Wapun Meadow The miles are getting longer, it seems.
333 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
Private for Scimitar! I don't know how to work the tag thingy, lol.

Although she was looking forward to her seemingly bright future, it pained Paarthurnax when thoughts of Swiftcurrent Creek crossed her mind. It was the wolves there who spurred her hesitance to leave with Shadow when first he suggested it during their trip to the coast, and it was for them that she felt the most guilt. She would miss Bazi most of all, despite her bad choices and stubbornness.

As she crossed into Wapun Meadow in pursuit of a tiny lame doe's tracks, she paused to gaze out from the brow of a hill across thee vast land before her. Swiftcurrent's namesake glistened bright silver when the morning sunlight reached its rippling surface just right, and she smiled sadly. She'd only been a member of the pack for a month, and yet she had so many memories there. Sinking to her belly in the grass, she gazed longingly at what was once her home, and relaxed beneath what was left of Summer's warm sun. Paar wondered how her former comrades were fairing and, lost in her flaring concern, decided that her potential prey could wait.
he came and stole the wild
1,016 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
His paws had trailed outside of the Creek lands more frequently after his fight with Bazi -- his thoughts would drift back to that moment again and again, wondering if he had handled it wrong. She had clearly been upset and in turn had sought him out.. and yet he had turned her away, determined not to coddle her this time for her mistakes had been grave.

And so he found himself in Wapun Meadow -- a place he visited rarely, though his eyes were keen on a potential hunt. The scent of prey was abundant in the air.. a reminder that the Creek was a sustainable home, despite Bazi's suggestion they leave it. Each morning now he would wake, almost expecting her to simply leave them behind and for him to deal with the mess she had created. He was relieved each time he caught a whiff of her scent.. but he was not ready to speak to her yet.

His eyes fell upon a delicate beauty that was unmistakable. Had Scimitar known the ivory queen's jealousy of the she-wolf and him, he would have scoffed. Perhaps, even amused, given his own jealousy for Shadow and Bazi. It was strange how life seemed to twist things around.

"Paarthurnax," he greeted hesitantly, keeping hiss distance from the she-wolf, though his large agouti frame did lumber slightly closer. His eyes swept over her -- she seemed in good health, though he did not expect otherwise. Now, an awkward silence lingered between them. Bazi's decision had not only shunned those she directed it to.. but others, including the female before him.
a crime so old as the sky and bone
333 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
So caught up in her whirlwind of thoughts and emotions, Paarthurnax remained entirely unaware of another's approach. Given the fragile state that young Bazi had been in during their final goodbye as pack-mates, she couldn't help but wonder if she had begun the healing process of still lingering on her mistakes. Her own heart still tightened as she remembered when last she saw the pale yearling, how they'd held onto each other while they dealt with their heartache in such different ways.

A familiar voice spoke her name, which at once drew the crimson beauty from her pondering. She jerked back to reality and tensed immediately, racking her memories to match that deep baritone to a face. Her first thought was of Viinturuth, her beloved big brother who'd hug her close when she'd been a tiny, fearful thing. She peered over a narrow shoulder, knowing that it could not be possible for her ebony sibling to have ventured so far North, and found herself blinking up at the face of her former Beta.

Paarthurnax pulled herself onto her paws, and turned to face the agouti male. He said nothing more and the silence hung awkwardly between them, rousing uncertainty and a bubble of fear in the pit of the medic's stomach. She looked down at Scimitar's paws, guilt present on her fine features, and she exhaled a breathy sigh. "I'm sorry, Scimitar," she said softly, "but I... Shadow... things happened far too fast."
1,016 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
He exhaled softly as she turned to look at him -- conflict of emotion painted itself upon her beautiful features, but even if they had still been pack mates, Scimitar likely would not have closed the distance to comfort her. Somehow, that would have felt a betrayal to Bazi, for he doubted her uncertainty would handle such a thought. Now he stood like a rock opposite of her -- once before, when discomforted by a stranger, he had stood beside her in camaraderie. She had also aided him upon entrance of the pack, and were it not for Paar, it was likely his infection would have either gotten much worse.. or lingered far longer.

"It's not you that should be apologizing," he uttered quietly, his tail giving a thoughtful sweep through the air. "I am sorry for the choice you had to make. For the way things turned out." There was a small pause as his eyes drifted to her cheek, his features set in a grim line. "I did not know what she had done before it was too late."
333 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
The bi-coloured beauty rolled a slim shoulder following Scimitar's unnecessary apology, and she lifted her bright eyes to seek his. She did relax somewhat, glad that he had not approached her to berate her for her choices, and it warmed her to know that she was not thought bitterly of for leaving Bazi when she seemed to need her pack-mates most. "I guess it doesn't matter," she said solemnly, it's too late. Her ears sank back against her lovely crown and her tail hung pitifully at her rear; Bazi's decision to remove Danica from the ranks had cost her dearly, she knew that now, but Shadow was too stubborn to return even if he'd been offered his position back.

