Ooc — Charmy
private for Vilocity - mid-afternoon

this used to be my playground
this used to be my childhood dream
this used to be the place i ran to
whenever i was in need
of a friend
[size=3]why did it have to end[/size]

As of late, the sightless boy was spending less and less time deep within the pack territory and more and more time nearer to the territory borders. He knew that it was dangerous for him to do, but since he had such superior hearing due to his lack of vision, he figured he was safe enough. Surely the day would end up coming that something would end up happening, but until then, he was content with doing what he was doing. He was trying to be a little more independent, though he had yet to attempt to hunt on his own since coming here purely because he didn’t trust himself to not end up running into a tree or stepping in a hole. He was still trying to learn the lay of the land within the pack borders, though it was still quite slow going.

Hanging out near the borders, his ears were in constant motion, listening to the various sounds all around him. Rarely did those sounds change, but when they did, he was the first to hear them. He’d been trying so hard to stop thinking about his parents and how much he missed them, but it seemed to only work when he was in the company of others, though not in the company of his beloved sister because she was in the same depressive funk that he was in. Believe it or not but being in the company of complete strangers seemed to be the only thing that managed to get his mind off of his depression, off of his sadness.

Hanging out under a shade tree, it wasn’t really overly hot that afternoon but it felt good out of the sun’s rays that were coming down through the tree tops. The light breeze that was blowing ruffled his fur every so often as it reached him from around the trees. That was when a sound reached his ears causing him to thrust them forward, turning his head in the direction the sound was coming from. Milky colored eyes stared, unblinking, unmoving, unseeing. But it wasn’t with his eyes that he was able to locate things. “Who’s there?”

<font style="font-family:helvetica; font-size:12.5px; color:#4B0082;">Each of us can only deal with what’s in front of us.</font><p><I>Avatar by STEVIE!! :)</i>
561 Posts
Ooc — Sam
OOC: sorry for the late reply!! I totally forgot about having to apply for a pack :p

Hawkeye licked her chops, crimson color matting her black coat with a wet look upon her face and paws. Her dense frame made it almost simple to catch prey and take them down. She padded forward, going at a steady and slow pace; her stomach was filled with so much meat it made her a bit lethargic.

As she moved lazily, she heard a voice call out through the trees that startled her a bit. The "Who's there?" came from a male. Hawkeye paused and craned her head; her key-lime eyes took sight of a small amount of white fluff between the brush and dense timber. Luckily he was to her left, otherwise she wouldn't have heard him and could have possibly been attacked.

She turned his direction and replied cautiously, "Vilocity... Who are you, white wolf?"
<small><i>avatar by lieu</i></small>
67 Posts
Ooc — Charmy
No worries <3

whenever i was in need
of a friend

Along with the sound of movement, he could smell the scent of blood, though he wasn’t entirely sure of just how fresh it was. He’d called out because it sounded like whoever was there was closer to the pack borders than they needed to be, especially because whoever was there didn’t smell as though they belonged to the pack. He’d called out, basically, to warn them of being closer than they needed to be. Yildun just hoped that it wouldn’t end up being a terrible mistake on his part. He would try to hide the fact that he was blind for as long as possible, but he knew that one look at his eyes would absolutely give him away.

Remaining where he was, he hoped that his face wasn’t visible to the stranger as he listened to the stranger’s movement turning in his direction. “Yildun, Delta of Dragonwatchers,” he responded. “You are quite close to our borders, Vilocity.” He used her name purely because she had given it when he had called out asking who was there. The sightless young male could only hope that this didn’t turn into some sort of confrontation. If it did, he hoped that he’d be able to call out and someone in the pack would be able to respond quickly enough to prevent him from being injured.

<font style="font-family:helvetica; font-size:12.5px; color:#4B0082;">Each of us can only deal with what’s in front of us.</font><p><I>Avatar by STEVIE!! :)</i>
561 Posts
Ooc — Sam
Hawkeye had heard him say his name, rank, and the pack he belonged to, and then she only caught "borders". She assumed this meant she was starting to intrude on territory. Context clues were something she had to learn quickly after her fall.; not gathering information could be the difference between life and death for her.

