Duskfire Glacier Joining Thread
7 Posts
Ooc —
Alexandria had been walking for what felt like hours, the memories of her past still haunting her every single moment. Could she ever trust anyone again, the supposed one that loved her used her and broke her to pieces. Alexandria began to have a flashback" Momma! Momma! Help me!" said her pup Get away from him!"She said. She brought herself to reality when she smelled the smell of other wolves, probably a pack by the scent she could tell that there were many. Although very tired from her journey she did the respectful thing and howled a long/sad/melodic howl, letting the alpha know that she was there and was requesting permission to enter the territory. She sat awaiting an answer or for the alpha to bring himself or herself to meet her, Alexandria had many scars, especially the one on her eye, that scar reminds her everyday of her young pup, how she tried to save him.
But in the silence I heard you calling out to me
263 Posts
Ooc — Ashur
A rabbit dangled from the Kalderon's jaws, his muzzle stained with mud from the site of the kill. The hunt had been sloppy in every standard, the swiftness and grace of his lithe form gone with the weariness that weighed him down. He couldn't remember the last time he'd properly slept since the lynx attack: even in his resting his mind was restless and always half-aware of the waking world.

A sorrowful howl rose on the air as he moved through the trees, and he paused, silently considering the tone. At first he thought it to be the mourning of one of his packmates, but then caught wind of the words she spoke. A prickle rose along the length of his spine. Could the female have news on Lárus and Njal? The underlying sorrow in her voice caused a stir of worry, and with a burst he dropped the rabbit at the base of a tree and kicked leaves over it to conceal for later before loping off to find the source of the voice.

When he saw her on the distant horizon, a shadow against the overcast sky, he gathered the remaining speed he could muster and continued toward her. His limbs felt sore from the endless days of searching, but the possibility this female came to bear news on their packmates pressed him on. Eventually he slowed, tail waving behind him, and set his bright eyes on the older lady before him. He breathed in her scent deeply - and felt his heart twist when he scented neither Lárus nor Njal on her coat. His tail fell slightly, but he did not turn from her. "What brings you to our pack?" She was still a foreign wolf on their borders, and he had learned quickly the customs here called for such wolves to be questioned. Normally Tuwawi handled such encounters, but he imagined she would still be with the pups. He trained his eyes on the older wolf, unaware his gaze might intimidate her, and waited for her response.
Trades
[Image: warden.gif][Image: naturalist.gif] 1/5 | [Image: chronicler.gif] 2/5
7 Posts
Ooc —
Alexandria saw a young wolf coming from the shadows, this wolf seemed to have something on his mind before he saw her because she could sense that he thought she was there for something else. She could see his marks and thought of her own, she had many, you see a lot of them but some of her scars were covered by her fur. " I am just passing through but I need a place to rest and heal before I can continue my travels"She said to him
263 Posts
Ooc — Ashur
Malachi felt a stir of uncertainty as he listened to the saddled woman speak. Her words confirmed she did not come with news on Njal or Lárus, but her business at the border prompted him to focus his distracted thoughts on her request for sanctuary. He noticed now the scars that laced her body, and felt a troubled stir. Clearly, life had not been kind to this she-wolf, and he hoped whoever had maimed her did not travel close behind, both for her sake and the pack's. She desired to heal and rest, but he did not know if they could offer that.

He glanced over his shoulder momentarily before turning his gaze back on the saddled woman. His ear canted back and he yearned for the presence of another member to join him here - Danica, or Týrr - one who knew the customs of these lands better than himself. But instead he found himself alone with the foreign woman, and had to decide for himself the appropriate way to respond to her words. "I do not stand as one who can accept members here, but I will wait with you until my Alpha comes. She shouldn't be long." He paused and shuffled his thoughts before lifting his voice again. He kept his gaze steady, unwilling to let it waver before the stranger, but felt his head instinctively tilt as a question formed on his lips. "Where do you intend to go once you have regained your strength?" He had been a drifter before finding Tuwawi, keen to keep moving until his paw pads wore thin, and wondered if this wolf was the same. He had given that life up for what he had found here, and he did not regret it, heartache and all.
Trades
7 Posts
Ooc —
Alexandria nodded and laid down so that she could rest the pads of her feet. I think i will keep moving once i have regained my strength, i think it to be best that way, i have spent many moons traveling away from.. well just traveling, most wolves i have met see no need to ask if i would stay then again this is the first time i have come in contact with the scent of a pack." she said to him as she looked at him with her pure blue eyes
263 Posts
Ooc — Ashur
Her words gave Malachi more to consider, but he hardly saw the logic behind her thoughts. If theirs was the first pack she'd come across in her travels, Malachi wasn't surprised the other wolves she'd encountered had refused her companionship. One did not go looking for rest and healing among loners, and to look for such things from a pack without offering help in return did not seem the best plan of action, either. He wouldn't have thought much of her desire to keep moving if not for her scars - and he felt an uneasy tingled as he linked the two with his own reasoning. He couldn't leave this woman to fend for herself, but if she was still being pursued, she would be leading her attacker straight into their territory - and straight to the bodies of their tiny pups.

