Dripping Daggers
The Nightmare King
186 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
@Keith

Slade had adored this place, feeling the omnipresent stares of non existing creatures, the gut bound feel of dread just from stepping so close to the shadowed lands..it was amazing. This made the ebony sheathed king proud to be one with such an inhabitanting pack. Surely, their land choice was a reflection of who they represented, was it not?

His thoughts drifted back to the beautiful woman who pick the shadow entrenched forest. Meldresi. Her name spoke of volumes, and Slade let them buffet his mind. It was elaborate on the tongue, a haunting melody that sang of arcane arts. Something he knew, all too well.

Sitting in the thorny brambles of a dying rose bush, the man welcomed the feel of the sharp pricks of thorns attempting to pierce his flesh, but never the less failing, for his midnight furred armor reigned too thick for little things like that. With fire blazing irises, he slowly admired a baby ferret being harassed by a crow, the scavenger pecking constantly at the weak little babe's head, until its whimpering sqeaks were silenced, adding to the natural omniscient feel of the entrancing forest.
402 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
There was a new member in Blackfeather. Meldresi hadn't been extensive when she told him about what happened, but she mentioned that he was a promising creature. Bane hadn't met the newcomer yet, but being a territorial wolf, he wanted to see where they stood with each other.

He was walking towards the caverns that served him as a den right in the heart of the dark forest, but he caught a strong scent that said 'STRANGER' midway, so redirected his route right towards it.

Slade was a big male coated in black, just like Meldresi, and his body was muscular pointing out that he wasn't someone to mess with. But Bane had been around longer, so he felt confident enough to present himself with his tail held high above the black beast's. He was looking at a crow up in the trees that was cracking a weakling open, and his pale yellow showed the enjoyment with which he admired the scene, a sadist.

This place is dangerous. I like it. the silver youth said with confidence.
The Nightmare King
186 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
At the voice of the new company, Slade cast a look to his left, taking in the sight of the younger, though bodily matured man. The sleek yet powdery sheen of his thick ivory coat, and the position of his highly held banner, but it was not higher than that of the stunning Alphess.
Second in command, maybe, his conscious snaped to his attention. With a confirmational nod, the dark king agreed, his deep octaves slipping effortlessly to the pale warrior.

"I agree. The permanent permeation of perpetual shadow. The feel of unkind and uncaring stares. The death, it is a beautiful land of despair."

With a fire encircled gaze, the black wolf stood, and dipped his head to the snow sheathed lupine.

"I am Slade. New to BlackFeather. And hopefully, if pleasing to the Mistress, permanent. "
402 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
About his position in Balckfeather, the shadow beast was right, Bane was by far the most active member of the pack even though he was injured, but he was far from being in command though, that was all Meldresi's thing, he was more of a land keeper instead, making sure scavengers stayed out of their brand new home.

Hmm... yeah... I guess... he said in agreement but not completely sure of having understood the riddle Slade had just recited. Welcome, Slade. You seem tough, I'm sure Meldresi will put you to good use. He barked without giving his own name in return. MoonBane wasn't a name he liked, that was the alias he was given in The North and it wasn't exactly a compliment, and Keith wasn't his name either, so he was unsure about his identity.

For now, he was pleased that the newcomer had acknowledged his higher position, and would make sure it kept that way. How? He didn't know yet, but it had to be that way, he deserved it, or at least that's what he thought.
The Nightmare King
186 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
The pitch black hessian noted how the pale male didn't return the courtesy of retaliation of introduction with another introduction. He would find out, later.
Have it your way, nameless spirit.

Slade heard as the company couldn't decifer what he had spoken on the forests enchanting chaos, either that, or he had no intrest in matters of poetry. How unfortunate. Though he did elaborate on the name of the Shadow Queen, and his ears perked at the mention.
She had spoken about him? He must have made an impact.

Regally, he replied,
"Thanks for the welcome. I do have plans for many of things for improvement in BlackFeather. Much includes defensive and offensive tactics for warriors and wardens. Others, for botany and religious manifests. More for those who desire hunting strategies. "

With a smirk upon his wretched lips, he spoke again.

"I have many tricks under my sleeve."
402 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Bane noticed how the shadow male's attention increased at the mention of Meldresi, and he observed with leery eyes as Slade spoke. His words gave Bane the feeling that the older male wanted to take over the pack and perhaps step over the priestess, but at the mention of the word "warrior" his ears perked instantly, and his face tilted slightly to the left.

You train warriors? he asked with interest. As Keith he had been trained by his father back in The North towards the warrior trade, but his lessons weren't concluded before he was kicked out.
The young savage had a deep passion for blood and battles, and so far he had done it without the proper preparation, so, how would it be if he knew the techniques?
The Nightmare King
186 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
The pale man seemed to narrow his bright orbs, only to widen them at the mention of 'warriors'.
Must be one to take to bloodshed, the dark lupine mentally added.
A weakness. A flaw. One thing even he, himself, owns. A sin.

"Yes, I train warriors. A specialty of mine. "

His bulk had come from his workouts, amd he had no problem with sharing. A swift up down of the white hessian assured him he could handle it.
Hopefully.

With a inquisitive voice, Slade spoke to his packmate, raising a obsidian brow.

"Were you intrested? "
402 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
The pale youngster lashed his tail to a side when the dark male confirmed his doubts. But still he didn't have an actual proof of his abilities, yes, Slade was big and scary, but how did that ensure that he was a skilled warrior? He'd have to see for himself.

