days have passed and were markedly short-lived. A small handful of us, Ferdie and Jace included, were once among them even.. But in forcing the two males out, Ame had come to realize. She was better off here and nothing had proven otherwise. In fact, quite the opposite.

298 Posts
Ooc — Fang

The half-breed male offered a shrug at her question on his location a grimace etched over his features as he recalled his exiting the mentioned wetlands. The wetlands had in fact been where he encountered Bazi and the stink of the swamp took days to leave him. Those damned wetlands, yeah. He almost spat, still irritated about the adventure.

Fang wasn't inclined to agree with the dramatic flare Ame put on about the dangers of mentioning young, after all he was just one wolf, of barely significant strength or size. Doubting very much he was ever perceived as a danger, just a nuisance.

The mention that Ferdie, Jace and herself were in fact members of the Swiftcurrent pack caught him by surprise. That sounds like an interesting story. He was quite eager to hear the history behind that fact, as well as much as he could learn of this pack in general.

Speech

thoughts

2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

I see. I encountered her first there, as well, she mentioned. Bazi must travel through the wetlands on the regular if this was how it was. Which, although the wetlands were relatively close to their boundaries, it was not like a single loner lingering there was a threat to their puppies. She still felt it had not been even relevant to mention. As if bragging about their offspring (who were not even the alpha's brood, no less) was to make them seem stronger. To her, it only showed their ignorance.

She shifted her weight thoughtfully. Somewhat, I suppose. She glanced him over, deciding he ought to know all he could. Perhaps it may make him more invested in their cause. Or, if he deflected, he could be dangerous... However none of these details were that delicate. Just a young pack's short history. For not agreeing with the alpha's absurd demands, they were no longer welcome. I followed, and the Sunspire's founding came not long after. An interesting handful of days that had been.

They still insist we have no right to settle here, so 'close' to them, and their leaders see it fit to instigate when they are able, usually by marking our borders and starting fights.. even when they should not be bothering to start unnecessary trouble. Ame sighed. Not with their precious whelps to focus on and not to wolves who do know their territory rather well, she smirked. While she had not retaliated in turn, the desire was there. She was just not dumb enough to go sprinting into their territory without a plan or backup even if she did know its features. This was what kept her here.

298 Posts
Ooc — Fang

Seems it was all the same old song, for the most part. Too close to borders, those too proud and stubborn to accept others nearby. Although he had to admit it was a stretch calling the sunspire 'nearby' to Swiftcurrent creek. He could only nod in agreement at her observation regarding where their attention should be focused.

The mention of Ferdie and Jace were run off by refusing some demand by the alpha did surprise Fang further. He was not versed on pack life, or as experienced as most his age but he had never heard of more than one member being shunned for disobedience, not a small handful. Absurd demands?He questioned. What is it that would be absurd enough to cause a group of you to leave? He shifted about a little, listening intently for her response. His original task of border patrol totally discarded for now as he tried to glean what information he could about his fellow pack mates.

Speech

thoughts

2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

He had picked out the spot where Amekaze had been vague, although not without good reasons. At least he seemed interested in hearing of this. They were asked to fight each other to one's death, and when they would not, they were banished. So is how I understand it, she mentioned. Ame had not been there herself but trusted the recounts well enough. She knew Ferdie and Jace had been at a strange time then, but Fox's handling of it was far from necessary.

Swiftcurrent's leader is reckless in her ways, as evidenced, so our defense in the face of whatever she decides to throw our way has needed to stay strong.. she sighed. Ame wondered if she would tire herself out eventually, or if something worse may befall them sooner. Do you frequent the borderlands? she asked, having found him here upon them, after all.

298 Posts
Ooc — Fang

Things were starting to make a lot more sense in the dynamics of the pack. The explanation of swiftcurrents leader demanding them to kill each other once more painted the halfbreed with a puzzled look, wasn't it the leaders job, and expectation to look after a pack? To ensure safety for all within? Asking members to fight each other to the death was an idea that truly confused and bothered him.

he simply shook his head before Ame asked her next question. He hadn't really considered where he spent his time, he just did what he was expected to do. Or at least what he thought he was expected to do. A bit, yeah. I like to wander, find things, it's easy to do when you're not stuck in the middle of the packlands. That, and with the increasingly apparent likeliness of an all out conflict with their neighbours, watching the borders seemed like a good idea, even more so now.

Speech

thoughts

2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

Amekaze did not understand the full extent of why Fox had deemed that a fit request, but it was what it had been and what had led them here. In a strange way, it had worked out for the better.. especially for her, and she liked to think the same for Ferdie and Jace. Her place here in the Sunspire seemed to be a much better fit, not that she had stayed in Swiftcurrent all that long anyway. Maybe she would have adjusted.. given time and the right circumstance.

But she hadn't, so here she was. She regarded his answer silently, but with a vague look of satisfaction. That is true, she breathed after her pause. I did not used to spend much time on patrol. Only.. now, and here, in the Sunspire. At the Creek she had attempted making a few rounds but always felt unfulfilled. At Mount Rikudou, the Shikkotsurin forests had surrounded them on three sides (and like anyone was breaching those boundaries and living to even see the mountain again).. so patrol had been different there. Here, there was a necessity, and her ranking higher than most meant her scent ought to be highly prevalent. It just came with the territory here so her nature adjusted accordingly.

298 Posts
Ooc — Fang
wrap it up here, yes?

The halfbreed let out an indistinguishable "hmm" as Ame finished up. Her words seemed to enforce the need to protect borders, he felt a little more useful in his pursuit now. His attention turned back to the far side of their borders, odd thoughts about these packs he barely knew sparring over trivial matters. After a few moments he turned back to Ame. With all that in mind, I should probably continue my task. Standing he stretched before looking around in an attempt to decide which way to continue in his patrol.

Actions

Speech

thoughts

2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
sounds gooood
Indeed, any time upon the borders was useful. She was swiftly realizing the importance of it in full. The eta nodded without hesitation. I will keep you no longer, she replied alongside a switch of her tailtip. While not having minded speaking with Fang, she could do well to lurk on her own for a while too. If you encounter anything interesting, I may not be far, she provided with a lingering smirk, always willing to rough up trespassers and Creek wolves who ignored their laws here. But she wouldn't want to steal his fun though.

She dipped her muzzle in farewell and turned to pick up the path of her own patrol.