Trying to peer around the crowded forest, she came up with nothing besides the white fur she glanced at before. Moving to her left a few feet, she caught sight of a section of his face. She slightly sucked air into her mouth; she was looking at a milky white eye through the space in between two trees. Is... is he blind? The questioned bounced around in Hawkeye's mind, making her both scared and giving her a desire to speak to the giant snowflake.

She thought carefully and then began. "I do not mean to trespass, Yildun. I was not aware any wolves lived in this area." Hawkeye began. "...Do you mind if I come closer..?" The raven-colored wolf inquired. "I mean no harm."
67 Posts
Ooc — Charmy
whenever i was in need
of a friend

He had hoped that by remaining behind the bushes and brush that he would be able to keep his face hidden from the stranger, but when he heard the female moving to the side, that hope crumbled. It was only a matter of her getting into the right position to be able to clearly see him. This was not sitting all that well with him and he couldn’t help but begin to feel worry creeping into the very core of his being. Yildun felt himself tensing up, ready to run at any given moment if things were to go wrong, as well as ready to cry out for whatever pack member just happened to be closest. He knew his way through the trees well enough that he didn’t worry too much about running into one of them if he had to run for his life or something.

She asked if she could come closer and this put him on even higher alert than he already was. But there was something in her voice that told him that perhaps she wasn’t lying. His ears slicked back against his head for a moment while he tried to think about what to say at that point before pushing them forward again. This was not a fun predicament to be caught in, that’s for sure, but he knew that he needed to try to make the best of it, to try to not let his fear get the better of him. Until his parents had died, he had been pretty fearless. That wasn’t so much the case anymore. He felt vulnerable more often than not, and it wasn’t a very comfortable feeling.

“Very well,” the young male finally answered. “But you should know that my pack mates, including my Alpha, are not that far away.” It wasn’t entirely a lie, and he was able to keep his voice steady to be able to pull it off. Maybe this wouldn’t be so bad after all. Maybe, just maybe, he could possibly help recruit someone new into the pack. There were so many maybes, though. “Is there something I can help you with? Or were you trying to just pass by?” he inquired, curiously, turning his head fully toward the female as he listened to her moving.

561 Posts
Ooc — Sam
Hawkeye took a slow, deep breath and slowly began to weave herself between the trees, not wanting to move too quickly and put Yildun on the defense.

She'd nodded in acknowledgement when he said that the rest of his pack was not far away, even though she knew he couldn't see; maybe it was just to reassure herself.

Sitting before she answered, Hawkeye was about 5 feet away from the white wolf. She had been too curious earlier to notice much else besides the white fluff that was his fur and the one cloud-colored eye--now, she saw him fully and focused on every part of him. Yildun was handsome and had beautiful slate grey speckles on his chest and face, and his fur has a silvery hue to it. His chalky eyes were glazed over and so compelling, she found herself lost in them. She gasped quietly, then shook her head. I need to respond him, she asserted to herself mentally.

"I was just passing through.. I, mm, just had a delectable meal," she started, a smile on her lips. "Can you tell me about your pack, Yildun?" There was a small smack from her mouth after she said his name.
67 Posts
Ooc — Charmy
whenever i was in need
of a friend

It didn’t matter how slow she moved, Yildun was already on the defense. Being blind, and meeting a stranger, automatically put him on the defense. His body was tense and ready to run at any given moment, as well as ready to call for help if that need so arose. It wasn’t the same here as it had been where he had been born. Most of the wolves he interacted with at least knew of him because of his father. So it was taking a lot of adjusting to being somewhere that not only did others not know his father, but knew nothing about the blind young male as well.

His ears were pushed forward as he listened to her stopping a little bit away from him and sitting. Every movement she made, he was fully aware of regardless of the fact that he couldn’t actually see her movements. She spoke of having eaten and it caused a slight stirring within his own stomach. The young male was still only eating just enough to sustain him and not nearly enough to keep him healthy looking. He was thin, far too thin, and it was his own doing. He just couldn’t seem to get himself to eat much of anything regardless of how hungry he was at the time of the meals. His depression caused him to just not care.

