Blackfoot Forest I'm Holding Out for a Hero
Loner
183 Posts
Ooc — Raven
@Reyson. Sorry for the delay!!!

She was doubling back. Having already been within the Rising Sun Valley and every other region of the Teekon Wilds Paeon was sure she had missed something. Although she had run into other wolves that needed her help, provided her intel, or sparred with her, she hadn't yet found a place to settle or spend significant time at. She was in search of her purpose and was getting impatient. Surely there was something she could do here, she thought. Something that would make her worthy of returning home to her birth pack or becoming renowned in a new place.

She wandered about the Blackfoot Forest pouting over her thoughts. Just a little before nightfall.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
-Leave them at the bottom of the grave they dug for you. -
1,093 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson didn't travel far from his pack mates often, but this was a different case. He felt strange and unused to the feelings of regret. He had failed Towhee in some way. He hadn't fought hard enough. He hadn't killed quick enough. Something, and though he knew logically that this wasn't the case, that he did all he could. What he couldn't fathom was why it was so hard to accept that.

He was surprised from his reverie by the likes of a smaller wolf, walking to and fro. He chuffed to let her know he was near and then he waited. Silent and watchful. It was growing dark and late. He would need to find a place to bed down soon.
I will be building Reyson's personality largely in character. So his general personality and mannerisms may change as I learn more about him. I am fine with some plots with him as long as all parties are comfortable and know what is to be expected. 
Loner
183 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Paeon was alerted to the presence of another and turned to see a large tawny-red male. He was huge and had scaring along his shoulders. Immediately she thought of Fury. Her immense size and generous battle scars. She assumed that he too was a wolf of great accomplishment. Perhaps this was the chance she needed. When she first encountered Fury she was warry that she would not be worthy of the female. But since then another shot hadn't come around. She wasn't about to let this opportunity pass her up, but she was likely getting ahead of herself.

"Hello there Sir" she greeted with her best manners.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,093 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
"Hello there Sir" she greeted with her best manners.
[/quote]

He eyed her, and dipped his muzzle down. Hello.

He turned his gaze back towards the goats. Weighing their options and what could be done. Goats were kick, and could be mean, but if gotten in the right spot, they were easily taken down. He could handle that.

He shifted and looked her over. I'm Reyson Ebonywood. Scutarius of Mereo.
I will be building Reyson's personality largely in character. So his general personality and mannerisms may change as I learn more about him. I am fine with some plots with him as long as all parties are comfortable and know what is to be expected. 
Loner
183 Posts
Ooc — Raven
He returned her greeting and she watched as his eyes returned to the goats. She mentally did a facepalm as she nearly forgot what was in front of her after learning what had appeared beside her. She made a note to speak more softly.

'Reyson Ebonywood. Scutarius of Mereo' he introduced. Scutarius. Paeon recognized that as a special type of gladiator and fighter. She was right, he was accomplished. Mereo. She assumed this must be the pack he hailed from.

'I'm Paeon... Able bodied and presently unpledged... Sir" she stated. Shifting her eyes between Reyson and the goats still moving and munching.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,093 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
He studied her, weighing his options. She was small, but able bodied and muscular. She'd be a good runner, good fighter. If she learned to use her body and her size to her advantage. He tilted a head, and then dipped his muzzle down and back towards the goats.

You want a place to pledge too? You show me what you can do huntwise? And if all goes well and you show adept skill, and adaptability. I'll take you with me back to Mereo.
Loner
183 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Super sorry for the long wait had a laundry list of IRL events take place. Reviewing this thread it seems like those Goats popped up out of nowhere. Haha. I'll try to encompass a bit in this post.

He was giving her an opportunity right on a silver platter, she merely needed to take it. A part of her thought that this was too easy, that she could have done this far before now. But she couldn't keep thinking like that. This encounter wasn't over. She still had to prove herself and the challenge Reyson laid out for her was that of the hunt. She wasn't particulary gifted in hunting, but knew how to hold her own. With the light dwindling more and more from the sky above she thought to use this to her advantage.