Malachi's mouth formed a grim line at the thought. As much as he wanted to help this woman, he knew the kin he'd made in the Glacier pack took precedence. If she brought danger with her, they could not let her in, and with winter's approach, they needed every ounce of prey that wandered their home, for the good of the pups. And further, with the threat of lynx on the air, they could not risk taking in a wolf with interests not fully devoted to the pack. He struggled with these thoughts: compassion flowing for the wolf before him, wanting to shield her from whoever she ran from, but also a concern she would prove a danger to them, and a dead weight in their ranks until her departure. New questions formed on his tongue, but only one came to see the light: "What are you running from? Do you pose a danger to our pack?"
Trades
7 Posts
Ooc —
Alexandria's hair rose from the question that this young wolf had asked. She knew she would have to explain herself well her story to this young wolf so that he could see she posed no threat but she had to tell him."I am running from the most horrid pack that has ever walked this earth."She said to him blatingly " i was born into a loner pack I guess you could say and when the time came my father and mother made a deal with a nearby pack that for them to be able to pass threw their borders freely that they would have to give me up to him and they made the deal then i was apart of that pack. At first everything was normal until one day The alpha Frideoas came up to me and started to fight me, at first he wasn't mean or anything, it seemed to be just play but then it got worse, he began thrashing me around and as i began to fight back, all of his men jumped on me and began to rip me to shreds, once they were done with me I laid there, breathing hard and unsure of why he had done that, this continued for many days and years until one day i met a male who i thought cared for me actually cared, Little did i know i was wrong, I got pregnant with my first pup, I was over the moon excited and i was actually left alone throughout my pregnancy, i thought that maybe it was over now, I gave birth to a beautiful boy, his name was Noah, He was the most beautiful pup i have ever laid eyes on, his coat was as white as the snow and his eyes where as pure blue as the ocean, Noah was starting to grow up, he was still just a pup but He was quite big for a pup, he always said he would be as big and strong as me one day but one day while i was bringing back food for Noah I heard a fight and i heard him calling out to me so i ran as hard as i could to witness that they were fighting him, my pup, so i ran and rammed myself into them and got infront of him, i promised him everything was going to be ok," she said as a tear ran down from her eyes "I fought and fought but it wasn't enough there were so many, I was bloody but felt no pain, out of no where they cleared and left me to see my pup, my Noah laying there in a puddle of his own blood dead, I cried but then sudden anger came over me there was no more crying just the urge to kill them so i ran and attacked the alpha and put a scar down his body just as he and his men put on mine but it wasn't enough, I ran and grabbed my dead Noah's body and ran away from that pack, I buried my only pup at his favorite little hiding place by the stream, I laid there on his grave for days but knew i had to get away to make a fresh start, that is what he would want, I pose no danger to you, i am many miles away from that pack and I am sure that by now they have another to torment then just me though the elders in that pack often said that they never saw it get as bad as it did with me, I guess i don't just seek a temporary home, i seek a sanctuary, a place to call home to not live in fear that today will be my last or worry that my strength will fall me" she said to him, silent tears leaving her eyes but she kept a stone face,
263 Posts
Ooc — Ashur
Malachi steadied himself at the sight of her bristling fur, but made no advance toward the woman who prickled before him. He would not attack unless she lunged first, and his decision to remain unprovoked soon payed off. He did not allow himself to waver as the woman told her story, but his heart twisted with her words and he felt compassion and indignation stir within. That wolves would treat their own with such contempt revolted him, and he felt a sting of shame he'd made this young woman live through the horrors of her past again. Though she remained stoic, he felt the sorrow that leeched from her fur, and he lowered his gaze. He knew the pain she suffered - indirectly, of course; he would never fully know a mother's pain - but had witnessed the loss of child affect his mother, and now Tuwawi, to know there was little he could do to ease this woman's pain. Though Malachi wished to tell her words of comfort, he knew they would be futile and chose to remain silent. He let some seconds pass before speaking again. He found himself careful now with his words.

