Kintla Flatlands Make amends
“Look! You want to see? See! Feast your eyes, glut your soul on my cursed ugliness! Look at Erik's face! Now you know the face of the voice!" ~Erik, The Phantom of the Opera
236 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
@Tyrande Nightshade

Erika found that the grass in Kintla Flatlands was a perfect bed. The dark furred female, now in her second trimester, was feeling the aches and pains of a pregnant woman. Her back hurt constanly and she felt strange cravings for weird things. Recently, she had the urge to eat berries, raspberries in particular, but they were not enough to sustain a future mother. Kieran, bless his soul, was kind enough to give her meals large enough to sate her for maybe a day or so, sometimes a day and a half. He was such a kind man really, though he looked like he has gone through a lot of loss.

But, her aches made her head further inland at dawn one day, towards a spring she heard of in the Kintla Flatlands. By the time the sun had reached its zenith, however, Erika was only halfway there and too tired to go any further. She flopped down in the springy grass, amazed at how soft it was, and made a nest for herself. Dragging nearby sprouts over her head to protect herself from the sun, she closed her eyes, being lulled to sleep by the heat and the rhymical drumming of her pups in her womb.
<div><span style="color:#ff0000;"> </span><span style="color:#ff0800;">M</span><span style="color:#ff1000;">y</span><span style="color:#ff1800;"> </span><span style="color:#ff2000;">a</span><span style="color:#ff2800;">t</span><span style="color:#ff3000;">t</span><span style="color:#ff3800;">i</span><span style="color:#ff4000;">t</span><span style="color:#ff4700;">u</span><span style="color:#ff4f00;">d</span><span style="color:#ff5700;">e</span><span style="color:#ff5f00;"> </span><span style="color:#ff6700;">i</span><span style="color:#ff6f00;">s</span><span style="color:#ff7700;"> </span><span style="color:#ff7f00;">n</span><span style="color:#ff8700;">o</span><span style="color:#ff8f00;">t</span><span style="color:#ff9700;"> </span><span style="color:#ff9f00;">m</span><span style="color:#ffa700;">y</span><span style="color:#ffaf00;"> </span><span style="color:#ffb700;">p</span><span style="color:#ffbf00;">e</span><span style="color:#ffc700;">r</span><span style="color:#ffcf00;">s</span><span style="color:#ffd700;">o</span><span style="color:#ffdf00;">n</span><span style="color:#ffe700;">a</span><span style="color:#ffef00;">l</span><span style="color:#fff700;">i</span><span style="color:#ffff00;">t</span><span style="color:#f0ff00;">y</span><span style="color:#e1ff00;">.</span><span style="color:#d2ff00;"> </span><span style="color:#c3ff00;">I</span><span style="color:#b4ff00;">f</span><span style="color:#a5ff00;"> </span><span style="color:#96ff00;">y</span><span style="color:#87ff00;">o</span><span style="color:#78ff00;">u</span><span style="color:#69ff00;"> </span><span style="color:#5aff00;">d</span><span style="color:#4bff00;">o</span><span style="color:#3cff00;">n</span><span style="color:#2dff00;">'</span><span style="color:#1eff00;">t</span><span style="color:#0fff00;"> </span><span style="color:#00ff00;">l</span><span style="color:#00ff10;">i</span><span style="color:#00ff20;">k</span><span style="color:#00ff30;">e</span><span style="color:#00ff40;"> </span><span style="color:#00ff50;">m</span><span style="color:#00ff60;">y</span><span style="color:#00ff70;"> </span><span style="color:#00ff80;">a</span><span style="color:#00ff8f;">t</span><span style="color:#00ff9f;">t</span><span style="color:#00ffaf;">i</span><span style="color:#00ffbf;">t</span><span style="color:#00ffcf;">u</span><span style="color:#00ffdf;">d</span><span style="color:#00ffef;">e</span><span style="color:#00ffff;">,</span><span style="color:#00efff;"> </span><span style="color:#00dfff;">b</span><span style="color:#00cfff;">l</span><span style="color:#00bfff;">a</span><span style="color:#00afff;">m</span><span style="color:#009fff;">e</span><span style="color:#008fff;"> </span><span style="color:#0080ff;">y</span><span style="color:#0070ff;">o</span><span style="color:#0060ff;">u</span><span style="color:#0050ff;">r</span><span style="color:#0040ff;">s</span><span style="color:#0030ff;">e</span><span style="color:#0020ff;">l</span><span style="color:#0010ff;">f</span><span style="color:#0000ff;">.</span></div>
202 Posts
Ooc — Jessica
Tyrande didn't know why she had come out here. The flatlands had little use for clay, and minimal herbs that she knew when it came to toxins. Maybe it was the fact that she was nearing the end of her first heat, and she felt like coming. Maybe she just felt like walking.

The toxicologist had neared a particular area when she saw her. Immediately, the Nightshade stopped in her tracks. Her eyes narrowed as she slowly began to walk forward.

When she was close enough to be heard, she let off a low growl.