The goats were in a small grouping. A ram, two females, and one that appeared to be younger, but wasn't quite as young as a small kid. After gazing over at the herd, she looked to Reyson and nodded her head accepting his challenge, and she began.

She lowered herself to the ground and rotated in a wide circle around the herd to get a better vantage point. The wind was slow and her prey remained unstartled. The younger individual would be the easiest target as it stood out from the rest, but this was her chance to prove herself and thus she set her eyes on one of the females. The ram, she thought would be too daring a target on her own.

She remained locked onto her targets and was unfazed as the forest around her began to awaken. Suddenly the wind picked up and blew through the tree tops as they rustled and ghostly whistling rushed through the trees... Not in Paeon's favor. Her scent was picked up and the goats lifted through heads in her direction hesitantly. They did not immediatly bolt and she suspected they had not yet spotted her as they slowly back away from her hiding location.

Darn. Paeon thought to herself. Catching them off guard was going to be her best bet. Goats were fast, but also feisty. Then, on the opposing side of her prey a cry came out. A loud echoing chant from within the forest spooked her prey straight for her. With the ram in front she rolled out of the way. She was surely found out now, but she couldn't give up. This could be her only shot.

She lurched upward and began to chase the rest of the herd. All around the cries seems to echo about causing her prey to run from her but also take impulsive turns through the trees. Their movement was hard to follow and though she had a decent time keeping up, she wasn't gaining ground on her target.

This wasn't good, she couldn't come up empty-handed and she knew that in regards to stamina she would not outlast them. She needed to think... That's when she widened her lens and saw that the smaller goat was lagging behind. It was not the prize she wanted but in this chaotic race she must walk away with something. Straying from her intended course she veered off to the side and aligned with the lagging goat.

Once close enough she bit at its heels and pulled back momentarily as it kicked its back legs into the air. Closing the distance again she reached for its back leg. She took hold, but it slipped out. However, it was enough to trip the creature and give Paeon the chance to clamp down on the back of its neck. With her weight behind her, she stood atop the kicking and flailing goat, biting down deeper onto its jugular until it stopped moving.

She stayed there for a few moments, clenching her jaw and huffing through her nostrils, before glancing back towards the direction of Reyson. It was even darker now, but she could still make him out. Her 80-100 lb kill resting on the ground beneath her, the cries of the forest still echoing.
Raventhorpe
Vorðr
1,093 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Warrior
Ambassador
Reyson had been among the herd himself. Pushing to the sides. HE had not meant for her to do it on her own. Though she had shown considerable skill. He followed and did not intrude upon her kill.

He simply chased and moved them at the whims, bending through the trees and the darkness pressing upon them on all sides. He stopped as he realized where they were and what she was doing, and then he simply watched.

He loped towards her after her kill a small half smile on his face. HE dipped his muzzle down. Very well.

Well done. Shall we break it apart and each carry some. We have some traveling to do if we are to make it to Mereo. Try not to damage the skin to badly.
Loner
183 Posts
Ooc — Raven
She had done it. Completed the challenge and passed the test. But a part of her felt like it wasn't enough. She hadn't caught the prey she was aiming for and Reyson's response was less than exhilarating. She dropped her prey to the ground gently and went to say something to Reyson. To question his decision, gain some reassurance of some kind, but she stopped herself. 

If this was not the right call that would not be on her, and she would do what she could to find her purpose and make herself known. Who knows. Perhaps when they arrived at Mereo things would change. After all she wasn't sure if Reyson was the leader of this pack or had a large sway in recruitment. He appeared worthy and influential but sometimes his looks were deceiving.

Pushing out the thoughts from her mind she nodded in agreement. Once the prey was split she was careful not to sully the flesh and skin and followed behind Reyson.

Feel free to tag me in a new thread at/heading towards Mereo or PM me if you would like me to create it. Thanks and sorry again for the wait