"When I first met our Alpha Tuwawi, she offered me a family, and that's what we have here. I swear on my life we will not allow any wolf to be abused. That's not how a family works." He closed his eyes for a heartbeat, nostalgia hitting him as he thought back on his blood kin, then set his gaze on the woman again. "We all contribute here, for the good of each other. We often give up our rest and our health for the sake of every wolf. If you are willing to work with us, then I am confident Tuwawi will accept you into our ranks." He did not know if they could offer a sanctuary, but he knew they could offer her a home, and one in which this young woman could learn how pack life really worked.
Trades
7 Posts
Ooc —
Alexandria Looked at him and the thought of a home where she would get treated better, an actual family though she weary because fear of abuse she could feel that this was her moment to take a leap of faith and somehow she felt like she would be ok.I would like to join this pack if your alpha will allow me too, I am a good hunter and will fight to protect when needed, "[b] she said She had gotten so used to fighting it was like second nature to her, it was no longer play to her for her life had always depended on her survival and fighting skills
263 Posts
Ooc — Ashur
The woman's commitment pleased Malachi. She desired to be a part of their pack, not a mere drifter through. Now with her pledge, Malachi knew his call to @Tuwawi would not be in vain. He gave the woman a short nod before he threw his head back and let loose a long howl. He kept his message simple: that a she-wolf stood at their borders wishing to pledge herself to the pack. He knew his message would reach Tuwawi, but he paused to wonder if the fire-kissed Alpha would leave her pups long enough to assess the mottled woman herself. Malachi did not know what he would do if Tuwawi refused to leave the den site, but nevertheless felt a strong confidence all would turn out in the end.
Trades
7 Posts
Ooc —
Alexandria listened to him howl for his alpha, she wondered if the alpha would let her join this pack. she hoped that the alpha would let her join, she had given herself hope and the thought of being turned away made her think about what then she would do.

She thought of noah, as she inhaled she could smell him, its like he was watching his momma and staying close to her at all times, sometimes when she felt weak and weary she could swear she saw noah and her him calling her then when she would get close enough to see him he would vanish, she often wondered if she was going insane with the grief of losing him or if he was her guardian angel in a sense
263 Posts
Ooc — Ashur
This'll be my last post (: Welcome to Duskfire!

He perked his ears and searched the air for Tuwawi's call, but as seconds turned to minutes, none came and Malachi found himself still alone on the territory's edge with the mottled woman standing expectantly before him. He felt a leaded weight drop in his stomach and let his gaze linger on the forest at his rear. Across the trunks and leaves the youth searched for a flash of fire fur to signal his leader's arrival. But if Tuwawi had even heard him, she did not come.

Malachi felt his mouth run dry. He had little option now but to turn the woman away - but how could he do that when he had instilled in her so much hope? He felt his brow furrow as the situation rose muddied in his mind and he turned until he faced the woman again. If Tuwawi was unable to come to them... then he would have to bring the woman to her.

His stomach churned at the thought, but he hardened his brow. He could not cast this wolf away. "Stick by me. I'll take you to Tuwawi." The words nearly stuck in his throat. He knew well the risk he took in bringing this woman into their territory without Tuwawi's prior approval, but it was a risk he was willing to take. He turned and moved forward, but stopped for a moment to glance over his shoulder to see if the woman would risk to follow.
Trades
7 Posts
Ooc —
Alexandria knew that Malachi was taking a risky move by bringing her a stranger into the pack but if things got wrong and the alpha tried to punish him, she would protect him, she didn't really know malachi but felt a weird bond with him, She would protect him with her life. Alexandria looked at malachi " Ok I will be right beside you" she said

It was odd for Alexandria to take to someone as fast as she took to Malachi but the bond she felt as weird as it was meant something to her. She trotted to his side on the alert for anything that could go wrong.