"You're a long way from home."
“Look! You want to see? See! Feast your eyes, glut your soul on my cursed ugliness! Look at Erik's face! Now you know the face of the voice!" ~Erik, The Phantom of the Opera
236 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Erika broke from her summer nap when she heard a low growl. Instantly she grew protective, paws in front of her rounded belly, tail up, ears pressed forward, fangs bared. But then she relaxed, albeit slightly, when she recognized the face and voice. "Tyrande?"
<div><span style="color:#ff0000;"> </span><span style="color:#ff0800;">M</span><span style="color:#ff1000;">y</span><span style="color:#ff1800;"> </span><span style="color:#ff2000;">a</span><span style="color:#ff2800;">t</span><span style="color:#ff3000;">t</span><span style="color:#ff3800;">i</span><span style="color:#ff4000;">t</span><span style="color:#ff4700;">u</span><span style="color:#ff4f00;">d</span><span style="color:#ff5700;">e</span><span style="color:#ff5f00;"> </span><span style="color:#ff6700;">i</span><span style="color:#ff6f00;">s</span><span style="color:#ff7700;"> </span><span style="color:#ff7f00;">n</span><span style="color:#ff8700;">o</span><span style="color:#ff8f00;">t</span><span style="color:#ff9700;"> </span><span style="color:#ff9f00;">m</span><span style="color:#ffa700;">y</span><span style="color:#ffaf00;"> </span><span style="color:#ffb700;">p</span><span style="color:#ffbf00;">e</span><span style="color:#ffc700;">r</span><span style="color:#ffcf00;">s</span><span style="color:#ffd700;">o</span><span style="color:#ffdf00;">n</span><span style="color:#ffe700;">a</span><span style="color:#ffef00;">l</span><span style="color:#fff700;">i</span><span style="color:#ffff00;">t</span><span style="color:#f0ff00;">y</span><span style="color:#e1ff00;">.</span><span style="color:#d2ff00;"> </span><span style="color:#c3ff00;">I</span><span style="color:#b4ff00;">f</span><span style="color:#a5ff00;"> </span><span style="color:#96ff00;">y</span><span style="color:#87ff00;">o</span><span style="color:#78ff00;">u</span><span style="color:#69ff00;"> </span><span style="color:#5aff00;">d</span><span style="color:#4bff00;">o</span><span style="color:#3cff00;">n</span><span style="color:#2dff00;">'</span><span style="color:#1eff00;">t</span><span style="color:#0fff00;"> </span><span style="color:#00ff00;">l</span><span style="color:#00ff10;">i</span><span style="color:#00ff20;">k</span><span style="color:#00ff30;">e</span><span style="color:#00ff40;"> </span><span style="color:#00ff50;">m</span><span style="color:#00ff60;">y</span><span style="color:#00ff70;"> </span><span style="color:#00ff80;">a</span><span style="color:#00ff8f;">t</span><span style="color:#00ff9f;">t</span><span style="color:#00ffaf;">i</span><span style="color:#00ffbf;">t</span><span style="color:#00ffcf;">u</span><span style="color:#00ffdf;">d</span><span style="color:#00ffef;">e</span><span style="color:#00ffff;">,</span><span style="color:#00efff;"> </span><span style="color:#00dfff;">b</span><span style="color:#00cfff;">l</span><span style="color:#00bfff;">a</span><span style="color:#00afff;">m</span><span style="color:#009fff;">e</span><span style="color:#008fff;"> </span><span style="color:#0080ff;">y</span><span style="color:#0070ff;">o</span><span style="color:#0060ff;">u</span><span style="color:#0050ff;">r</span><span style="color:#0040ff;">s</span><span style="color:#0030ff;">e</span><span style="color:#0020ff;">l</span><span style="color:#0010ff;">f</span><span style="color:#0000ff;">.</span></div>
202 Posts
Ooc — Jessica
Tyrande stared, not at Erika herself, but at her stomach. It was definitely bigger than she last remembered...

She immediately regained her fury as she realized who exactly was in front of her, though she showed a little less aggression to the soon-to-be mother. "That's me. And you're Erika." Her voice was flat, showing the obvious sign she wasn't pleased.

"I heard Jinx is out for you. After you left with him." She didn't specify him, but she would hopefully have to explain the obvious. She had no fondness for Majesty after she realized exactly why he had tried to start a new pack. She remembered that it was because of his words that she was dragged into the fray between Wheeling Gull and Ouroboros. For a moment, she had actually thought that going into a new pack would be beneficial. In that moment, she had made the worst mistake in her pack life. And she was paying for it.
236 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Erika kept her gaze firmly on Tyrande even as she made the small insult. How times have changed. To think that she and Tyrande were friends once would have been astonishing to any other creature that came by.

