Arrow Lake Both sides of the wall
402 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
@Fang Hey! Sorry for the wait, life gets crazy sometimes.. I went for Upper Arrow Lake cuz I never see threads there and I think the view should be amazing from there, no?
EDIT (1/22/2015): Removing tables.

The silver prince's journey had taken him already to a magnificent place, The Heartwood, a place where he promised he'd go back to enjoy once again when the autumn came. But he wouldn't stay there for ever, he had to go on with his exploration party and that meant walking a lot more.

Keith came out of the Heartwood and headed east, he wanted to see what the mountains had to offer besides cold. He surrounded the Greatwater lake and crossed the otter creek, not before stopping by to catch breakfast, and then started walking up a little slope that soon turned into a steep mountain that seemed to never stop going higher.

The Young prince walked up the mountain for hours, and from time to time he'd look back to see how high he was. He went on until he reached a small plateau that looked over the Flatlands and the Great Bear Wilderness, but behind, half of the mountain still awaited being climbed. He walked along the edge, enjoying the view for a couple minutes, and laid under lone a tree that grew right on the edge of a cliff and some of its roots stood out hanging on the air.

From that point he could easily see the lake and the Otter Creek down below, and in the distance the Heartwood looked just as jolly as it did from within, but he was trying to distinguish the Ouroboros that was so far beyond that he could only see a blurry shade of the highest pikes of the mountain ring that surrounded his home.
<div style="padding:25px; font:10px/1.75 Georgia;"><FONT COLOR="#daa520">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#daa52e">m</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dba53b">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dba549">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dba456">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dba464"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#dca371">m</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dca37f">u</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dca38d">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda29a">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda2a8">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda1b5">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda1c3">u</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0d0">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">,</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">h</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">l</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">t</FONT></FONT>
298 Posts
Ooc — Fang

The half-breed had wandered a distance out of his packland, heading towards the lake where he first met his leader. It seemed like an age had passed when in reality it had scarcely been a month. His exuberance was all but gone, the normally bouncy wolf-dog that travelled with his half-smirk was more mundane, subdued. There was a purpose in his steps as he headed in no real direction.

The lake wasn't much further ahead when he found himself on the small plateau that overlooked the wilds to the west. It was here he first spotted the white wolf, casually spread out in the shade of a cliff-hanging tree. Even the initial instinct of chasing off any unknown near the borders was gone at this time. Instead he opted for casual regard, he moved toward the white beast, his golden eyes taking in the view that rolled out before them. Standing as though they were part of the very sky, he chose to stop a few paces behind the 'intruder' I'll never get used to the views this mountain offers. He spoke in an offhand manner, not even entirely directed at the white male, though he had taken on pains to hide his approach, he expected words would still surprise the him.

Actions

Speech

thoughts

402 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
The views from the cliff were stunning, the white prince could've stayed there forever trying to recognize all the places he knew, but his senses warned him about an approaching male. It was coming from the mountain at his back, and when the young prince noticed he caught also the scent of the border markings of the same pack where he met his first friend in the wilds, Kodokuna from the Sunspire.

The boy turned his head when the other wolf was about a few yards behind him. The He said something, probably to himself, that the prince didn't know how to take, but when he examined his face he knew it. The view from that point was so inspiring and so peaceful, a beautiful place indeed.. "I know man, I could stay here forever..." he paused for a couple seconds, "Of course, if I wasn't intruding your territory, am I?" he turned his head to see how the male would react. there was a high chance that the boy was so distracted with the view that he ignored the borders.
<div style="padding:25px; font:10px/1.75 Georgia;"><FONT COLOR="#daa520">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#daa52e">m</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dba53b">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dba549">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dba456">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dba464"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#dca371">m</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dca37f">u</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dca38d">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda29a">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda2a8">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda1b5">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda1c3">u</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0d0">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">,</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">h</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">l</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">t</FONT></FONT>
298 Posts
Ooc — Fang

Intruding? He turned to look at the young male, the bored expression evident on his face as he thought on the words. A slight huff before he spoke. No, you're not. And even if you were, I'm not about to call down the cavalry. Alienating himself from the pack, he was tempted to add "not even my fucking borders" he left the thought unspoken before looking over the plateau once more.