"I can understand she may have felt..." how could she put it? "concerned, by Danica's admission. But she knows she made a mistake, and she might not be able to take it back." She was young. She was sensitive and fragile, a girl who'd been forced into adulthood far too quickly. Now, more than ever she required the support and guidance of those around her.
1,016 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Paar seemed so delicate in that very moment – almost as vulnerable as Bazi had been when she had approached him.. and then he had tore a strip off her verbally, instead.

“I fucked up, Paar,” he rumbled darkly, his eyes drifting away from her . Scimitar was a wolf who kept his thoughts and emotions in check most of the time – he did very little to share his feeling with others around them, if only because he was not close to anyone. Luka had once breached the wall he held in place.. and, of course, so had Bazi. “She came to me, upset.. vulnerable.” He sighed, unable to stop the words that flowed from his mouth now, despite the fact the two had only met a handful of times. “I told her off.”

His ears flattened now, his stony expression hardening as he glanced up to the bi-toned female. She could not fix his problem – only he could. But it felt relieving to express it.
333 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
Scimitar's toughened exterior slackened, and Paarthurnax looked upon him with solemn copper eyes. Her ears drooped and, resisting the urge to go to her former Beta to comfort him, she steeled herself to the one spot. Somehow it felt wrong to offer him her support, when she'd walked out of their pack in favour of Shadow and his many promises.

She believed in Shadow. She believed that he could deliver on his ambition to bring his pack to light, and she yearned to be strong for him. But she could not deny that she was aching for Swiftcurrent, and the friends she left behind. Paarthurnax loved Noctisardor Bypass with its glimmering streams, its rolling hills and vast woodland. It was a beautiful place, somewhere she could imagine rearing her offspring, somewhere she imagined she could live a long and happy life, but she did not have the closeness of a friend. She did not have Bazi.

"Maybe she needed that," the two-toned Frostfur said softly, regretfully. "A telling off, I mean. But now that she's had that, I think she'd benefit from a hug." Paar lifted her gaze then, meeting Scimitar's with a suggestive glint.
1,016 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
He only gave the hint of a nod to her words, thinking them over. It was a nice theory in thought, but in practice, it was likely Bazi would shun his touch or even his words. He was still convinced she had been on the verge of dismissing him from the pack as well – whatever path she was on, she needed to turn from it soon. Or, perhaps, she had seen the error of what she had done with Danica, and in turn, had simply misplaced her path and would now be on track once more.

Shadow, however, was not a soul that was truly missed. The male’s face had usually been contorted with either a smirk or a sneer, and while he had been helpful in some ways, his sarcasm had usually got the better of him. “Paar..” He began then, frowning once more as he glanced sharply up at the female. He was certainly not one to be giving advice on relationships – but he also wouldn’t turn a blind eye now. “He’s going to do nothing but hurt you in the end.” There was another pause then, his paws shifting. “Come home.”
333 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
On her first encounter with Shadow, he'd been... touchy. He'd apologised profusely, over and over, out of what she assumed was regret for mistaking her for someone else, but it was something that did concern her. Since then, the ashen male had been nothing but patient and affectionate with her, and she could not understand why Scimitar thought otherwise. His determined statement that Shadow would hurt her in the end left her curious as to what her beau had done to make the agouti Beta think so sourly of him. She wondered if maybe he'd adopted Bazi's dislike of him over the Danica situation, or if there was something more sinister that she didn't now about.

And she did not want to know. Paarthurnax was an adult who could make her own decisions, and she could learn from her own mistakes. Leaving Swiftcurrent Creek certainly felt like one... but choosing Shadow? She frowned sadly up at her former leader, pain evident on her features not only for his rejection of the choice she'd made, but for her own regret at having to turn him down. "Swiftcurrent will always be a home to me," she said with solemn smile, "but I hope you're wrong about him, Scimitar." It was true that she did not know him as well as she'd like, but she had to give him a chance.
1,016 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
She was determined to stay with him – the sardonic shit who did nothing but smirk at everything and offer anyone nothing but sarcasm. It had been this that had earned his banishment in the end – though he was uncertain of how the male seen that. He also was unsure of the two’s intentions – it was likely they would begin a pack, as they were courting. It was the more natural course to take for their kind .. though unfortunately, for Shadow, arrogance did not an Alpha make.

“For your happiness, I hope I am too,” he allowed, allowing a small chuff to escape him as he withheld a sigh. Drawing his figure up slightly, his eyes drifted from Paarthurnax and to the distance, knowing he shouldn’t remain for too long. He didn’t quite want Shadow to seek her out and find her in the middle of discussion with him – it wasn’t likely either male would take it well. “You’ll always have a home with us if you choose to leave,” he offered then, completely certain Bazi would second this sentiment. Of course.. that depended on what mischief Shadow chose to wreak – and in turn, Paar, by association. She had, after all, made her choice, and if something happened, she would also be accountable for it. The thought withdrew him – the friendship that had been extended might not last forever, if only because of this. “But so that we’re clear – it was Shadow’s consistently poor attitude and arrogance that finally had Bazi withdraw his home. I’m not sure what his plans are – but if it involves the Creek in any way that will harm our members.. it will be retaliated.” There was a small pause as his aqua eyes searched her face, hoping it would never come to this. The silver male had seen how the Creek had enforced their terrain against the Sunspire – surely he would not be so foolish as to provoke anything from them as well in his new start. “I hope it does not come down to that.”
333 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
She felt a little lighter then, as Scimitar expressed the hopes he shared with her. Her gaze softened somewhat, and she looked at him with gratitude present in her smile; it felt wonderful to know that she was not resented for leaving Swiftcurrent. And even better, the open invitation to return if things did not work out, made her feel a million times better. "It means the world to hear you say that," she said, emotion heavy in her voice, though silence gripped her once more at what the teal-eyed Beta had to say next.