"Yes I did. But you also followed 'im." she said, hackles prickling. "You followed 'im too, and when you did, you ruined your life. But you did not destroy it like I practically did." she growled deeply, feeling her pups roll and batter in her stomach as she grew angrier. "I risked ze lives of myself, my mate, 'is pack and our pups when I left. You can be forgives on your sins, you can be absolved. But no one can forgive me. Majesty iz dead, or long gone. Wheeling Gull 'ates me and Silvertip wants to rip my pups out of me." she looked down at her stomach then, noticing the clear bulge one of her pups' paws made in her stomach as they kicked. "Tyrande, don't 'old anyzing against me. I 'ave enough problems as it iz." she sighed sadly.
202 Posts
Ooc — Jessica
Tyrande seemed to stop as she processed her words.

"He... what?"

It was then her hackles rose so high, she seemed to have grown twice her size. Her anger rose, and as it did, her flecks of violet seemed to disappear into their base color of electric blue. She seemed to have transformed into someone else. Something else. To the highly superstitious, one may have believed she had transformed into a god. She turned away from Erika and screamed out to the open blue sky.

"You bastard. You abandoned your pack! You abandoned a pack that you claimed you were going to help thrive! Not only did you try to get me to join your pack, but you lied. You're a liar! And not just me, you old fool, but you abandoned your pups. Your pups, Majesty!"

She continued to rant loudly, scattering a few meadow birds in the process. If a wolf were to pass by, they would probably think there was a mad wolf about. Tyrande continued, not even caring that the wolf next to her once loved the one she was angry at.

"You lied to me, you lied to your pack, YOU LIED TO ERIKA!" she screamed, "OUT OF EVERYTHING, YOU LIED TO A PERSON WHO TRUSTED YOU, WHO LOVED YOU. YOU ABANDONED YOUR FAMILY, YOUR PUPS! YOU'RE NOTHING BUT A LIAR. LIAR!"

Her voice rose at the end into an ear-splitting screech before she simmered down into silence, panting furiously. Her anger towards Erika was nothing compared to her anger towards Majesty. She stood silently and turned back to the French woman, waiting to see if she would defend her sorry excuse for a mate.
236 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Erika's ears pressed back in fear as Tyrande bristled to twice her size, turned towards the sky, and yelled. She was yelling at Majesty, if he was in heaven looking down at them now. She screamed that he was a liar, a traitor. Erika only listened quietly and waited until Tyrande's rage was over.

When the toxicologist calmed down and turned back to Erika, she was looking down at the ground. Erika took a deep breath and met her eyes calmly. "I refuse to believe 'e abandoned us. But if 'e did, well..." she thought about the curses she would scream at him, how she wanted to rip of whatever was left of his tattered ear. "But 'e 'asn't returned yet and I 'ave no way of knowing until I die and I see 'im again. Zen, I will probably know ze truth."
202 Posts
Ooc — Jessica
Tyrande was calming down slowly, still gasping for angry breaths. She closed her eyes for a few moments before opening them. They had returned to their serene lavender.

"Then where would he have gone, if he didn't abandon you? He may have been a timid wolf, be was a giant of a wolf as well. I'd bet my tail he'd be able to rival a bobcat on his own."
236 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
"I don't know, Tyrande. 'e 'as disappeared without a trace." she thought back to one of the theories she had for his disappearance. "Maybe 'e drowned? We 'ad a den by ze sea. Maybe 'e 'it 'is 'ead and fell in." She thought back to the little den they had together by the sea. It was possible that he might have slipped one day and landed in the salty waters, dragged down by his sodden fur. Who knows unless he comes back one day?
202 Posts
Ooc — Jessica
She was dissatisfied, and it was rather obvious, the way she mumbled to herself.

Finally, she looked at Erika with inquisitive eyes, "Your pack... Why do they hate you? I'd understand if it was because my pack is out for your- your pups'- blood... But that still doesn't change a fact. Erika, you have pups! Your giving life to a pack! why can't they appreciate that?"

She then thought about it for a second. Why DID Jinx want the death of Erika's pups? Shouldn't exile be enough? Then she looked at the mother, a soft realization spread across her face. She was wary, and she knew what she was about to do was insubordination. But... She didn't want to let a mother worry...

"I need you to keep a secret. And since your pack isn't very fond of you at the moment, it seems, it shouldn't be too hard. You just need to promise, and I promise this information will take a load off your worries."

Her eyes took on a cruel look. "But I swear by the mist of the Dim World, if you decide to EVER tell a single wolf, I'll track you down and show you what it means to be a Witch."
236 Posts
Ooc — Alisha

As much as she loved Majesty, she still hated that he kept her a secret from the pack. That's where she believed the mistrust started. "I guess it was because I was a secret from zem. None of zem trusted me when I first arrived, and I never told zem why I left Silvertip. Zey were wary and suspicious of me. Some even zought I led Silvertip to ze Isle, which in a way, was true." She thought back to when Ypres confronted her by the shore. The firey female never really trusted her in the first place anyway.

"Zat iz probably why ze gave me up to Silvertip, I was a liability, a danger to ze pack. Ze needs of ze many over ze needs of ze few..." The painful memory of Ypres giving her up to Silvertip still haunted her. Why?! she wanted to scream. Why would you give us up?!

"What iz it Tyrande?" A secret must be very classified if Tyrande threatened her. What on Earth could she want to tell her that was so secretive?