His eyes looking over the wilds as a familiar smirk spread over his features, fixing his gaze on the general direction of the hot springs he'd met the female Finley. I still need to get back out there. He spoke again in the offhand manner, his tail giving a gentle thump in the ground as he sat, admiring the view. I'm called Fang, by the way. You are? He didn't look at the creature he was talking to, instead simply tilting his head, listening for the answer.

Speech

thoughts

402 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
The hybrid didn't seem bothered by Keith's prescence, and said he wasn't intruding his territory so the young prince relaxed a little. He sat up of his resting position as the other male sat down saying that he needed to "get back out there", Keith glanced back at the Flatlands once again and with passion in his words he said: "Life's too short to stay in one place.."

Keith had found himself consumed by wanderlust, and that passion had already taken him to the most unimaginable places. First the Blackfeather Woods, a dark and gloomy forest, and then the bright and cheery Heartwood. Two places so different from each other and yet so stunning at the same time.

The Coywolf introduced himself as Fang, and asked for the prince's name in return. "You can call me Keith" he barked with a slight smile, though he left the 'prince of the north' part out, he was starting to get used to the fact that the title wasn't any worth in the Wilds.

The silver boy looked then at the mountain at their back and felt an unbearable need to go and see how the north looked from the top. The boy didn't have any desire to go back to the stark lands where he came from, but he still loved the place with every inch of his heart. "Hey Fang, Have you ever gone up there?" he asked, with an immense curiosity in his eyes and his tail wagging in excitement. An adventure was what he wanted, and with company it would be better.
298 Posts
Ooc — Fang
that new avatar on Keith, unf.

Now this wolf was speaking a language he understood. I've never been one to stay for too long, it gets. ..tedious A casual sideways glance as made at the white beast. He didn't recognise any scent that clung to him, assuming he was from some distant pack, he left his curiosity behind for the time being.

well me Keith. He returned his attention to the landscape below them. The half-breed always almost always felt a keen sense of power build up when he stood overlooking those below him, somewhere in the back of his mins he was looking down on an entire kingdom, one he could take himself to any time he cared to. Up there? A small chuckle escaped at the question. The Spire? Indeed. That's my. ..home I guess. Truthful he admitted to himself it was feeling more like a burden and less like a home lately. It is a pretty impressive sight from up there, but honestly, it's not worth the hassle of the locals. He fixed the white prince with a half smile, offering a casual shrug when he finished.

He didn't feel welcome in the borders lately, and Keith wasn't a female, so he doubted he'd make it far before one of the others intercepted and chased him off.

Speech

thoughts

402 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Ok so, I know I asked for this thread but I have too many active threads right now! So my posting will be a bit slow on this one, I apologize in advance.. I guess since this one doesn't quite affect any of our character's timeline heavily it's safe to take it with ease, yes?

Oh, and the avatar was made by Java, it's amazing isn't it!? I changed it though cuz I have so many choices right now so I'll probably keep changing them all the time, they're all so cool XD

"Exactly" he agreed while the other male took a glance at him, he seemed unsatisfied with his pack, Keith noticed by how he kept making comments of how unworthy it was. All the young prince's thoughts were 'then why don't you leave?' But he kept it to himself thinking that maybe a comment like that would upset the hybrid.

"No, I meant that one" he barked with ease pointing wi his snout at the smaller mountain at their east noticing that Fang had mistaken him and thought that he was talking about the Sunspire. "I've been at the sunspire before, with Kodokuna" he thought back at her beautiful coloration and felt an urge to see his friend again, "Maybe you know her?"
298 Posts
Ooc — Fang
its all good take your time :3 Java did the set for Havoc, it's awesome. Also after this post feel free to PP fang tagging along or whatever if you're so inclined.

