Sea Lion Shores riptide
<i>why did she leave wonderland</i>
295 Posts
Ooc — nicole
hey, everyone! this is a possible Outrider thread for Crëyr, so it'd be helpful if somebody responded :D

The Welsh girl walked down the sand, leaving a trail of footprints on the damp sand in her wake. She had a hare clamped between her teeth, as she thought it would be effective as she was also endeavouring to achieve the Gamekeeper trade. It wasn't much, but it was at least a little bit of practice in an expedition.

Seeing the ocean made Crëyr's expression change into one of wistfulness as she walked down Sea Lion Shores, about a week away from the Bypass. She had been gone that long, as she wanted to be an Outrider.

The Autumn sun was shielded behind a large grey cloud that seemed to stretch for miles and miles, resulting in the coverage of the entire blue sky. Winter was approaching. In addition to that, she could practically feel it in the air around her.

A light breeze ruffled the petite grayscale wolfess' two-toned pelt. She closed her eyes and smiled, savouring in the crisp, cold air and the sound of water crashing against the shore. Once she opened them, the wisp of carefreeness she had felt earlier was gone, gone with the rolling blue waves.
Empress of Manipulation
348 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Down by the shoreline where the water met the sand, a coal-colored wolf walked. Each paw print she left was wiped away by the seemingly gentle waves as they came up to greet her paws. Whenever a breeze passed through, it'd ruffle her fur and the salt would make her feel calm. Though the breeze and the water seemed kind and gentle, Sen knew better than to wade out too far into the water. Between the current and the occasional orca, she knew that the sea could be a dangerous thing.
Having noticed the amount of clouds gathered in the sky, she deemed it wise to move farther from and water in case of a storm. As adventurous as the she-wolf could be, she had no desire to be dragged into a sea, or any kind of water, if a storm were to arise. Despite her better judgment, though, she couldn't help but want to return to her previous path to keep the dry sand from sticking to her damp paws. Her attempts at shaking the sand from her paws had failed, making her slightly aggravated towards how stubborn the sand was.
Sen was pulled from her thoughts by a new scent in the air. Instead of just smelling the saltiness of the sea and the fish smell that lingered with the seals, she now smelled a hare and another wolf. Looking up from her sand-covered paws, she noticed a wolf with a grey coat making it's way down the shore. Being unsure of whether or not the other wolf had noticed her already or not, she contemplated circling around in an attempt to not make contact. Though her conscious told her it would be best to at least try to avoid meeting another wolf, her legs did not listen and continued to carry her forward.
Notice: Sen's actions and words do not, in any way, reflect my OOC opinion.
295 Posts
Ooc — nicole
It wasn't long before the Welsh wolfess noticed another smell wafting down the beach and entering her nostrils. Another lupine, a stranger at that.

She turned around, her teeth not leaving the hare, she stared. The black-furred she-wolf was making her way towards Crëyr, her demeanor not indicating anything that was threatening towards the petite grayscale female. She tightened her jaws around her meal, though, as she had been taught to expect the unexpected.

Another gust of wind blew towards the she-wolves, again ruffling their fur, allowing Crëyr to spot a patch of white on the other wolf's chest, light against the darkness. Regarding her with curious cerulean eyes, she made sure to keep her distance before speaking softly.

”The ocean is a beautiful thing, isn't it?"
Empress of Manipulation
348 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Sen came to a slow a stop when she heard the voice of the other wolf. She tensed slightly, preparing herself to run if things went south. Despite not knowing the she-wolf before her, or whether or not she was dangerous, Sen visibly relaxed and rolled the question through her mind.
"I believe it is," she answered, a faint smile weaseling into her features. "It is relaxing as well."
The smile grew for a split second as another breeze made it's way through her coat, making her momentarily forget that a their was a stranger within speaking distance. When the grayscale-coated wolf's presence was remembered, the smile faded lightly and she tensed again, still uncertain of the other she-wolf.
295 Posts
Ooc — nicole
storm? :)

The black-furred wolfess before her promptly agreed to her muse, adding on the fact that the ocean water was relaxing as well. Though sometimes, the ocean was dangerous. Crëyr didn't take up much of her time dwelling on that little fact.

The Welsh placed the hare beside her body as she started to speak, as she was still wary. "Sometimes, it is the only place where I can soothe my nerves." She rolled a slim shoulder. "Though beauty may come with danger."

Slowly, a smile spread over the other wolfess' face, softening her features. Mirroring her actions, the aspiring Outrider could only wan her smile as the other wolf began to do so.

