Ouroboros Spine [Moose Herding Quest?]
Why should I apologize for the monster I've become? No one ever apologized for making me this way.
361 Posts
Ooc — Danni

Sitri felt the air leave his lungs at her full on tackle and her teeth connected with his neck. As her eyes met his, he narrowed his on a snarl. Years of bottled up aggression and hatred reaching out to ensnare her in the brief moment that red touched green.

Her blow would have been a death blow, if Mordecai had not stepped in again. She did get a sizable chunk out of his neck though and he growled harder as the pain finally met his senses. Pushing it down after years of practice was easy enough though and he turned to go after her again. Only to have teeth almost graze Mordecai. Damnit Mordecai let one of us die or you are going to get hurt. He did not wish to hurt his friend, but if he had to go through him to get to her, he would do so.

He wanted to finish this and they were both close to death anyway from blood loss, so why not go all out. If he was going to die, well then he wanted to take as much of her with him as he could.
marrow of the spirit
1,313 Posts
Ooc — Ku
4 -- I've been interrupted no less than six times writing this, so if Mordecai's action towards Ptarmigan isn't clear, he's trying to pin her down basically. I CHANNELS MY RAGE AT BEING LAID OFF RIGHT NOW

Somewhere in the fray, he felt the splattered of warm blood at either side. The owners of said blood, he couldn't have said, but scarcely thought that any of it was his own. He broke away from them as they snapped but turned, jaws reaching back out to snap back at non-verbal retort of his own. But this time, Mordecai stayed out of the fray. Both of them were bleeding profusely on their own and he realized, perhaps with some final futility, that he alone could not separate them from doling out justice.

Though he wanted to turn tail from their fight, he also felt he couldn't. Which left options that Mordecai didn't want to have anything to deal with. The fight in front of him forced his hand though and consequences be damned, he absently felt himself heading back into the fray. Only this time he went for Ptarmigan, hoping to take her down and give Sitri the opportunity to flee once more, if he had the sense. Her lower frame caused him to sink towards the terrain in a fleeting attempt to bowl her over and keep her there, a dangerous display of dominance that would turn against him in time.
[Image: warrior_master.gif] [Image: gamekeeper_master.gif]
188 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Mordecai momentarily stepped back, leaving Ptarmigan to turn back and finish the job. Sitri's dath came at his own beckoning, and though it would be swift, it was only out of necessity. To see him suffer would have eased all her rage.

But before she could take two steps, the Ostrega had bowled her over. She yelped and snapped at his face, writhing madly beneath him and hissing in her rage. “Get off me, you idiot,” she screeched at him, and if he listened closely, he might detect a trill of panic in her voice, for she had seen the glint in Sitri's eye, and she knew one of them would not survive this.

Mordecai, whatever his intentions might have been, was assuring that that someone would be her. She bucked wildly beneath his weight, frantically trying to free herself, but he was much too heavy.
Why should I apologize for the monster I've become? No one ever apologized for making me this way.
361 Posts
Ooc — Danni
I can change this but I took your comment via pm chelsie to mean it was ok.

Sitri was so full of his own rage there was not much firing in his sluggish brain at the moment. All he saw was a means to end the torment that years of slavery and abuse had worked on his mind. Darting forward and around he went straight for Ptarmigan's throat and with a swift crunch of his jaws he ended her reign.

LIfting muzzle to the sky he howled out to @Cara and @Kaname it was done then he backed up panting. Blood and spit and fur and dust churned at his paws. He was tired and weak but he kept his feet.
"Just because something isn't a lie does not mean that it isn't deceptive. A liar knows that he is a liar, but one who speaks mere portions of truth in order to deceive is a craftsman of destruction."
485 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
OMFG Guys Wtf happened. Chelsie that's the second character in the last 3 months. And in the same position no less. D:

His body stiffened at Sitri's ragged howl. Could it be? His body turned towards the direction of Sitri's howl and he raced towards the brown brute, thoughts and questions racing through his head. A mixture of excitement and dread filled his chest as he smelled blood. Lots of blood.

The assassin hissed in surprise, more at Mordecai and especially Sitri's wounds. They no longer had a healer, Tyrande had disappeared yet again and Lecter was dead. Sitri's healing would take a while, if it occurred at all. "What the hell happened?"
marrow of the spirit
1,313 Posts
Ooc — Ku
Poor Ptarmigan. :C Also rolling with what I said would happened if this came up: 1 (Also I had to adjust this post mid-writing because my phone went off with your reply, Alisha. XD)

It happened too quickly for him to either prevent or stop. While he tried to keep Ptarmigan under control, Sitri swept in beside him for the final blow. Mordecai felt frozen in that last moment struggle, unable to respond before he felt the very spirit ebb from Ptarmigan's thrashing beneath him. Even before he felt that sensation pass did he feel another one rise to life inside him, and the call that came from Sitri shook him to his foundation.

