If your code keeps breaking, read this!
Mod
11 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
I've been noticing a lot of broken code in posts lately, and thought that maybe some of the newer members weren't aware of some quality-of-life things they could do to mitigate them. Here's a quick guide if you didn't know these things already! :)

Font Face, Width, Alignment
If you go to ( Account > Profile Edit ) and scroll down below your OOC details, there is a series of fields for your font face, post width, and alignment.

If you set your account font face then you no longer have to use codes in the post itself. The account will always post with whatever font you've written in the box there (Georgia is common, I like Trebuchet MS or Times myself.)

Setting the width will adjust the text in to a box of your specified width. I think the default width of posts (if you don't use this feature, and not everyone does) is 1200? You can set it to be narrower if you like the look of it. A common range is between 300 (very narrow) — 500 (gives a nice buffer on either side of the text).

As for alignment, that's for the text's position. It is by default set to left. You can also set it to justify so that the text fills the space as evenly as possible, or right if you're crazy.

Options (Broken Code Quick-fix!)

If you go to your User CP and click on Your Profile, a list should drop down. ( Your Profile > Edit Options ).

Scroll to the bottom of the page, where there is a subheader that reads "Other Options".

Pages will load faster if you uncheck the box for "show friendly redirect pages".

And it is always a good idea to select "put editor in source mode by default" so that the broken code fixes itself. This is a very good habit to get in to for new accounts!

I hope this is helpful! Other FAQs can be found here!