“It is called Dragonwatchers and is led by Koontz,” he told her, flicking an ear to listen to the sounds around him as well as focusing on Vilocity. “What would you like to know about the pack?” He wasn’t entirely sure what to tell her about the pack without knowing more of what she was interested in hearing about.

561 Posts
Ooc — Sam
Vilocity watched with curiosity as Yildun's ears flicked and moved at the noises she could barely or not even hear at all; his attention seemed to be stiffly on her, though.

She pondered a moment--had she really "broken free" from her parents' pack? Hawkeye wasn't sure how that settled with her; it gave her an odd feeling. Not feeling like she neither belonged to the pack, nor didn't belong, she shrugged slightly to herself and decided that asking could do no harm.

"What is your belief system? And how does your leader--this Koontz--treat you all?" Then she inquired something that she was selfishly curious about. "How were you recruited..?" It was quietly said, as if she didn't want to be too intrusive. She pursed her lips and quickly added: "My deer is not too far off, there's plenty of meat left.. We can head over there while talking if you want to grab a snack.."
67 Posts
Ooc — Charmy
whenever i was in need
of a friend

She seemed to fall silent after he’d asked his question. Yildun wanted to give answers, but he needed specifics first before he could give her the answers that she sought. And then they came. She asked three questions right in a row. The sightless young male would have no problem with answering the direct questions that she asked. Before he could begin to answer, though, she spoke of the remains of her meal being not that far off. If this would have been someone he knew, he might consider crossing out of the pack territory to go have a bite or two, but since she was a stranger, he didn’t think it was a good idea. “No thank you, I’m not hungry,” was the best he could answer in that regard.

With that mostly out of the way, he could focus on the questions she asked in him regards to the pack. “We are simply wolves,” he began to answer. “We look out for each other, help each other, support each other, and take care of each other. There is no belief system other than we are wolves, and we are family.” He really hoped that what he was saying made sense to her. Having been born into a pack that followed the stars, it was different for him being here in this pack, but he was adjusting, though slowly. One day, things would hopefully be not so tough for him.

Her second question was just as easy to answer as the first, really. “Koontz is a good leader,” he began. “She is fair and easy to talk to. She seems to really care about the members of her pack, and is usually readily available to those who need her for whatever reason.” He liked the woman well enough, though he was still adjusting to being under someone other than family. It wasn’t such a bad thing, though, and he really did think of Koontz as a right and fair leader.

It was her third question that wasn’t the easiest to answer, and he fell silent while he thought about just how to answer it. Truthfully, there was really only one way to answer the question, and that was with the absolute truth in how he came to being accepted. “I came here with a group of others from our former home,” he began. “My older sister, my littermate brother, and a small handful of others. I was part of the package deal, really. My older sister had already assured me, before we came here, that if I was turned away, she would not stay either. But we were all accepted. All of us. Me included.” Which he really was grateful for because, face it, who wanted to readily take on a blind wolf?

561 Posts
Ooc — Sam
Hawkeye soaked in the words while staring in awe at the blinded wolf. She didn't know why she was so mesmerized by him. He spoke confidently about pack ideals (not so far off from her own, although the moon was a part of her parents' beliefs as well) and the pack leader, who was a solo female. She wasn't sure how she felt about that; she felt a male/female team should lead for balance. But it wasn't her pack to judge, so she dropped that thought quickly.

When Yildun came to answer her last question, though, he thought for a moment before beginning. His sister, from the small mention of her, seemed to be very loyal to her sibling--perhaps a big sister watching out for her "little" brother? The fact that he had been accepted into the pack--even being the rank of Delta--showed Hawkeye how unbiased this "Koontz" was. Maybe she wouldn't mind having a wolf who was essentially deaf in her pack as well.

But, Hawkeye noticed he appeared to be insecure about his blindness. She could relate: being mostly deaf presented her extra difficulties, including being much more aware of her surroundings. It wasn't as harsh as being completely blind, but it troubled her all the same, even with her phenomenal eyesight.