He moved swiftly and sharp, fangs out as he went to pull Sitri down just as he had done Ptarmigan. Not to kill him, but to make him submit. For as battled as the quarreling pair was, Mordecai had come out relatively unscathed. What he didn't see was Kaname arriving on that scene as he launched himself at Sitri, but at that point Mordecai didn't care. Sitri had thrown away everything about what he had been trying to prevent.
188 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
An indescribable terror gripped her in those moments between life and death, for as surely as she knew she couldn't lift Mordecai off her, she knew what Sitri was about to do. She was powerless to stop it, and perhaps that was the worse thing. She had come into this encounter doing nothing more than offering help—albeit in a cold way—and, despite doing nothing to provoke him, this beast bathed the stones in her blood.

She choked on it for a moment, felt it bubble up through the remains of her throat and fill her mouth. She tried to retch and cough and clear her lungs, but there was no escape from the sensation of drowning, and wide-eyed she thrashed below Mordecai. It took only seconds for her to bleed out, but the last thing she did, though she was hardly conscious enough to realize it, was to glare accusingly at the Ostrega. That expression would become frozen on her face even as every muscle, including her fluttering heart, went limp.

He had held her down. He had murdered her.
361 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Sitri watched as her life left her body, it was no new sight to him. He just stood still and quietly while she died, his face an emotionless mask. His blood fell from his throat in steady drips, as red painted the stones. His paws were becoming saturated in it, and he was beginning to feel faint. Kaname arrived and just as Sitri began to speak out ot him, to answer his question.

The ostrega turned on him in a moment of betrayal and ran straight for him. Teeth clicking together tight as he hit his knees then his side and he lay to the ground panting and slowly losing what consciousness he had. He stared at Mordecai for a moment in irritation and surprise, but all too soon the world around his eyes went black and he faded into unconscious bliss. It would be up to them to save him now and if they didn't well then he would just join the female in death's throes.
62 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Dropping this here so Viggo knows she's dead and whatnot. Only post. :3

Viggo arrived to watch Sitri skitter off and watch Ptarmigan take her last breath. He stood, shellshocked, watching. How could this be? His ears rang and his heart sank. Viggo had spent the last months of his life attached to her, and now, just like that, she was gone. The pale Ostrega blinked, eyes glazed in disbelief. He could not comprehend any of it, not now. Dazed, lost, and utterly broken, Viggo turned away from the scene just as quickly as he had arrived.
β™›queen of disaster β™›
454 Posts
Ooc — Mini (Marie)
sorry for the late reply :o
*edit* because I misunderstood somethings heh

Ptarmigan's death was in the female's plans, one way or another the girl had determined that the reign of terror the upsurper had created would have to come to an end-- whether it was by her own strenght or by accepting Kaname's previous proposition, Cara had alredy decided that the bitch would die.

So the sight of the bleeding body sputtering blood as a final gasp was released wasn't surprising for her. Though, truthfully she would've liked to be the cause of the look of terror in her eyes, she was content to see the faintest light in her eyes fade away. What was shocking, however, was to see Sitri standing over her, his pelt matted and bloodied.

Kaname was also arriving at the scene, along witht the remaining peon the bitch had brought along. Immidiately after laying eyes on the minion, the pale yearling curled her lips into a mocking smile, that she really didn't care if he saw or not as he fled like the bitch he was with his tail tucked between his thighs.

Still not being able to identify what exactly had happened she trotted to stand next to Kaname, but before she could, the bloodied brute (who seemed to be the author of the murder) stumbled away only to be failintercepted by Mordecai.Thinking that the brawl had direclty included Mordecai as well, and that he was in fact avenging the bitch's death the yearling jumped up; the fur along her vertebrea standing on end as she shouted madly, "Leave him!" she commanded, immediately taking over the situation, as it was only natural in her mind to do so.

Sitri would not die, not unless she could prevent it.
Then,unconciously imitating Mordecai's role in the previous fight, she placed herself between the fallen male and the Ostrega, her eyes warning him to stay back."Get a healer", she barked them, her eyes unable to hide the sudden worry broiling beneath the iris. She knew they had no healer and that every pack in it's right mind would refuse to help an enemy, but they had to try.

Casting a last, anxious glance at the men standing around her, she crouched to tend Sitri's wounds, though it was something that might've taken them by surprise, the seemingly heartless female began clean his wounds with feverish swipes of her tongue.

marrow of the spirit
1,313 Posts
Ooc — Ku
I think it's my turn to post... and if this seems distracted I apologize but there are no less than eight cop cars on my street surrounding a house right now. o_o I have no idea what's going on.