The silver male corrected him, much to his delight, everyone really likes being corrected. He shook his head with a small smirk on his face when he realised his mistake. He had never really thought of scaling the other mountains, having made a home I the spire he had the best view, of course he was under the impression the youth would never know the spectacular sights from there, until he mentioned a pack mate. Yes, I know Kodo. Half white, half black, shy. Bit weird if you ask me Not that he was an authority on normality, but he nonetheless didn't think much of that particular female.

Standing once more, he gave a quick shake and a stretch. We'll, Keith, what say we go for a wander to see up that mountain Normally he wouldn't have bothered, but it seemed an interesting enough diversion. He could be persuaded to attend to and he just might learn some more about the brash young male on the way.

Speech

thoughts

402 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Oh Kodo, indeed she was weird. In the time she and Keith interacted she said about four words, but she was sweet. Keith liked her and considered her a friend. But he hadn't seen her since they took down that goat in the mountains, perhaps he could go visit her when they came from the mountain they were about to climb.

"And what are we waiting for?" he barked with enthusiasm. The prince didn't wait to start trotting towards the smaller hills at the bottom that soon turned into steep walls once again. The boy turned to see if Fang was following, "C'mon man, I'm getting old!" he shouted even though Fang was closely following his steps.
298 Posts
Ooc — Fang

He followed after the white male with a small laugh. He had only lived in the mountain a short time but had since become quite adept at traversing the landscape, it came as no surprise when the gentle rises started to become steeper offset of rock and dirt. He often preferred taking it easy when he travelled the mountainside, but this new male was seemingly mor eager to make his way. He rolled his eyes when the cry of growing old came to the halfbreed.

A few quick strides and he would catch up with the whit brute, giving a soft shove to his side before speaking. Keep up that attitude and I'll make sure you don't get much older, buddy. His tone playful and light. Fang was never a fighter, and even when he pretended the notion would often be laughable to most, he used this to take shots at himself, and unless his new friend was especially sensitive, he'd surely realise the wolf dog was simply joking around.

Speech

thoughts

402 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Have you checked the territory description?
I'd like them to look for the way down to the lake, it says they're hidden and that are very treacherous, an adventure :D

The hybrid caught up with him and joked a little, the yearling laughed and shoved him back in the same manner. But he quickened his pace eager to get to his destination. The terrain was jolty and rough, rocks and dust made the trek arduous, but the yearling was determined to see what was on top of the mountain and what could be seen from there.

They were close, very close. He saw the top getting closer and he started trotting and soon after he found himself running even though the terrain was steeper than ever. A few more steps and he'd be there, looking over the mountain, looking at the north, at his homeland, but he stopped to a halt lifting a small cloud of dust behind him. What if the sight wasn't what he expected? What if he couldn't see the north from there? Would have i all been in vain?

The yearling stood still, only his chest moving for his heavy breathing. He looked back to glance at Fang with anguish in his eyes.
298 Posts
Ooc — Fang
Yupp yup, and sure we can do that. :3 also sorry for short post. :C

The climb was relatively easy for a mountain dweller, but for those not used to the terrain or the effort required to cross it, it could be dangerous. The White male did surprisingly well, Fang continued to follow up until his companion stopped, turning to face him with a troubled look. Slowing to a walk he continued to approach Keith. His own expression shifting to questioning look. What's wrong? As he moved past the white beast he continued speaking. we're almost at the top.

Actions

Speech

thoughts

402 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Will you please forgive me for being such a jerk and keep you waiting on this thread? My posting was awful the last couple weeks and I feel bad about it :( I even put myself on absence because I couldn't get one good post :(

His hybrid friend walked past him with no less than what he expected, a troubled look. What was wrong? Not even Keith himself knew the answer to that question. He was eager to get to the top just a couple seconds before but now he just felt like the desire to see over the mountain had just dissipated. "I.. Sorry man I just.." He said troubled. He didn't know why he was being such coward, he knew he wouldn't see his former home from there, it was too far, but there was something that was stopping him.