As far as she was concerned, it had been Shadow's defense of Danica that had ultimately cut short his place in Swiftcurrent Creek. She blinked then, confused and uncertain, as she had not been there to judge the situation between Shadow and Bazi. But they had both admitted that there had been some level of insubordination involved, and Bazi herself had come clean for her mistakes. The idea of her beau or the others of Noctisardor causing anything to stir up trouble against Swiftcurrent left a sickly feeling in the pit of her stomach, and Paarthurnax shook her head.

"If Shadow did anything to harm anyone, anywhere, that was not called for..." she could not believe that he would act so foolishly by provoking their former Alpha or packmates, but of course she knew the possibility was always there. "I would not stand for it. I would not hesitate to go. I fully intend to remain on peaceful and friendly terms with Swiftcurrent, I'm sure he will respect my wishes. You're my family. Even though I'm not there physically, a part of my heart will always belong to the Creek."
1,016 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
The cinnamon male regarded her quietly as she spoke, an insistence seemingly gracing her present mind that she would do everything in her power to see nothing of the sort came to fruition – this, of course, was something he doubted entirely and he offered a small, sad smile. It was not that he doubted Paarthurnax’s heart, nor her belief of her words – simply that she would be too enthralled by the man to see the faults. Had he been privy to the future, he would be able to note the chaos would begin as Shadow went through the Rising Sun Valley, slandering the name of the Creek wolves and causing disrupt among their members before they even had a chance to settle.

As of present, he truly held no ill will to the man – and he especially wanted nothing but the best for Paar, and so with a humbled acceptance, the agouti male prowled forward then, choosing to see her off properly. With the tip of his muzzle, Scim made to touch his nose gently to her cheek – a gesture he would reserve only for pack mates or true companions. “I hope nothing but the best for you Paar,” he offered then, pulling back and allowing his tail to give a gentle sway through the cooling air. “Thank you for everything you’ve done for the Creek.”
333 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
Scimitar did not respond to her at once, instead simply looked at her with a solemn smile. Did he doubt her? Irritation began bubbling within her breast, but it disappeared almost as soon as it was roused. Of course he did. Heck, she even doubted herself. Paarthurnax' decision to follow Shadow had been made entirely with her heart, not with her head. She didn't know him as well as she wanted to, yet she made herself so devoted to him already, breaking the vow she'd made herself in the beginning not to rush into anything. She'd failed herself. She'd failed the Creek. But she did not want to fail Shadow.

Tears pricked the corners of her copper eyes, and she ducked her muzzle somewhat in attempt to hide them from Scimitar. It was then that he strode forward, closing the distance between them to gently touch her muzzle to her cheek. Paarthurnax did not bother to stifle to sob that racked her small frame, and a hot tear trailed the length of her pale cheek. "Thank you for letting me be a part of it. I will miss you all," she whispered, blinking up to seek his gaze. "Now go find Bazi, and be the rock she needs you to be."
1,016 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
He did not wish to see her cry – yet there it was. The tear slid down her cheek, a sentiment worth more than words then the turmoil she spoke of. He would not hold her decision against her, but he held his tongue against his better judgment. The silver male was a ticking time bomb, and he feared she would be at his side the moment he finally blew – he only hoped she managed to come to her senses before it was too late.

With an ushered sigh, he did not make to touch the tears that trailed down her cheek – such a touch seemed far too intimate for him, and these touches were reserved for one female alone now, despite the brinking gap that needed to be closed between them. “Take care, Paar,” he offered then, his features solemn as he pulled away then.

He did not wait for further words – the goodbye was simply stated, but it weighed heavily on him. Somehow, he felt as if he was sending her to her death. Shaking the morbid thought form his mind, the agouti male began to move towards home – he would need to seek Bazi out and settle the dust between them.
333 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
He did not move to comfort her, but Paar barely noticed. She simply looked past her tears up at Scimitar's aquamarine eyes, fully aware that this encounter with him could very possibly be their last. She loved him dearly as a friend and although the crimson Frostfur wished to maintain peaceful relationships with the wolves of Swiftcurrent, and although he wished her well, she couldn't help but wonder if Shadow would continue to hold his grudge.

"Goodbye, Scimitar," Paarthurnax said, and even managed a small smile as her former leader turned toward his home. She watched him quietly for several moments before she too moved away, rose a forelimb to swipe away her tears, and began her journey back to Shadow. The doe she'd followed there went completely forgotten.