She thought a moment and stepped about a foot closer. "Yildun, I would like to meet your Alpha, Koontz." She paused and pondered something, and then spoke hurriedly, "What are your feelings about being blind? I just... I mean, I am almost completely deaf and thought maybe we could relate." She stammered the last part out anxiously, making a face at herself in embarrassment. Was telling him that the smartest choice? Hawkeye stared at Yildun's freckled face and awaited his response.
67 Posts
Ooc — Charmy
Sending a PM to Kat to let her know Yildun is calling for Koontz :)

whenever i was in need
of a friend

Actually, he wasn’t really all that insecure about his blindness. Quite the opposite, really, but coming to an entirely new place had been terribly hard for him. However, Koontz was more accepting of him than he had originally thought she would be. He had found himself able to open up to her, to actually be able to smile again, which was something he hadn’t done in months, not since the death of his parents. Not a day went by that he didn’t miss his father the most. His father had been his rock, his guardian, his protector, his best friend.

He tensed a little when he heard her step closer, but she didn’t seem to move very far forward so made himself remain sitting where he was. Yildun pushed his ears entirely forward when she spoke of wanting to meet his Alpha, but before he could lift his muzzle to call for her, Vilocity asked him about his blindness. Her question took him a little by surprise, really, because he hadn’t expected something so blunt, thus he was speechless for a few minutes. “I have been blind since birth,” he responded. “I haven’t known any other way but blindness.” To him, it wasn’t entirely a bad thing. There were things he could do that others could not, like hear so much clearer.

“I’ll call for Koontz,” he said, tilting his muzzle toward the sky and let forth a howl, calling for her, letting her know that there was someone at the border that wanted to speak with her. “It shouldn’t take long for her to respond.”

561 Posts
Ooc — Sam
Hawkeye pushed her ears back into her head after his response. Maybe there was a difference--she hadn't always been hard of hearing; normally confident, she now felt ashamed and foolish. She slowly backed away a few feet in shame, wanting to take flight and leave. Hawkeye looked around, things blurring around her. Letting her secret be known gave her a handicap. Closing her eyes and wishing she could tear the words from history, she took a deep breath.

Running was not a choice. She stood up tall and awaited his leader.
<i>"Sometimes there is no darker place than our thoughts, the moonless midnight of the mind."</i>
171 Posts
Ooc —
Koontz was in the middle of a conversation with her brother and most trusted Leviathorgan, Ray, when a howl rose into the sky. "That's Yildun," she said. The call didn't sound urgent, per se, but the Alpha knew he wouldn't call her for no reason. "I'd better respond. See you for dinner?" she said, touching her muzzle to the side of her litter mate's neck and then turning to lope in the direction of her Delta's call.

En route, she yipped to him to let him know she was coming. When she reached the border, she discovered that her blind pack mate wasn't alone. If it was just Yildun, she wouldn't have bothered, but with the stranger present—and so near the territory—she put on what Ray had once jokingly called the Alpha suit: head and tail held high, shoulders thrown back and braced, ears pricked and sharp eyes alert.

"Hi, Yildun," she said, speaking clearly as she slid up alongside him. Although she still didn't know him too well, Koontz fondly recalled their lovely meeting not long ago and she still felt just as at ease with him as before. Accordingly, she touched her nose to his cheek before turning to regard the unfamiliar she-wolf. "Who's this?" she asked lightly, only the slightest brisk, businesslike edge to her voice.
67 Posts
Ooc — Charmy
whenever i was in need
of a friend

He could sense the change in the air around the female, could smell her nervousness rising, and heard her taking a couple steps away from him. He couldn’t help but wonder what was suddenly wrong. “It’s okay,” he told Vilocity. “You’ll be alright. Koontz isn’t going to try to eat your face or something.” He was trying to lighten the air before the Alpha arrived. He was no longer as tense as he had initially been, especially when he heard the return call from Koontz letting him know that she was on her way.