The ocean waves crashed once against the shore, the low rumble sounding within the petite Welsh's ears. It sounded... slightly different. She was sure the ocean hadn't sounded like that a moment ago.

The grey sheet of cloud was growing darker, allowing surprise to bubble inside the graphite-silver wolfess' mind. How fast could things change. An hour, a minute, a second.
Empress of Manipulation
348 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
[size=small](Ooh, a storm would be interesting~)[/size]

Sen nodded to the she-wolf in agreement, remembering her previous thoughts from when she was walking along the shoreline.
"It is soothing when all is calm and relaxed," she paused for a second to glance out at the ocean, noticing that things looked a bit different. "But quite the danger when things start to get wild."
Hearing the aggression in the crashing waves, her eyes darted to the sky above. Just moments ago, it had been cloudy, yes, but nothing like it was now. The clouds had been lighter, not nearly as threatening. Now, however, the clouds were much darker. The threat of a storm was obvious, the sky and ocean made that much clear to the black she-wolf.
"This doesn't look good..." she noted, scanning the shore for any possible shelters.
295 Posts
Ooc — nicole
The wolfess before her offered a sentence in support of her muse, which allowed Crëyr to give a brief nod. The Welsh she-wolf was distracted, though, as her blue eyes were flickering from the rumbling ocean to the darkening sky.

”How ironic," She murmured as the first few drops of rain splattered onto her silver-grey hide. ”Just as we start talking about the ocean..." The crash of water against sand echoed in her ears, jolting her out of her slight trance. She turned her head, picked up the hare, scanned the shore for any possible ridges, or perhaps, rock-formed caves to call a temporary shelter.

She picked up the hare as her eyes went to rest back onto the black wolfess. ”I think we should go."
Empress of Manipulation
348 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
As the ocean grew more aggressive and the rain started to fall, Sen's full attention was put into searching for a decent shelter. The voice of the Welsh wolf drifted through her ears and she nodded quickly.
"Unless you know of a place to go that's closer," she started, eyeing the ocean. "We'll have to travel back the way I came a bit. I swear I saw something that would work, even though it's not the most ideal place..."
While her eyes roamed over the ocean and the dark sky, her ears were focused on catching any words that left Crëyr's mouth. Sen didn't want to miss anything that could be important to getting out of the storm before it really started.
295 Posts
Ooc — nicole
The petite Welsh wolfess turned, her blue eyes again scanning the shore as large, fat drops of rainwater descended onto her eyelashes, star-like shapes forming as she blinked. Crëyr swore she'd seen a couple rock-like formations that resembled small caves the way she came here, and they were about ten or fifteen minutes away from the shore.

She listened as her black-furred companion offered a few words in suggestion to a shelter. The grayscale wolfess looked at her again, wondering if she was able to trust her, pondering on whether she would follow her or lead her to whatever temporary shelter she would decide to reside at. She didn't seem like a threat, though there was no telling what kind of personality this she-wolf had. Crëyr decided to go with the flow.

Rolling a slim shoulder as they walked, the waves again crashing at the shore so hard even water sprayed at shoulder at this distance away, she decided to tell her what she thought. "I've seen some small caves on the way here, and they might work as a temporary cover from the storm." Her azure eyes turned towards the darkened sky. "I don't think we've introduced ourselves. I'm Crëyr."

Empress of Manipulation
348 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Thinking back to what she had seen on her walk up the shore, Sen decided that following Crëyr might be a better idea than vice versa. The idea of staying withing a cave, whether it be small or not, appealed to the she-wolf much more than an area with nothing more than a small ridge shielding its underside form the rain. A cave, in her mind, would always trump laying beneath a ridge.
"I think we should head to those caves you saw," she stated, voicing her thoughts. "A cave would work a lot better than attempting to stay under a small overhang of rocks." The dark, and now soaked, furred wolf did not care of the distance that may need to be traveled, just as long as the caves the Welsh wolf spoke of provided a good shelter from the storm.
"It's nice to meet you, Crëyr, despite the current situation," Sen said. "My name is Sen."
295 Posts
Ooc — nicole
The lithe Welsh was about to allow her mind to give suggestions to what the black-pelted wolfess was about to offer someplace to stay under a storm, but what she said confirmed Crëyr's thoughts. An overhang of rock. Crëyr knew the thought that followed was ridiculous, but she could vividly imagine the whole chunk of rock Sen had described to collapse under the weight of heavy rainwater.

