are established internal territories considered fair game for future packs?
472 Posts
Ooc — anonymous
title is fairly self-explanatory, but to elaborate:

say someone wants to make a new pack in blackfeather woods or northstar vale, territories that have seen quite a bit of use by previous packs -- what is expected from the new pack regarding the original/old pack's internal territories? it's been established that new packs have the freedom to add new internal territories, but as far as i know there's no official protocol for those who prefer the path of keeping continuity (aka re-using internal territories). it's usually polite to ask permission from creators to use their creations, but what if the creator of a former pack's internal territories is no longer on wolf or able to be contacted, or if the creator is unclear/multiple people?

basically what i'm asking is whether internal territories that have been established and referenced in-game are considered the property of the original creator/pack in the territory (and therefore unavailable for reference/use without permission), or if they're seen as belonging to the community? specific names and written descriptions not included; only the landmarks themselves.
265 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Oops, sorry for the delay on this!

Subterritories created for pack territories become part of the game's canon, so they can absolutely be reused for new packs settling the same territory! However, I wouldn't reuse the same names unless your character has a reason ICly to know them, e.g. a former inhabitant!

1 / 3 THREADS · PLAYER INFORMATION