cooking up a dream
marrow of the spirit
1,313 Posts
Ooc — Ku
But hey, it still counts as a gamekeeping thread, so we have that going for us! :P

In time, the herd turned itself towards the interior of their basin-dwelling home, and Mordecai allowed them to run deeper in. His slowed steps were soon joined by Cara, who acknowledged him once they had cleared the collective breadth of the ungulates. Her offer of telling him that he had done well tempted him to ignore her, but instead he offered a wordless acceptance in the form of a nod. She had done well herself, and he hoped his lack of ire in her direction would affirm that for her. Though young, she was certainly learning in the ways that he had, through trial and error.

Still, he allowed himself very little time to rest as he turned his head back towards the pass that lingered behind them distantly. There was still the matter of that, but he debated whether or not they could do anything to dissuade the herd from returning to it later. It was narrow, but their passing through it would slow them down if they came back to it — at best Mordecai thought they could have been able to do something to slow them down further. Turning his attention back to Cara, the older wolf made his way over to her then. “We should go and check out where they keep coming and going from. What do you know about that narrow pass back a ways?” He gestured loosely over his shoulder.
[Image: warrior_master.gif] [Image: gamekeeper_master.gif]
β™›queen of disaster β™›
454 Posts
Ooc — Mini (Marie)
yeah :B haha it's still a win
wanna wrap this and get a new one?? ;) we need one

Though she didn't receive a verbal response, she knew the feeling of pride towards their work was reciprocal. She answered his nod with a wave of her tail, since her lungs refused to gather enough oxygen for a soft snort. The herd was still moving away, spreading through the rich basins of the Spine - right where they needed them.

Suddenly he began to walk towards her, reeling her fleeting mind back into the ground. She turned to meet him, her eyes following his directions onto the narrow passage between the crescent blades of the Spine.

"Let's go find out" she barked, with a quick flick of her ear, aside from being the place the elk had sprouted from she didn't know anything about it.

marrow of the spirit
1,313 Posts
Ooc — Ku
Sounds good to me. I'll start the next thread since I believe you started our last one-on-one. ;D If you aren't OK with the fading on this, let me know and I'll rewrite~

It seemed she also knew very little of it. Mordecai tried to avoid the feeling of disdain over that, feeling that her over-lording personality would have implied that she knew (or thought she knew) everything. But he agreed to the prospect of exploring it and turned away from her and towards it. This time, the tawny Ostrega opted to take the lead. Partially out of his lack of deference towards her, but also because he had suggested it. It only seemed fitting to him that he took up the second half of their objective. And with that, the hunting pair made their way to the narrow, rocky pass that had long remained out of their attention.
[Image: warrior_master.gif] [Image: gamekeeper_master.gif]