"I used to live past the mountain... Far north... Too far to see it from here actually..." His words held nostalgia and pain, but he didn't want to bring the emotion of the adventure down.

He sighed and took a deep breath, lifted his head and pointed his ears and eyes to the top again taking a step forward. "Let's go" he barked with a renewed enthusiasm and walked until he was beside his new friend.
298 Posts
Ooc — Fang
@keith sorry for the hold up, think I've got my muse back now

The hybrid listened to the white male, his words edged on something he didn't seem willing to divulge. His inbuilt curiosity almost caused him to peruse the matter until more words followed, a dismissive gesture to keep moving. My home is. ..many great days from here. I wouldn't even know which way to start walking to get back there. Not that he had a desire to get back, he shrugged the thought off.

The half-breed bounced a few steps ahead before spinning back to face his new friend. The peak behind him he tilted his head at Keith. There's a lake not too far from here. I think there's a way down from up the top. It's probably a dangerous path though. Of course the path he'd taken lead from the lake to the Sunspire, but he had seen a few others that would have seemed to lead elsewhere, if not, stumbling down the mountainside until you crash into the lake was an option.

Speech

thoughts

402 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
it's ok, I know the feel ;3 Also, I noticed Keith and Fang will be pack-mates in BFW!! I'm so excited!

The hybrid man shared his own home issues with the silver boy, but even though he liked Fang he didn't have an interest in his past life, just as he didn't have any desire to get his old life back either. He nodded at the half-breed comment but didn't add anything to it hoping that they'd leave the topic behind, he didn't want his past life to haunt him when he had had a new beginning in The Teekon Wilds.

The boy waved his tail at Fang's enthusiasm and followed when the Half-breed mentioned the lake behind the wall. It sounded like he was familiar with the area and so, the silver yearling trusted him to lead the way down to the lake. He walked forward until he was past the tallest peak. He saw the lake guarded by two silver tipped mounts on both sides. It was beautiful, at the point he didn't even direct his eyes at the further northern lands that he was so anxious about. Keith eyed his older friend to take the front, "looks dangerous..." he barked looking at the rough and steep hill before them.
298 Posts
Ooc — Fang

soon enough the duo managed to climb the peak and leave it behind, they travelled the last in relative silence, it wasn't something that Fang disliked. When they managed to climb over the mountaintop, they looked down on the arrow lake. A feeling of regret swept over the hybrid, staring down at the place he'd first stumbled across the sun spire alpha. Biting back an irritated growl at the thought of time he'd wasted on the mountain since then, he was snapped out of his internal reverie by Keith's words.

looking over the rolling landscape of rock and dirt at their feet he turned his wheat coloured eyes on the boy. Happy to move up, afraid to go down, hey? He took on a playful voice, of course he wasn't in a rush to traverse the nonexistent path himself. Want to take the lead, if we slip at least I'll have a soft landing. A single 'hah' escaped at his own words before he made the first uncertain steps to begin their trip to the lake. Inwardly praying he didn't slip ass over head.

Speech

thoughts

402 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Care to fade with your last post? I think this one's getting a bit outdated and we'll have a chance to make a hundred more when Keith joins BFW... (sorry for the crappy post :s)

The way down didn't seem to be any easy to climb down, dust and rocks rolled down as he stepped closer to the edge, he jumped back fearing that the floor beneath him would slide with him on top. "Alright, pussy! But try to keep up!" he barked as he leaped forward harshly skidding down the hill and leaving a cloud of dust behind him.
298 Posts
Ooc — Fang
Ending hurrrrrr, archive it brosef

Wheat coloured eyes opened in shock as the white male burst past him in a flurry of spoken words, dust and rocks. he could only laugh as he began trekking down the hill toward the lake with increased speed, trying to keep up. On the plus side if he slipped at least Keith would break his fall. There was something satisfying knowing that at least.