In spite of his attempt to close that gap, Sitri went down well before Mordecai had gotten there. And right behind his drop came the commotion of the rest of their convoluted leadership. Kaname's words fell on deaf ears as Mordecai steered closed of Sitri's fallen form, aware of the deep crimson eyes that stayed with him briefly. Somewhere on the outskirts of their conflict, another body came and went, though Mordecai did not ascertain who it belonged to. As the scarred canine delved into unconsciousness, Mordecai's outlet of anger shifted at Cara's sharp command. Her appearance into the immediate scene provoked him to react with aggression; his lips pulled back over his teeth, and he coiled his tail swiftly towards the sky. He didn't want her interference in this, but Sitri had ultimately forced his hand.

“From where?” he growled. The Spine had no healers that Mordecai was aware of, and he certainly wasn't one to go about fixing others. Instead he found himself taking steps closer to them both, wanting nothing more in his state to put the bleeding wolf out of his misery. Not one to be bossed around, he had full disregard for her and Kaname both, and said as much in the pointed glance he gave to the male Beta. “You know he won't live, so why let him suffer?” For whatever reason he could reckon with, he felt Kaname would understand his implications.
"Just because something isn't a lie does not mean that it isn't deceptive. A liar knows that he is a liar, but one who speaks mere portions of truth in order to deceive is a craftsman of destruction."
485 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Here I am....late as always.. > - >

"There's Meldresi." He said, fixing his gaze on Mordecai, slightly perturbed by his glare. "Her new pack is nearby. I can ask her, or force her." He kept his frozen gaze on Mordecai, countering his plea with his own. "We should give him a chance before we decide to end his misery."

β™›queen of disaster β™›
454 Posts
Ooc — Mini (Marie)

The Ostrega remained glued to the ground, his lips curling back menacingly.
This however did not stop the pale yearling from returning the gesture; though she was notably smaller than the male, she did not hesitate to jump forward with her own tail raised in dominance.

"He will live, and you both will help him" she barked while snapping her teeth around as if she were chomping down the air around Mordecai's face. Cara would fight until Sitri's last breath, because now more than a subordinate or an ally he was a friend. He had also been there since the start -- even before she had appeared into Silvertip, Sirti had already sworn his heart to Jinx.

It was then that Kaname voiced an idea.
At least he was being helpful -- as always. Though Cara would've preferred to not see the traitor again, she knew Sitri's life was riding on this decision. She would not let her pride get in the way, not this time.

"Do it" she barked, with a pained look in her eyes. She trusted Kaname with her life -- and now with Sitri's too. As she waited for him to take off, her head swung to Mordecai. Her were eyes still burning through his face though no more growls were issued."Are you gonna be of use?" she barked , it was her way of asking for his help without begging for his aid. (as bad as she needed it).

The smell of blood was sickening, and though she tried to look calm she could not keep her eyes from revealing her worry. Please, they whispered as she blinked at the Ostrega.

marrow of the spirit
1,313 Posts
Ooc — Ku
S'all good, Alisha. If you're busy, you're busy! <3

He saw Kaname's plea as more of a deference than anything, though the note about Meldresi piqued his interest through his anger. He had been aware that the raven-haired wolf had left them, but it seemed that she had gone somewhere known. That sparked an anger in him that became mere gasoline on an already rolling fire. A fiery anger that guided itself to the smart mouth of the pale creature in front of him. Her snaps near him was enough for him to tear his gaze from Kaname, and as Mordecai brought his gaze to hers, he saw the smoldering ire encased in amber. It seemed she wanted to be the one to determine Sitri's fate, which was something Mordecai did not agree with him. His lips curled back to once more reveal his teeth, daring her to do more than snap at him with her own.

But in time, that silent snarl turned into a sneer unbecoming of him. He saw through her posturing to the unspoken plea. The last thing on his mind was being cooperative with her, as she had made her mind up about where his priorities seemed to lie. “I think you already know the answer to that. Don't think you're in a position to be telling me what to do.” A low growl accompanied his statement; he made his bold stand against her for better or worse. His challenge came in less words than the one she had received before, and in turn he steeled himself for whatever the outcome would turn to be, for better or for worse.
361 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Sitri heard the growls and saw the teeth snapping as he woke up and he stood quickly on shaking limbs with blood coursing down his throat and into his mahoghany fur. It took all his strength and the last few shots of adrenaline, to stand there. He was spent and aching and he would die soon if he didn't get help. He stepped in front of Cara, his red eyes flashing fire and death. I told you i'd kill her Mordecai I meant it. You don't mess with a beast and not expect to get bitten. And I'll do the same to you or at least take some of you with me if you come near me. I'll fight until my last breath. I counted you a friend, but clearly Sitri was wrong.

