i stood for nothing
53 Posts
Ooc — hel
I am so sorry for the wait for this. x_x

Jinx’s smile had begun to be returned by the sandy Aok only to freeze in confusion at the words that followed the action mere moments later. Kerberos hesitated, quite visibly, before it sunk in, slowly, after a few seconds time, that she was in the same boat as him. Unsure if what she was seeing was an illusion or real. Her comment, though initially caused Kerberos’ hesitation, also ascertained the fact that Jinx was really there. Physically standing right in front of him, real. He figured that his illusion of Jinx would not be so uncertain, and such, deduced everything from that small, simple assumption of his own mind. “A couple of months ago,” He had not counted time as accurately as he, possibly, should have. It had seemed useless to count the days since he had left Shearwater Bay simply because, though the knowledge felt as if someone were piercing his heavy heart, the departure had felt permanent. Or as permanent as Atka required it to be, at any rate. “I…” He had begun but shushed himself when Jinx continued, wondering silently, why she was not in Shearwater Bay, herself. “W-what?! O-of course it’s ok. I mean, everybody was fine and healthy when I left.” Her panic had caused his own and in it’s pressing depths Kerberos, once more, picked up the stutter of his childhood, embarrassingly enough.

“Why wouldn’t it be ok?” He asked softly after a few moments, sea-green eyes softening as he studied her familiar facial features, ignoring the soft squeeze his heart gave at the sight of her. Seeing Jinx was like seeing a part of…home. It brought the homesickness Kerberos fought off on a near daily basis back into the war, and pulled the soft sigh right from the Aok boy’s lips. “I have to admit, I didn’t think I’d find you…or anyone from Shearwater Bay here,” Kerberos paused, his triangular ears slicking back to his skull ever so slightly as he settled back, comfortably, onto his haunches. “Atka lead me to this place…I…her full purpose for me remains enigmatic, but I know that she means for me to be here.” Jinx hadn’t asked for why he’d left Shearwater Bay…but she had been one of his Alpha’s. As an Alpha, as family he certainly respected her enough to admit the nature of his departure. Though, Kerberos supposed that she was no longer, technically, his Mambo, he still, unable to help it, thought of her as such.

He probably always would.

“It’s nice to see you Jinx. I missed you.” Kerberos admitted, feeling a soft rush of heat of awkwardness settle in his cheeks, though luckily wolves didn’t blush, so he didn’t have to worry about his body betraying him beyond the demure look down at his sandy colored paws.

Messages In This Thread
i stood for nothing - by Jinx - August 28, 2013, 03:27 AM
RE: i stood for nothing - by Kerberos - August 28, 2013, 08:25 AM
RE: i stood for nothing - by Jinx - August 28, 2013, 10:59 AM
RE: i stood for nothing - by Kerberos - September 12, 2013, 04:02 PM
RE: i stood for nothing - by Jinx - September 14, 2013, 02:27 PM
RE: i stood for nothing - by Kerberos - September 18, 2013, 06:19 AM
RE: i stood for nothing - by Jinx - September 20, 2013, 05:53 PM