He heard her coming, heard the difference in the way her steps sounded, and knew that she was displaying her rank upon arrival. It was because of the more authorative sound of her movements that the sightless young male slicked his ears back and lowered his head a little. But that didn’t stop him from swaying his tail behind him and allowing a small smile to grace his silvery muzzle. Feeling her come up alongside of him, touching her nose to his cheek, the blind Delta allowed his smile to widen a little. He felt just at ease with her as she seemed to with him. Yildun knew, though, that there was business at hand.

“Hi Koontz,” he greeted in return, happy that she’d answered his call so quickly. “This is Vilocity. She asked me a couple questions about the pack and then requested to be able to speak to you herself.”

561 Posts
Ooc — Sam
She nodded and relaxed, even though it was only slightly, at Yildun's comforting words.

Hawkeye tilted her head slightly as what she assumed to be the Alpha approached; She easily had 50, maybe 60 pounds on the grey female. How did she become an Alpha? the inky black wolf asked herself.

After Yildun told Koontz about the business at hand, the black-pelted wolf voiced her points immediately. "Vilocity is my birth name, but I go by 'Hawkeye' due to my... vision." She had paused slightly, not wanting to sound too pretentious to the Alpha. If she decided to stick around, Koontz would know how unrivaled her vision was, and any form of bragging would not be needed. "I asked your Delta to call you, because I... I would like to hear from you why you allowed him into your pack. I... I am just very curious." Her face felt hot. She sounded absolutely ludicrous asking an Alpha out to answer such a lame question. "And... your pack. I would like to hear about it, as well." She said more confidently. Normally well-spoken, Hawkeye did not know what had gotten into her. It could possibly be the fact that she had never met another disabled wolf, especially one blind and ranked as a Delta.
<i>"Sometimes there is no darker place than our thoughts, the moonless midnight of the mind."</i>
171 Posts
Ooc —
The strange female offered little in way of submission to the Alpha female, immediately causing her smile to fade into a blank expression. Nonetheless, she gave her the benefit of the doubt for the moment and listened as the she-wolf introduced herself, alluding to her superb eyesight, which intrigued the young Alpha. Koontz did not abide so well by her next question, however, which was rude bordering on audacious.

Frowning openly, Koontz took a breath to steady herself and replied firmly, "That is nobody's business but mine and Yildun's and I would prefer not to discuss it with a perfect stranger." Her pale eyes glittered warningly. Koontz felt defensive not only of her decision but of her pack mate himself. How dare this woman question an unfamilar Alpha's reasons for accepting a member?

"What would you like to know?" she asked, her tone a bit brisk and impatient. Yildun could have told her anything she wanted to know and Koontz felt insulted all over again on his behalf. She patiently reminded herself that sometimes a visitor liked to speak with the leadership itself, though she was having a hard time feeling accommodating toward this particular wolf. She might be completely wrong, yet Koontz had the feeling that she was here to put Yildun down and it made her quietly furious the more she thought about it.
67 Posts
Ooc — Charmy
Depressed boy shows feelings other than depression... :/

whenever i was in need
of a friend

Ever listening to everything around him, he was mostly focused on any sounds of movement from Vilocity. He was very aware of what different movements sounded like and paid particular attention to listening for her to offer polite submission to Koontz when she arrived. Yildun was disappointed to not hear that from her, though. But that wasn’t what ended up bringing a deep frown to his silvery face.

As he listened to the remarks coming from the female that he’d been speaking with, and had called Koontz to speak with, his frown deepened, considerably. Not only was he quite unhappy about the comments, but he was quite offended, to be honest. Did she think that just because he was blind he didn’t know what he was talking about? That she could question things about him in front of him as if he wasn’t even present? Was she for real? If he would have known these were the things she was going to bring up, he would not have called for Koontz to come to the borders to speak to Vilocity.

