49 Posts
Ooc — Charmy
bone of the father, unknowingly given
you will renew your son
flesh of the servant, willingly sacrificed
you will revive your master
blood of the enemy, forcibly taken
[size=3]you will resurrect your foe[/size]

She stood there, watching, waiting, unmoving and unspeaking. From her aunt, she had learned that actions spoke a whole lot louder than words, but this was one of those moments when actions weren’t going to cut it entirely. She expected words, expected some sort of explanation as to what had driven her cousin to leave without so much as a single word or assurance that she would return. There was a lot riding on this moment, this very moment in time, whether either of them really knew it or not.

Remaining absolutely silent, she listened when her cousin began to speak. At first, Aguta thought that was going to be all that was said, as if it would have made everything all better again. Much to her surprise, the younger female continued speaking. When Tonravik acknowledged that she should have let Aguta know, the older female gave a slight nod of her head. Yes, her cousin should have very much let her know. Aguta was very disappointed that she hadn’t, and did wonder if that meant her cousin had little regard for the woman who had loyally and very faithfully remained by the Issumatar’s side until being sent away to spread Tartok with the Issumatar’s only living daughter.

It wasn’t until Tonravik spoke of Siku thinking of her that Aguta felt her stance softening a bit, but not entirely, though it was enough to make her not look as angry and hurt as she had just moments before. She continued to remain silent while her cousin finished saying what she had to say. Aguta wanted to pick her own words carefully and not just allow her disappointment and anger rule her mouth because that wouldn’t lead to anything but more anger. “Respect is earned,” she finally began. “Loyalty is earned. I am here because it is what your mother told me to do, or I would still be following faithfully by her side.”

Falling silent once more, the large, but slender, female began to move forward, closing the distance between her and her cousin, stopping only once she stood directly in front of the younger female. “I watched you grow from a pup to the young woman you are now,” she began again. “I have loved you from the time I met you, as I have loved your brothers from the time I met them. I respected and adored your father. And, as is no secret, I respect and love your mother, my Aunt.”

Allowing her head to lower slightly, she closed her eyes for a moment. “I will follow you as I followed your mother, but you will have to earn my respect, Tonravik.” As she continued speaking, she lifted her gaze toward her cousin, watching her. “I am not a blind follower to be cast aside when the mood arises. If you wish for my respect, you in turn must respect me.” Aguta could now only hope she'd not crossed a line by voicing what she'd voiced.

Messages In This Thread
calling - by Tonravik - September 09, 2013, 12:28 AM
RE: calling - by Aguta - September 09, 2013, 09:01 AM
RE: calling - by Tonravik - September 09, 2013, 09:26 AM
RE: calling - by Aguta - September 09, 2013, 10:35 AM
RE: calling - by Tonravik - September 10, 2013, 04:11 PM
RE: calling - by Aguta - September 11, 2013, 10:07 AM
RE: calling - by Tonravik - September 12, 2013, 09:15 PM
RE: calling - by Aguta - September 13, 2013, 06:33 PM
RE: calling - by Tonravik - September 16, 2013, 11:18 PM
RE: calling - by Aguta - September 18, 2013, 06:34 PM
RE: calling - by Tonravik - September 18, 2013, 11:15 PM