waking the demon
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria

The Viking might have had no idea how to go about this in any sort of delicate manner he did know how to remain stoic, how to keep whatever anger might have been bubbling up within him concealed. It wasn't a fail proof defense system but most of the time it seemed to be on his side. On the grand scale of things it wasn't the Spine wolves that Ragnar had a problem with. They were far enough away from each other for Ragnar to comfortably not care. He didn't form alliances and he tried to avoid enemies though such things were unavoidable in the world. Ragnar had no problem with war, but that was when he had led the Cove and nearly every single one of his subordinates could fight and fight well. Stavanger Bay was thinning, dangerously, and it would be a lie to claim that it didn't concern him. With each loss of an adult wolf they were left with more children then adults and Ragnar could not see how that would end up working well for them. With each loss of an adult wolf that could hunt the less likely their chances grew to catching bigger game and keeping their caches stocked. Ragnar had weathered worse, though, and was confident enough in his abilities to lead them through even the toughest of hardships. The scarred Scandinavian did not know the meaning of the term “give up”. Sacrifices needed to be given, he knew, and it meant that until their adult numbers picked up he could not have children with his Priestess Wife — providing he didn't come to the conclusion that making Nerian his wife wasn't a massive mistake, which the Viking dithered upon quite frequently these days with her seclusion.

Attention, subtly went back to the Spine Queen as she spoke his name, offering him a pretty little part smile. She was young, this Ragnar could tell, perhaps younger even then Thistle. Ragnar didn't bother stating that he did not often make house calls to the neighboring packs, figuring that it didn't need to be said. Alpha's usually sent their Outriders out for missions if they weren't dire, even if the trail had ran cold as it had, likely done. Verrine was busy with his newborns and Ragnar wasn't about to send one of his sons out on this, especially given that he had no idea what kind of danger might present itself in the future. That left the Jarl, who also doubled as an Outrider. “I do not have a name,” Ragnar admitted, keeping his gaze steady on the Spine Queen's face. “My subordinate was too busy having her neck and throat mangled to be able to ask,” A grim look stole across the Scandinavian's scarred face. “He very nearly killed her and I know my subordinate. She is one of my most trusted and one of the nicest wolves I have ever met. She wouldn't hurt a flea so I sincerely doubt there was any sort of provocation happening,” Ragnar hadn't been there (though if he would have been she would have never been hurt in the first place) so he couldn't say for sure but he knew Julooke and he trusted her word without question. “The only thing she was barely able to tell me was that he had white eyes.” Hopefully, that was enough for the Spine Queen to go off of.

Messages In This Thread
waking the demon - by Ragnar - October 07, 2014, 07:36 AM
RE: waking the demon - by Cara - October 08, 2014, 09:38 PM
RE: waking the demon - by Ragnar - October 09, 2014, 06:19 AM
RE: waking the demon - by Cara - October 10, 2014, 07:46 PM
RE: waking the demon - by Ragnar - October 11, 2014, 06:58 AM
RE: waking the demon - by Cara - October 16, 2014, 08:29 PM
RE: waking the demon - by Ragnar - October 20, 2014, 07:30 AM
RE: waking the demon - by Cara - October 29, 2014, 09:49 PM
RE: waking the demon - by Ragnar - November 05, 2014, 08:34 AM
RE: waking the demon - by Cara - November 05, 2014, 05:22 PM
RE: waking the demon - by Ragnar - November 10, 2014, 07:49 AM