Not one to get upset like most, he actually felt himself bristling a bit and rose to his paws. The only thing that seemed to keep him from showing just how upset he was feeling was the feel of the woman beside him, the feel of her fur brushing against his. “Are you serious?” he finally managed to say. “Are you really going to sit there and ask my Alpha about me as if I’m not even here? What does it matter why she did or didn’t accept me? Would you be asking the same if I weren’t blind?” He bristled a second time, feeling so very offended at that moment. He hadn’t felt so insulted in all his life thus far.

561 Posts
Ooc — Sam
Hawkeye's ear twitched, but she kept her composure. Her father had always taught her to stay placid when her anger spiked; it would give her the upper hand if she needed to attack, for she would take anyone she needed to by surprise. This was completely unlike her mother--and her brother, for that matter--whose anger boiled and splashed in the face of anyone nearby.

She faced Yildun, keeping a scowl from her face and the icy chill from her breath. This wasn't due to Yildun himself, but the, in her mind, irrational stance he had taken by jumping to conclusions. And Hawkeye realized that the Alpha was just being defensive of the pack, but that didn't keep her from resenting the harsh words.

Warm and responsive, ready, go. "Yildun. You know I already asked you about these things, and, in no way was I trying to act like you weren't here; I would never do that to you after the goodwill you have shown me." Her anger had dissipated by this point, melting away and going soft with the memory of his hospitality and openness. "I simply wanted to heard from your leader," she put even more gently, "the things I had asked you previously."

Hawkeye turned to Koontz. "I did not ask to make--you, Yildun--feel bad about himself, or anyone else for that matter." She glanced back to him as she said his name, and then, once again, looked to Koontz before finishing her sentence. "I was honestly curious as to the warmth in your heart. Obviously, there is not a way to phrase this without anyone being put into an outrage." Taking a deep breath in at the end of her words, she waited for a response.
171 Posts
Ooc —
When Yildun objected to the question alongside her, Koontz stiffened. She touched her muzzle to the side of his neck. I've got your back, the gesture said. Her pale blue eyes remained trained shrewdly on Vilocity the entire time. I won't tolerate her disrespect.

Vilocity explained herself and Koontz felt slightly less angry, yet the response did not exactly warm her over. Vilocity still showed no sign of respect for either the Alpha or the Delta while standing on their very doorstep, interrogating them inappropriately. Her words rang as slightly false too, though Koontz did not give in to the impulse to chase her away directly—yet, anyhow.

"It was an incredibly rude thing to ask," Koontz said with a note of dismissive finality, indicating that she wouldn't be won over by the reference to her kindliness and that she would not be obliging the stranger with an answer. "Besides, you assume that I only accepted him because I have a 'warm heart' and not because of Yildun's own merits. Just because he's blind doesn't mean he's a charity case, Vilocity," Koontz reprimanded the she-wolf coldly.

After a beat, she said, "Yildun can answer questions about himself if he wants to do so. Otherwise, it's none of my business, just like it's none of yours." The Alpha female paused. "I can answer specific questions about Dragonwatchers if you have any for me as its leader." Koontz kept it short and to the point, not particularly wanting to prolong this encounter but unwilling to leave Yildun alone with her.
67 Posts
Ooc — Charmy
Sorry! :/

whenever i was in need
of a friend

“Exactly,” he grumbled. “You already asked me. There is no point in turning right around and asking my Leader the very same question. I’m blind, not slow or stupid. I can hold my own. I’m not a charity case for you or anyone else to feel sorry for. Who or what gives you the damn right to ask why I was or wasn’t accepted into the pack?” Yildun had never felt anger before. It was strange and kind of scary. One thing was for certain, he very much did not like this feeling, at all.

As the anger coursed through him, he found himself not wanting to be standing there anymore. If he did, he was going to end up saying something that could very well get him in trouble or something. “I’m done here,” he growled, turning away from the female that he had been so nice to. “I think you should leave now.” He didn’t have to be facing her direction to address her in the way that he just did. Granted, it wasn’t entirely his place to be telling someone they needed to be leaving or not since Koontz was there, but he hadn’t even thought about that. He was too upset.

561 Posts
Ooc — Sam
The midnight black wolf's reply was chilly and brisk. "If you two are pretentious and moronic enough to jump to conclusions and desire to start a fight, that's on you. Never did I say you were 'slow and stupid'," Hawkeye mocked. "But it would be better for your pack if you didn't assume how people feel."

