Blacktail Deer Plateau fool me once
per aspera ad astra
520 Posts
Ooc — Ash
Bingeing on Orange is the New Black. >___>; For Blue Willow.

Although she had been here for a few days, Kaskara was still unsure of the total layout of the land. Deciding to take the morning to scout the plateau, Kas got up early to hunt for her breakfast. Once she had eaten, she stepped out along the border of the plateau. She was sad to hear of Peregrine's accident and had thought about hunting for him, but decided perhaps that could wait until tomorrow.

Kaskara spent a few hours alone, enjoying the silence of the early morning hours. She still had to find a suitable den, since sleeping in the undergrowth wasn't the most comfortable for the long term. So she began her trek inward, toward the center of the plateau, searching for a good spot. She'd like a clearing, with a big tree or two, for plenty of shade, and maybe a stream nearby.
Do not mistake my kindness for weakness, I am stronger than you know.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue Willow was still settling into the new responsibilities she had been given. She didn't feel very much different emotional wise, but her responsibility was racketing through the roof. She also had taken on some of the game keeping duties to make sure there was plenty of meat for everyone.

Right now she was merely taking a small rest laying in the center of plateau watching the comings and the goings of her pack mates. She needed to seek out Atticus and Hawkeye talk to both of them. Hawkeye to make sure there were no hard feelings and Atticus just because she wanted to talk to him, finding she missed his company. Her tail thumped a staccato on the ground as she lay there soaking up the sun.
per aspera ad astra
520 Posts
Ooc — Ash
I'm sorry for the delay. <3 I've been busy moving, unpacking, and job hunting.

As her quest continued inland, Kas was waiting to meet another wolf. She saw a few as she searched, but it wasn't until she saw a large black wolf ahead that she stopped and chat. "Hello," she called, giving the woman a bow of her head from a few yards away, where she stopped at a respectable distance. Her scent was familiar, like the scent at the border, but Kas wasn't sure what her official rank was.

Without looking her straight in the eye, Kas gave the dark female a once-over, taking in her general appearance and demeanor. Then she seated herself in the grass, keeping her posture lowered without being totally submissive. It went against her nature to submit to another female, for her training had all been against the males, but she knew better than to balk at that in a new pack. "I'm Kaskara Gladius. Peregrine, the alpha, accepted me a few days ago. Your scent is familiar from the border, but I am unaware of your name or rank."
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue Willow lifted her gaze to the wolf that had spoken to her. Hello to you too. I'm Blue Willow. She smiled then and her tail thumped a little louder, in friendly and amiable way. She tilted her head and waited for the other to speak.

Blue listened to the statements, from the other wolf. Well met Kaskara. She wondered what to say to her and when had Perry accepted her, it had to have been before he broke his leg. I am the alpha female and the healer of the pack.
per aspera ad astra
520 Posts
Ooc — Ash
When Blue Willow stated she was the alpha female, Kas bowed her head in respect. That rank was something she could submit to without feeling she was betraying her entire upbringing. An alpha female was someone of worth, of strength, and Kaskara could respect her fully. "I am sorry for not showing you proper respect, alpha," she apologized quietly. "I did not know my error."

As Kas was new the the pack, the thought that this was the alpha female made her curious. Was she Peregrine's mate? She didn't smell like him or like Junior. The scent that Junior had around her and the clearing where they ended their adventure didn't smell like Blue Willow, either. "Forgive my ignorance, but are you and Peregrine mates?"
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Sorry about this I've been busy and it got lost in my threadlog..between a bunch of archived ones...so when I skimmed my eyes went right over it.

Blue Willow chuckled No need to worry about it, not many know I am the alpha when they are new. Peregrine is the warden of our two halves. I am the healer, caretaker and chronicler half... And it was true Peregrine was usually the one that met the new members at the borders not her. Though it was different now that he had his bummed leg for a few more weeks.

For a moment Blue blinked, she thought that was a rather rude question, but she also could see easily where most would be confused since she was not the mother of the children, so it was also a question worthy in it's own right. Actually no we are not, we are merely friends. He is my best friend actually, he was mated to Hawkeye. However, unfortunately they have gone their separate ways so he is a bachelor now.
per aspera ad astra
520 Posts
Ooc — Ash
It's okay! Do you want to wrap this up with some quick posts? It's gettin' old and crusty. lol <3

Kaskara had not meant to be rude, she simply wanted to understand the political and social dynamics of the pack she had joined. Blue Willow explained that she and Peregrine were simply friends, and that he and his former mate had split up. That would explain why Junior didn't smell strongly of Blue Willow, though she could see a resemblance between these wolves--they were mostly dark furred.

"Thank you," she said, bowing her head slightly. "I did not mean to be rude. I feel it best to ask questions as directly as possible, especially in new places." She hoped Blue Willow wasn't angry with her bluntness; it was simply part of her nature. "Could you tell me a little about Blacktail Deer Plateau? Peregrine gave me the quick version, but I'd like to hear from someone else, too." Kas smiled gently and seated herself a few yards away from Blue, turning her ears toward her to listen.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
yes i think one more from you and then me should cover it :) enough that we can get exp

Blue listened calmly and she did not mind the question, she imagined most people would wonder at it, it was an unusual dynamic so it was. She herself sometimes wondered at it, and wondered if anyone though she and Peregrine were more than friends. If they did she would like to set them straight because that just simply did not do.

You are welcome and it is okay. Blue sat listening and didn't say anything else as she thought of how to answer that question. Well we are largely a familial unit, we work together well as a cohesive unit. We are big enough to survive, yet small enough that we feel like family. It is a nice place to live, there is bountiful game, and the healing herbs are amazing, I personally like that aspect best.
per aspera ad astra
520 Posts
Ooc — Ash
The idea of living within a familial pack enticed her, though it wasn't much different from the life she had left a few months ago. They seemed gentler here, however, and that was the biggest difference between Dal Riata and the wolves of Blacktail Deer Plateau, at least so far. Blue Willow's explanation of the pack,of how they worked together, made Kas smile.

When she mentioned the herbs, Kaskara was intrigued. "Maybe one day soon you can teach me about herbs. I know a little, but not much." Learning something new and perhaps making a new friend couldn't hurt her chances here, either. "I'm more the guardian type, but it never hurts to know a few things about healing."
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni

Blue would be the first to admit that as a whole to each other this pack was gentle and kind, but to trespassers and enemies they could be just as savage and wild as the next world. And they would stop at nothing to protect their home, their children, and their livelihood. Blue herself would stop at nothing, nothing at all to keep her family safe.

Blue smiled and dipped her muzzle happily, I would love to teach you of herbs and their healing power, and yes you are right. It never hurts to know enough that when you do get hurt you can make it home. If Blue had her way she would teach everyone enough knowledge that they could always get home to her, where she could fix them up right. But this was not always the case, and there would be some, someday that she wouldn’t be able to save and she had to remember that.

per aspera ad astra
520 Posts
Ooc — Ash
"Can I call on you in a few days? I'd like to get settled first and then maybe you can teach me a few things." Kaskara smiled, glad that her first meeting with the alpha female had gone well. Once she had settled into her life in this pack, she would want to get to know the others as much as possible, and establish a routine for herself. Nobody liked a lackadaisical wolf in their midst.

Once they had agreed she could find Blue Willow when she was ready, Kaskara left to find herself a snack and then a sleeping spot for the night. Tomorrow she would search for a den and seek out others from the pack. But the rest of the day was for herself, knowing her life as a lone wolf was quickly being left behind.