Show me... He barked in a tone that indicated both teasing and demand, he was indeed interested in having some coaching to improve his skills, but he wouldn't simply take it from anyone.
The Nightmare King
186 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
As swiftly as the word 'swift' left the maw of the snow sheathed Lambda, Slade was gone. The large bulked man had been upon his fours within miliseconds, and spirinted to the far end of the well worn trail. Keeping the white man in his sight, the dark lupine pivoted, as agile as a gazelle, and sprinted with a the same unbroken speed in the opposite direction, kicking up falled leaves, and decayed bushes that littered the forest floor.
As he pivoted for the second time, and dashed back to stand calmly in front of the white warrior, calmly, with not a single black hair out of place. Slade stood there only a second more, a smirk flashing to his ivories.
It was then, that he leapt over the smaller male, with an ease, that to untrained eyes, could have suggested that he could fly.
Only a short leap, though high, his dagger sheathed obsidian claws latched firmly to the bark of a dead elm tree, and with the smoothness of a cougar, he climbed up the thick trunk, and resided on the barely leaved husk.
The moment he heard a crack in the breaking log, he leapt, forepaws first, and landed, as silent as death itself, and with his back turned to the company, he sat, not uttering a pant of exhaustion.
Slade wasn't even exhausted.

Calmly, he spoke,

"That was just a simple run of agility. Combat, that is something you might have to learn, paw to paw, with me. "

Volcanic irises stared ahead, awaiting the wolf's verdict.
402 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
I don't know if I misread your post but characters here at wolf shouldn't have any unnatural abilities... I don't think your post is wrong but you should still bear that in mind... Just a heads up ;)

Keith watched silently as the shadow ran away and back to him, the speed at which he did it was impressive, yet the pale youth couldn't resist but lift an eyebrow in confusion. Was that being a warrior? Maybe not knowing this meant he was far from being a well trained brawler, but so far it seemed a bit odd.

Then the black beast lunged at him and the younger male ducked to cover his pretty face from the attack even though it wasn't meant for him, he lifted his gaze to see Slade hanging from a tree nearby and when he landed in front of him he was panting unlike the shadow, who with ease spoke at him like he hadn't moved in first place.

That was... impressive... Bane said with distrust. He wasn't fully convinced that he would want Slade to instruct him for his methods seemed a bit unusual, but there was no doubt that the man was talented.
The Nightmare King
186 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
Quote: Yea I know, its a semi realistic site. Slade doesnt have any unnatural abilities, just a perk of being so lithe and not as uncertain when it comes to scaling a tree, as most wolves are. Yea, its unusual, and uncommon, but there are some wolves who can climb trees. :P
its fine. No worries. :)

The dark king saw a placement of a feature on the white wolf's face. It was one of withdrawal, and he realized that many around the parts had not seen a spectacul like that of which he had performed. With a chuckle, he dipped his black crown a bit.

"Again, that was simple agility. Fighting tactics are a personally taught situation. "

With a glint in his golden orange eyes, he raised a brow, a slight smirk upon his maw.

"Would you like to try a paw at it?"
402 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
"Simple agility" there was nothing simple about it, it seemed like he had had a lot of training to be able to perform such display, and the young savage couldn't resist the temptation to ask. Where did you learn this? he barked still bewildered. He wasn't sure that he needed the tree climbing part, but Slade was indeed an agile beast, most probably an advantage when it came to physical encounters.

The savage shook his head to answer Sade's offer, Nah man, I wouldn't be able in this... State... He said referring to his lungs, He had just gone through a whole process of recovering from an almost-drowning experience, and it would be a while until he was even able to run that fast, not to speak of tree climbing. But maybe you could teach me when I'm better... He suggested raising a brow. If the beast was here to stay, then it was a great opportunity for the silver youth to improve his skills, and master the art of combat.
The Nightmare King
186 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
Amazement overtook the young male's face, and Slade smiled at the remark. So he was impressed.

"It was something that was taught to all Nightmares by the one and only original Nightmare. Myself. And it came from the desire to be victorious. You study your enemy, and adjust to their weaknesses, making that your sole strength. "

Slade pondered whether he should elaborate on the aspect or not, then decided to wait until they were doing a Paw vs. Paw.

"I would have not known you were in any other state, besides perfect health, if you had said nothing. I will wait for you, snow warrior."
402 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Seemed a good place to end... last post from you to archive?

Although the whole display had been impressive, Bane couldn't decide if Slade actually knew what he was talking about or if it was all bullshit. But that's just how he was, he didn't easily trust others, and it wouldn't be different with the shadow beast over here. Yes, Bane wanted to learn, he was eager to kill, to be superior, but it wouldn't be until Slade earned his respect that Bane would really ask for the shadow warrior to coach him, and it would probably mean that he would have to earn Meldresi's approval first..

They had an agreement already, Slade was open for showing him the ways of the "Nightmares" as he called himself, and Keith was open for the possibility too. The young savane raised his tail even higher when the black male called him "Snow Warrior," he liked the title, he would earn it some day Alright, Slay, he said turning around, See you 'round he barked walking away, never lowering his tail.
The Nightmare King
186 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
Quote: Good call. In truth, im surprised they even talked this long. xD. Ill archive it for us.
Good thread, Anthony. W_^V.

The dark beast had ignored the fact that the pale hessian mispronounced his name, amd placed another smirk on his black lips.
There would be another time and place for him to learn the white wolfs name.

"So be it. Later "

Without another word, the onyx turned and disappeared becoming one with the surrounding shadows.