49 Posts
Ooc — Charmy
bone of the father, unknowingly given
you will renew your son
flesh of the servant, willingly sacrificed
you will revive your master
blood of the enemy, forcibly taken
[size=3]you will resurrect your foe[/size]

It was hard for Aguta to accept that she hadn’t been allowed to show affection to her cousins as they grew up and it was apparent, now, that it still pained her a little as her cousin pulled away. For the most part, Aguta readily accepted Siku’s ways, strove to try to make her aunt proud and learn what she could from the older female. But it was hard for her to accept no allowed shows of affection because that was not how she, herself, had been raised. Her father (whom she had turned her back on years ago and no longer acknowledged as her father) had doted on her, making it easy for her to be the weakest link in a sense. But that wasn’t how things were in Tartok. In Tartok, you had to be hard, swallowing emotion and keeping it to yourself.

Tonravik then asked a question of her and Aguta had to think for a moment how to answer. She didn’t want to tell her cousin about how she’d gone on a reckless run to try to run from her own self, to try to run from the anger and jealousy that coursed through her veins on an almost daily basis because that would make her sound weak, and that was not something that sat well with the scarred woman in the least. “I explored,” was how she chose to word it, rather than allowing herself to show any sort of weakness. “To the north. I ran into a male; Godry. He was from there.” She didn’t come right out and say that she hunted with the male, either, nor that she’d done so because she didn’t think her cousin was coming back.

“I thought you’d gone,” she continued, slicking her ears against her head. “I walked the mountain, from bottom to top, with a woman called Muirrin. We spoke of the ghosts of the mountain, ghosts of the past, and traveled to the top.” Aguta let her icy gaze travel over Tonravik’s face, but avoided direct eye contact. “I craved the company of another, and she filled that void for that moment.” Other than that, there wasn’t a whole lot that Aguta had seen or heard. She just hoped that her cousin would not hold it against her that she had doubted that Tonravik was going to return, especially considering she hadn’t been told of the younger female’s plight to seek out Siku in the first place.

Messages In This Thread
calling - by Tonravik - September 09, 2013, 12:28 AM
RE: calling - by Aguta - September 09, 2013, 09:01 AM
RE: calling - by Tonravik - September 09, 2013, 09:26 AM
RE: calling - by Aguta - September 09, 2013, 10:35 AM
RE: calling - by Tonravik - September 10, 2013, 04:11 PM
RE: calling - by Aguta - September 11, 2013, 10:07 AM
RE: calling - by Tonravik - September 12, 2013, 09:15 PM
RE: calling - by Aguta - September 13, 2013, 06:33 PM
RE: calling - by Tonravik - September 16, 2013, 11:18 PM
RE: calling - by Aguta - September 18, 2013, 06:34 PM
RE: calling - by Tonravik - September 18, 2013, 11:15 PM