Swiftcurrent Creek The Past Meets The Future 《IC Joining》
<div><span style="color:#036b95;">A</span><span style="color:#1679a1;">l</span><span style="color:#2987ad;">l</span><span style="color:#3c96b8;"> </span><span style="color:#4fa4c4;">B</span><span style="color:#62b2d0;">e</span><span style="color:#75c0dc;">g</span><span style="color:#88cfe7;">i</span><span style="color:#9bddf3;">n</span><span style="color:#aeebff;">n</span><span style="color:#9bddf3;">i</span><span style="color:#88cfe7;">n</span><span style="color:#75c0dc;">g</span><span style="color:#62b2d0;">s</span><span style="color:#4fa4c4;"> </span><span style="color:#3c96b8;">n</span><span style="color:#2987ad;">e</span><span style="color:#1679a1;">e</span><span style="color:#036b95;">d</span><span style="color:#1679a1;"> </span><span style="color:#2987ad;">E</span><span style="color:#3c96b8;">n</span><span style="color:#4fa4c4;">d</span><span style="color:#62b2d0;">i</span><span style="color:#75c0dc;">n</span><span style="color:#88cfe7;">g</span><span style="color:#9bddf3;">s</span><span style="color:#aeebff;">.</span></div>
49 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
@Scimitar

Oh the dreary walk, so exhaustive was it that the soft colored lupine literally stopped dead in his tracks, just to regain his proper breath. And the travel began, again.
The only thing driving the handsome young man forward was the mere idea of seeing his blood brother again.
Scimitar

As he plodded along, he reminisced the good times he had with his sibling. All the romping around they shared, the pretend fights, the snuggling and battling for the best spot on mom's warm tummy, all the warm thoughts.
The same temperature as the tears that threatened to spill down the right cheek of his lightly tanned willow brown fur.

Past valleys and mountains, the Frostfur journeyed, and though he enjoyed the scenery, it wasnt until he reached the flattened land that was split across by a raging creek. It, as name called it, was Swiftcurrent Creek, and this was the monument that his brother's pack represented. A couple more yards assured him he had landed into the right spot, and for a fleeting second, he thought he had seen the familiar pelt of the agouti he had known so well, but before he could stop his own voice, he had called out, his melodious tone ringing the air.

"Scim?"
he came and stole the wild
1,016 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Scimitar trailed the borders -- the cooling winds of autumn was only but a teasing kiss of what winter would be, and as he felt leaves crunch beneath his paws, he only then realized they were now stripping from the trees. Soon, flurries would mark the air with their own delicate dance, which would then turn to snow.. and the world would turn white for what seemed like the next half of the year. Winter usually brought hope to packs in the form of promised puppies -- this year, Scimitar found himself only embittered by the thought.

Glancing up, his aqua eyes fell upon a rugged form not far off -- cream and cinnamon, the lone male stood seemingly quiet.. until his name was called out. A light frown marred his features as familiarity tugged at him from the voice alone, though he could not quite place it just yet.

Only when he closed the distance between them did realization strike him, and his hesitation broke way to racing strides as the large beast made to tackle his littermate in a bear-like hug, a crooning growl of excitement breaking past his lips. Saber was her e-- somehow, fate seemed to offer him a kind gesture.
a crime so old as the sky and bone
<div><span style="color:#036b95;">A</span><span style="color:#1679a1;">l</span><span style="color:#2987ad;">l</span><span style="color:#3c96b8;"> </span><span style="color:#4fa4c4;">B</span><span style="color:#62b2d0;">e</span><span style="color:#75c0dc;">g</span><span style="color:#88cfe7;">i</span><span style="color:#9bddf3;">n</span><span style="color:#aeebff;">n</span><span style="color:#9bddf3;">i</span><span style="color:#88cfe7;">n</span><span style="color:#75c0dc;">g</span><span style="color:#62b2d0;">s</span><span style="color:#4fa4c4;"> </span><span style="color:#3c96b8;">n</span><span style="color:#2987ad;">e</span><span style="color:#1679a1;">e</span><span style="color:#036b95;">d</span><span style="color:#1679a1;"> </span><span style="color:#2987ad;">E</span><span style="color:#3c96b8;">n</span><span style="color:#4fa4c4;">d</span><span style="color:#62b2d0;">i</span><span style="color:#75c0dc;">n</span><span style="color:#88cfe7;">g</span><span style="color:#9bddf3;">s</span><span style="color:#aeebff;">.</span></div>
49 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
"Oof!"

The impact surprised him, and he would've been better prepared if the Frostfur would have known whether his brother would savor or savage his body, yet the positive proved triumphant.
He met his burly brother, though tackled, in turn, rolled around the crumbling dead leaves, romping around with the 3 year old. Happy yips and light little nips came from the gentle jaws of the sandy hued man, his relief at once again, seeing his sibling after seemingly millions of eons.

"Brother! How have you been? So many moons have passed since I last saw you! Tell me what has trespassed since we last spoke!"

The soft colored lupine tried his hardest calm the massive waves of happiness that coursed through him, yet he only suppressed the glee to frenzied tail wags. After the rendezvous calmed a bit, he eagerly awaited the words of his bear compared brother.
1,016 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
There was a playful scuffle -- brothers reunited, and it felt just like yesterday he had wrestled with his littermates along the Halycon Cliff. Kaskara's presence at the Creek had turned out to be far more relieving then what he ever could have imagined.. but somehow, another one of his siblings had seemingly found him.

The two finally broke apart, and as Scimitar's goofy grin that had escaped his usual emotionless self began to subside to a warm smile, his muzzle gave a light cant at the specific words his brother trailed together. Trespassed? He withheld a (not so witty) comeback along the lines of do you mean what's new bro? but refrained. After all, he knew exactly what his brother meant, and to hear the quirkiness of his sibling was by far the best present he had this terrible month.