Then Sitri limping and half dead turned and walked towards the borders. He stumbled a few times, but he'd make it to the borders and then Meldresi or he'd die trying.
β™›queen of disaster β™›
454 Posts
Ooc — Mini (Marie)

Without turning to look if Kaname had already disappeared or not, Cara swung her head to the injured male again.His breath was shaky, but at least he was still breathing. Then Mordecai's own snarls caused her tu turn back. The stubborn Ostrega continued to defy her commands, even with the life of his own packmate at stake.

A throaty snarl bubbled from her chest as she jumped up again, her mouth aiming to nip at the side of his face. "I'm more entitled to do so than anyone else -- if you're not going to do it for me at least do it for him, you ass!" she growled while preparing to dive for the man's feet to unstabilize him. She was a avid wolf, but this time, before she could make her move Sitri's own body blocked her out. Cara's growls ceased as she watched the injured male stand between them.

She expected Mordecai to lunge for him, in order to perform the so called act of mercy he had spoken about. Instead it was Sitri who attacked, not with claws or teeth but with words. Then as if his work was done he began to limp away.

"Sitri wait!" she called after him, though his intentions were to get to the medic by himself she knew that walking in his state could be fatal. Blood loss was the greatest of his problems now.

While she might've wanted to trail after Sitri, she remained planted to the spot; her head slowly turning to face the swarthy Ostrega again.

marrow of the spirit
1,313 Posts
Ooc — Ku
Kaname's suggestion of getting Meldresi caught Mordecai off guard. He knew that she had done some dabbling as an apothecary, but the whereabouts of where she had gone after leaving the Spine had remained a mystery to him. She had been a fine hunter at his side a time or two in recent history, and to know that she had gone off to found her own pack in the not so unknown surroundings bothered him. He digressed with the stray revelation as Cara came forward, jaws snapping in his direction, but it did not, however, provoke an overly negative response. In fact, there wasn't enough time for it.

Midst their bickering, Sitri had began to rise to his feet, and the very action made Mordecai doubt if he had ever been unconscious at all. Collapsed and pitifully weak, maybe, but perhaps not all the way gone. The anger that exuded from his bloodied figure tempted him to back away, but he held his ground with another flash of teeth. Outnumbered, he knew better than to exact his anger out on the already weak wolf, and ultimately perhaps reasoned with himself another death was the last thing that they needed.

As Sitri hobbled off for the cover of foliage, Mordecai watched him go, and huffed to himself. When he felt Cara's gaze focus in on him, he met it once more. “Aren't you going to go after him? You're the one who wants him alive.” And somewhere in his tone, he found the calmness that had been trying to elude him. Having made it clear that he was going to be of no use, he was tiring of the situation, and of the empty gestures he found his so-called leader making.
485 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Kaname sat on the sidelines as Cara and Mordecai snapped at each other, both verbally and literally. Meanwhile Sitri limped away to the border, to die alone it seemed. The assassin stepped out to follow him, but paused before continuing. His pale eyes turned back to the two who were glaring at each other. "If you two will excuse me," he said with disdain at their bickering, more towards Mordecai than his Frost Queen. "I will go get Meldresi. Despite what you think, Mordecai, I will give him a fighting chance before I just give up." he hissed before turning towards the border and running off.

Exit
marrow of the spirit
1,313 Posts
Ooc — Ku
Scribbling in a narrative fade out to this with permission. :)

Kaname's words punctuated the beat of silence that fell between them, leaving Mordecai to eye him with contempt of his own. Hearing Meldresi's name tossed around again brought a troublesome note forward, but he supposed he could have hardly blamed her for getting out. Mordecai offered him no parting words, but then again, Cara would offered him none either. She had taken off after Kaname, something he didn't even realize until he saw her silvery and cream form bounding into the cover of foliage behind Kaname's dark body.

Huffing to himself, Mordecai chose to go the opposite way. But he found himself stopped then, as his eyes roamed over the body of Ptarmigan. That was enough to suck some of the anger out of him, however feebly it seemed. It was then and there that he made the decision not to entirely go away from all of them, but rather attend to the dead that had been left behind. Mordecai went through the tedious task of moving her body to somewhere else likely to be disrupted, and buried her. He used nothing to mark where she was interred, if only because he knew that it would be torn apart anyway. He figured any attempt of making a shallow grave would have been disrupted, but perhaps not.

And by the time he had finished, relevations had come to him, and night had fallen across the Spine.