She made no attempt to stifle slight laughter. "Water may drip from the little crevices, though, I don't think we have to be too concerned about that." As they weaved down the long, seemingly never-ending stretch of beach, the rain started to pour in dark, heavy sheets, soaking both her fur and the hare's. "Merry meet, Sen, though I would have preferred the weather be better."

It was only then did they reach the forest did the rain fall less, as the leaves shielded the water. She replayed the route to the beach in her head again. "It's this way, I'm sure. It's beside the river, which isn't very far, as you can see it leads to the ocean."
Empress of Manipulation
348 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
(I apologize for the rather late reply. School has been killing me.)

Sen followed after the Welsh wolf, careful not to fall behind and lose sight of her.
"The weather is a tricky beast," she murmured, her mood dampened much like her coat—though her coat was a bit worse off.
Having had to squint against the downpour of rain, Sen was glad and relieved by the slight bit of cover provided by the forest. Despite the fact that the rain was still falling, Sen took the lightness of it as a welcome for her to shake out her fur. Even though she knew it wouldn't be able to completely dry until they reached a cover from the falling water, she was glad to have at least gotten a bit of the water shaken from it.
When Crëyr told the black-furred wolf the location of the caves, as well as how the river lead into the ocean, she felt grateful for having met a kind wolf rather than a not-so-kind one.
"Thank you," Sen said suddenly. "For sharing the location of the caves with me."
295 Posts
Ooc — nicole
that's okay! sorry for my late post, i had a lot of school projects to finish :'D

The petite Welsh padded carefully across the soaked forest bed, the sky doing little to help the two she-wolves through the tree trunks.

Sen followed closely behind her, and Crëyr was pondering on whether to attempt to start a conversation with a hare clamped in her teeth and when the black-pelted female spoke up, abruptly thanking her for telling her about the shelter they were going to be in.

The grayscale female turned around and offered her a gentle smile, despite the icy raindrops slicing into her fur. "No worries. I'm glad I have a companion in this dreary weather."

It took them another ten good minutes before they reached the mouth of rock, sitting directly on the other side of the river, slabs of grey piled onto each other. There was a good, large opening right in the center, which allowed a slim creature like Crëyr to easily slip in and stay.
Empress of Manipulation
348 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
As Sen noticed their closeness to the cave, she shook out her coat once more to get a bit of the water out. She felt happy to have finally reached it, though the distance was no something she was fond of. With one last shake of her pelt, she made her way through the opening after Crëyr had, and immediately sat down. Though her coat was still damp, she ignored it and faced the grey she-wolf once more.
"I do not believe a single thanks was enough," she said. "So, I thank you again for this. I would probably have been soaked through and through and miserable for days had we not crossed paths."
295 Posts
Ooc — nicole
do we end like this or could crëyr and sen learn more about each other so that they could possibly meet in the future? also, sorry for short post :)

The dark wolfess entered the cave with her, stepping beside her to occupy the empty space Crëyr had left for her in small, cramped, though roofed area. She smiled as Sen began to offer a word of thanks for her again, deeming her first thanks not enough.

"It's nothing. I have to offer my thanks to you. I'm glad I have a companion in this dreary weather, as I have been travelling for days without much of a discovering."
Empress of Manipulation
348 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
No need to apologize. All of my posts have been rather short, so I should be the one to apologize for it. I think it best to end here. :)

Sen gave but a simple nod of her head to the she-wolf's words. She was glad to have come across such a kind creature, and was even happier that the two had been companions; even if it were only for a short amount of time. Her maw stayed closed though, not daring to share her thoughts. Instead, she simply laid in wait with Crëyr, hoping for the rain to soon stop falling.
Once the rain had finally cleared up and skies didn't look so menacing, Sen said her goodbyes to the grey-scaled wolf, and went on her way. She would never admit it to anyone who'd ask, but she had actually felt a pang of sadness as she left. It was what Sen did though, and the chances of that changing were slim. So on the lone wolf went, continuing her journey to nowhere, with only her shadow as a constant companion.
295 Posts
Ooc — nicole
ending post!

She expected the rainstorm to worsen, but after an hour or so the buckets of water gradually stopped . The remnants of the storm dripped through the little crevices that were between the rocks, rhythmically splattering on Crëyr's silvery-white coat.

Sen rested beside her. The Welsh wolfess' blue eyes fell on her for a couple of seconds, glad she had endured the storm with a companion. They hadn't spoken, though the air that surrounded them was friendly.

The familiar arch of seven colors peeked through the branches, slicing the sky into two, symbolizing the end of the storm. It was then Crëyr said goodbye to Sen and parted ways, wondering if they would meet again.