Firefly Glen couldn't give me a myth, so I had to write my own
parts of stars, parts of legends
677 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Ecologist
He accepted with an easy nod, never once having any reason to doubt Moonspear's strength within their reach. Whatever came to them only made it more convenient to deal with, so there were no concerns to be had about that. Even in looking out and beyond, he was confident, but not blindly so. They had not raised fools here and there were few things he could rush towards without thorough pondering, which this was no different.

From his spot opposite his sister, Jarilo helped weigh down a piece of carcass when she tugged, trying to help separate it while still nosing around himself. When she brought up Neverwinter, he scoffed over the exposed vertebrate once leading to a neck he poked with his snout. It looked pretty dry and certainly picked awfully clean, but maybe something worth crunching on anyway. He didn't have particularly fond views of their neighbors he had hardly bothered to meet. Neverwinter had been useful turf and resources to him.. especially in the summer months, so any barricade to that was just annoying. Then again, that still left plenty of time for them to either move on or fizzle out, honestly. Maybe difficult hunting and looming Moonspear presence would eventually be enough to simply drive them onward and away.

But her next turn of the subject pricked his ears more than before, and he was keenly aware of the lingering dread he still felt anytime such a matter of the season came up. His expression went tight.. but her praise, noted. Not just thanks to the similarities she reminded him of, either. Still.. perhaps in part to his inexperience, Jarilo could not fathom not waiting for worthy. Why not? When he was fine.. not? It only seemed to invite trouble otherwise and a situation worth proceeding intentionally with. I hope so. I try.. He was a reserved personality, enough to make it easy to do.  He licked his lips--mostly nerves, partially thinking about bones. We do not need last year again, he sighed, jaded about that and still hurt, still raw, thanks to that long drawn out stress that ended the worst way possible. Anyway: Leading? Not.. really. Not lately. Especially not since that happened. Hydra would know. He had lost valuable mentors then. Others had grown up into roles of a nearby niche since, but it had kept him distracted--asunder, in some ways. The look he left that on lingered her way, curious what that meant.. his honest answer aside.
[Image: FTnkWJH.png]
Messages In This Thread
couldn't give me a myth, so I had to write my own - by Hydra - December 10, 2019, 07:47 PM
RE: couldn't give me a myth, so I had to write my own - by Jarilo - January 14, 2020, 12:20 AM