Dragoncrest Cliffs I can see where we all soon will be
218 Posts
Ooc — gryff
Away
All Welcome 
The stone was nestled in a rabbit's pelt, assorted with herbs for healings and clearing the air that wrapped around the quartz pebble.

That's all it was.

A pebble.

A very powerful one, but it was just a stone! Another fucking mistake of his.

He really couldn't help but screw over his family, could he?

Stealing it had been bad enough. That Melonii wraith and her shadow had dogged him for days until he finally up and left Teekon. He had hoped that would be the end of it, but the Patriarch had all but fainted when he first saw him with it. A litany of lectures and purification rituals wasn't how he wanted to spend his first winter with the Circle.

He could feel the moment that he entered Teekon once more. He swallowed. He didn't want to be back here. But if it meant ensuring that for the rest of his life he would be unbothered by wraiths and nightmares and guilt...
My mind is clearer now...

...at last, all too well...
44 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
As Artax hop-skipped across the Teekon Wilds, he did take a moment here and there to sleep, believe it or not. He also ate. And pooped. You know, everyday normal wolf things. He occasionally reflected on his time here and how different he had been the last time he'd come to the Teekon Wilds. Back then, he had been deeply religious. Back then, he had thought that his every move was directed by Atka and Sos.

He had not completely forgotten his gods, but he did feel they had less power over him now. They were mere background figures that he occasionally consulted when he needed to. Now was not one of those times.

Jorma had been gnawing on a meaty bone scavenged from some long-gone creature when a bright red wolf entered his field of vision. Always up for company, he stood, grabbing the bone with the intention of using it as a peace offering. The guy looked... nervous.

Artax tossed the bone in his direction. You look like you could use something to take the edge off.
wrapping up threads
on account of being dead
218 Posts
Ooc — gryff
Away
He was not alone on the dunes, though the wolf that now accompanied him was not the one he sought. A relief in one manner, he supposed. She wouldn't be happy to see him, stone or not. 'm not sure that will be enough, he frowned. I'd probably need something stronger than that. he let out a dry chuckle, his mind wandering to poppy, then to his mother. No, he couldn't. He wouldn't become her.

44 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Well, that wasn't exactly a "thank you," and Artax was a little bit miffed by that. Well, next time I'll just keep it to myself if you're going be all ungrateful about it, he replied, clearly unimpressed by the red wolf's response. This was no whelp, but clearly his parents hadn't taught him any manners when he had been one. If you're not gonna use it, I'll take it back.

Jorma gave him a moment to give the bone back, letting the younger wolf decide if he wanted to apologize and keep it or get on with his day.
wrapping up threads
on account of being dead
218 Posts
Ooc — gryff
Away
Ganon scoffed, rolling his eyes. Didn't think you'd be so hung up over an old bone, he kicked the bone back, his mouth filled with the rabbit skin. I appreciate the gesture if that makes things up. Probably not, but that wouldn't be very surprising. Some people had weird tempers.

44 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Oh hell no. Artax was not about to be insulted by some weirdo carrying around a sack of who-knows-what. It doesn't, he said dryly, laying down with the bone as he began to gnaw on it, keeping his yellow eyes on the red wolf as he did so. That's right, ungrateful twerp, you are not gonna make Jorma leave where he wants to relax. Never mind the fact that the stranger had been here first. He'd insulted the Eyjolfur, and Artax would not be pushed away so easily.

He paused chewing the bone for a moment. So are you always like this, or are you exceptionally awful today?
wrapping up threads
on account of being dead
218 Posts
Ooc — gryff
Away
Ganon snorts gustily through his nose. Fair 'nuff, he shrugs. He really couldn't see why the male was so offended by such a meager gift being rejected. A nice bone fresh off a carcass with meat and blood still on it would have been better than the rotten remains that he had thrown towards the warlock. I have been more awful, He smirks through the makeshift bag's handles. Oh, he really could be. Though what vexes me this time around isn't your business, I'm afraid.

44 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Artax listened, but his focus was now on the bone. He repositioned it for a third time, turning it over so he could get at the end of it with his molars. The cronch cronch cronch! of it reverberated in his head. It was a pleasant feeling. He fully expected the red wolf to bugger off, but the Eyjolfur would do no such thing.
wrapping up threads
on account of being dead
218 Posts
Ooc — gryff
Away
Ganon was, like most other creatures, a self serving being. Despite the wrong foot that they had started on, he had somewhat expected a conversation to continue. Some sharp words being thrown back and forth. Instead, he found nothing but the sound of teeth on bone. The wolf was listening, sure, but there was nothing for Ganon to jump off of without sounding disgustingly petty. The red-streaked wolf snorted, taking his cue. 

He left, without another word.