"Far too much to go in to detail, Saber," he murmured, holding back a small laugh. "What brings you here? Away from Dal Riata? How is mother?" Casting his bright turquoise eyes on his littermate, he waited for the details of home.. and how the rest of his family was.
49 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
The icy clear water orbs radiated the luminaries of a million stars, hearing the sound of his brother's voice. Again, a plethora of tail wags followed.

"In truth, I would have stayed there if it hadn'tve been for a messanger from a neighborhood pack, that you had been spotted. At once, I, for lack of a better term, hauled ass to see you. "

The grin that followed the statement had proven the truth of the action behind the sentence. He had traveled for such a long time. Saber listened at the sexond and third question that followed, and as the young man listened, his heart slowed a few beats, attempting to normalize its pace.

"About mother,..."

Immediately the once vivacious thrum of his tail, slowed.

"She did not want me to go, for fear of losing yet another child, but I had faith that you lived. She misses you, dearly. Visit her soon, eh?"

Clearing his throat, hoping the gravel had dislodged itself from his vocal cords, he barked, attempting to sway the conversation from the longing of home that would be sure to follow.

"Dal Riata itself flourishes still, mothers bearing children, more and more Frostfurs being made, growing strong, amd prospering."

With a teasing glint in his orbs, Saber again, tried to brighten the mood.

"And what's this I hear about you being an Alpha, Scim? Never would have thought you'd fit that role, after that spar we had over a baby rabbit a few years back. "

He playfully jostled the right shoulder of his brother, a grin touching the Frostfur's lips.
1,016 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
He had never considered being watched by others – but it made sense. If anyone he knew had seen one of his siblings, he would have wanted an update on them. With his ears perked forward, he took in his brother’s words, a smile twitching at the corner of his lips at their mother. She was a cold creature by means of any outsider – but to those who knew her, especially her children.. she had always made clear that as strict as she was, she had loved them endlessly.

He snorted next at his paler brother’s words, a light frown flickering across the darker mask of his features. “Word travels fast then,” he mused lightly, rolling his shoulders back in a shrug. “I’ve only been alpha of the pack for not even three weeks.” But, of course, the tease was not missed, and with a wry smirk, the large male gave a nod toward his brother. “Looking to see if I fit the role, then?”
49 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
A pleasing laugh dappled between the two men. Saber knew his brother had always had the potential of taking the spot of being an alpha. Not many wolves had such an opportunity, but Scimitar had the qualities to reign as such. He had always seen it, no matter how close or afar he was from the fellow Frostfur, Saber knew he had the proper requirements for such a tedious yet rewarding task.

"Of couse, I had to see!", he exclaimed, lightly bumping his sibling with an almost identical shoulder.
"Along with me attempting to see you in general, and make sure that messenger did not decieve, I also had hopes that you may let me see your leadership abilities first hand, as a member of your pack," the dusty sand touched male remarked.
"So I was asking your permission to join you, brother."
1,016 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
He was curious to how word had gotten out of his new reigning alpha-ship, and inwardly, cringed that others spoke of it so freely. Others, including his rivals were likely to hear, then, and the thought made him uncomfortable. But what was done was done, and instead he would take the good that had come from it -- a reunion with his brother.

Of course, he hadn't expected his brother to stay. Dal Riata was an opportunity of Saber's own crown, should Falchion not fight him for it.. he could only imagine Rapier wanted to keep the lands regals within the family. "Of course," he offered, bumping his nose to his brothers cheek. "Will you be staying for good? or just to assess my skills?" His words were dry, though humor laced within them as he studied his sibling. it would be good to have another he could so freely trust within his ranks.
49 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
The questions caused a short lived chuckle from the Frostfur. With glistening glacial eyes, he regarded his dear brother.

"Can it be both, or must it be one or the other? "

A rhetorical question, it was, unless Scim desired continuation of the topic.

"I do miss you, Scim. I have traveled long, just on the mere rumour of you being here. I was uncertain whether to believe the messanger on such, but the fact that it's true makes me glad that I did. "

Lowering his usually high crown, the Del Monte mix payed the proper respect, his tone toning down for the solemn feel of the subject.

"Scimtar, I would be grateful if you allowed me into your new family. "
1,016 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
One last reply from you?

Saber offered cheek -- something Scimitar had missed of the paler Frostfur. Allowing the questio to slide in to silence, he instead awaited his brothers answer, the silence enfolding him. Kaskara was the truest form of friend he had at his side - without her, he was uncertain what he would have done the moment Bazi had turned her back on them all.

His littermate spoke of his desire to stay, and while a faint hint of worry coursed through him and his mother's empire that three of them had left behind now, he knew Falchion and Estoc were capaable to help her maintain his birth pack in their truest form.

"It will be good to have you here," he rumbled affectionately, his muzzle tipping to give his brother a quick nudge to his cheek. Without further words, the regal spun, his paws now leading them closer to the heart of the territory. He had a few moments for a tour.. and a stolen bit of time with his brother was just what he needed.
49 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
◆Definitely. Thanks for havin me, Rachel. W_^V Good thread. Last post. ◆

Saber kept his untainted icy orbs on his brother, and with the comforting feel of pelt upon pelt again, the Frostfur was now officially at ease with being in this land.
And at home.

Without hesitation, the man got up, and followed his brother, prepared to have a bit of bonding time on their walk through the lands he could now call his home. Eyes gazing this way and that, light sandy pelt blowing its locks in the autumn winds, and banner swishing happily and relaxed behind him, Saber traveled with his brother, making a mental note to romp around with him after their tour was done.