Vilocity Raptor huffed and turned her back, stiffening her body while trotting away into the woods. She would have no problem taking on the two small wolves if they tried anything, which she doubted they would. Her father Selim taught her to never treat unknown wolves with kind words, but she remained "soft" at her mother's opposing words. That won't be happening again. Narrowing her brow, Hawkeye growled at her thought and broke into a run, her long and heavy body leaving large prints pounded into the ground.
171 Posts
Ooc —
I know you wrote it as if she already left but, to be fair, Koontz and Yildun wouldn't necessarily just let her go, so I wrote this reply accordingly. Let me know if you have any concerns about this. :)

The Delta made it clear that he wanted Vilocity to leave. Although Koontz had been prepared to stick around and entertain their now unwelcome guest, she totally deferred to her subordinate's opinion on the matter. She touched her nose to his neck again, repeating her earlier promise: I've got your back.

"I'm going to have to ask—" Koontz began to say, firmly but tonelessly, when Vilocity cut her off and hurled insults at herself and Yildun. The young Alpha's eyes flashed in surprise, then darkened quickly as the haughty bitch accused them of trying to start a fight, rather than taking responsibility for her rudeness and apologizing for the misapprehension. Large as she was, she was nothing but an overgrown child, immature and uncouth as she tried to mock them.

The she-wolf huffed and turned her back, at which point Koontz lunged at it, aiming a warning bite square to Vilocity's exposed hindquarters to hasten her step. "Get away from my lands this instant," she warned loudly, giving Vilocity a narrow window of opportunity to flee.

Should she try to react or do anything besides leave as instructed, the Alpha fully intended to attack, this time with the intent to kill. She would not tolerate disrespect on her borders. And though she and Yildun were smaller, the two of them could certainly give Vilocity a run fo her money, at least long enough for the rest of the pack to arrive and tear her to shreds.
67 Posts
Ooc — Charmy
whenever i was in need
of a friend

If he’d been angry before, listening to the garbage she spewed forth intensified that feeling. Yildun did not like this feeling in the least. It was definitely not something he ever wanted to feel again if he could help it. It was only because of the feel of Koontz’s nose against his neck that he didn’t fully fly off the handle, not that he would have been able to do much since he had zero “training” in fighting. Would he have been able to attack if pushed far enough? Honestly, with as angry as he was feeling, it was quite likely. He knew the pack territory inside and out and, well, navigated it absolutely blind. Hell, he probably knew it better than most of the others that had their sight because it was the small not really noticeable things that Yildun had to take notice of.

He didn’t say a word when he suddenly felt Koontz rushing away from his side. The sightless young male wheeled around with ears thrust forward, listening to her going after Vilocity. A growl actually escaped from him as he took a stiff step forward. He was on high alert, listening closely to every single sound of movement. Though he clearly had an absolute disadvantage, he wouldn’t hesitate to do whatever he had to do, even if it meant having to step up and assist Koontz as needed. It didn’t matter if the other female was or wasn’t bigger than him, he had a very legit advantage over her and that was his hearing.

171 Posts
Ooc —
It doesn't look like Vilocity's player intends to post again, so I'll wrap this up for us! Fun thread, y'all. ;)

Fortunately for all involved, Vilocity disappeared into the distance with nary another word. Koontz paced after her for about a quarter of a mile, ensuring that the large she-wolf left and stayed away. When she felt certain that the childish bitch was no longer any threat, she turned and loped back toward the borders.

Yildun still stood there, waiting patiently. "She's gone," she said. "Let's go back up to the plateau," she added in the next breath, nudging him and then brushing past him to lead the way. "Sorry about that. I won't put up with such disrespectful bullshit, especially where my pack mates are concerned. Obviously." The blind male could probably hear the tiny smirk in her voice when she said that.

Koontz fell silent then, putting thoughts of Vilocity behind her as they ascended the plateau together and then melted into the thick green woods.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »