Redhawk Caldera nerf gun party
incautious red wrecking ball amwelles · amwelles
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
Fox's sprained foot should be fully healed in a couple days, woo! Rib has still got ~4 weeks.

Although it still troubled her a few times a day, Fox was certain that the paw she had injured was almost back to full capacity. She had to be careful when getting up or laying down, but for the most part, she felt good about it. She and Peregrine had seen nearly a half turn of the moon since they first set eyes on this place, and now she was proud to call it their home.

The weather was chilly, cloudy, and not terribly "pretty" by the standards of most, but the cool air was a blessing for Fox, who disliked the heat of summer. Not only that, but it meant winter was coming soon. It was then that they would begin preparing the den site for their children, something she was head-over-heels enthusiastic about.

Presently, Fox was marching along the base of her mountain home, keeping an eye out for any would-be trespassers. She'd gladly chase them off. Or perhaps one of her pack-mates would join her for the afternoon jog. In either case, she was alert to her surroundings, looking out for anything of interest.
Pregnancy timeline (RHC members only)
<i><div><span style="color:#ff0000;">s</span><span style="color:#ff1f00;">p</span><span style="color:#ff3d00;">i</span><span style="color:#ff5c00;">t</span><span style="color:#ff7a00;">f</span><span style="color:#ff9900;">i</span><span style="color:#ffb700;">r</span><span style="color:#ffd600;">e</span></div></i>
99 Posts
Ooc — Mary
Phew! Sorry I didn't post to this earlier. Work was a pain the past couple of days. <3

There was something about the billowing clouds that put a pep in the step of the gangly-legged female. She had always fashioned herself as a sort of all-weather type of girl, but Siv was prone to adventures in the heat of thunder storms. She could recall chasing the flashing light across the sky when she was younger… when she thought that anything had been possible. Some part of her still longed to run after lightning, howl back at the thunder, but she had aged in that time. It was no longer viable for the spritely Savoy girl to seek those types of adventures. Still, the wisps of wind that ruffled her honey-hued pelt brought a taste of excitement with them. If anything, it was a sign that the seasons were changing.
A steady trot carried the coywolf female along the base of the mountain. Her bright gaze wandered casually across the landscape until she managed to lock her eyes on a familiar shape. With a smile lighting her tapered muzzle, Siv darted ahead in attempts to catch up to the rust-furred female who seemed to be making good speed. After a short distance, the Savoy girl let out a quiet yip to announce that she was closing in behind Fox.
Panting, Siv tossed a wide grin in the direction of the female who had issued her admittance into the pack in the first place. “Phooey! Pump your breaks, turbo,” she remarked teasingly, lowering her head so that Fox’s sat higher. Siv flattened her lengthy ears to her skull and dropped her tail from its elevated height. “Say, how’s the old slip-n-slide injury treatin ya?”

2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
Fox turned instinctively toward the sound and slowed, allowing Siv to step up alongside her. "Slip and—?" Fox began to ask, but realized what Siv was talking about. "On, right. Ankle feels a whole hell of a lot better, but my side is still killing me." She'd slowed down her intake of the meds (both from Blue and Finley), meaning that she was feeling every movement that involved her fractured rib. It was especially painful if she tried to lay on that side, and she still used Perry as a pillow whenever she could. She only hoped that she would be fit in time to get knocked up by her lover. Granted, that was several months away, but she did worry that perhaps the pain would be too great.

"Have you met the others yet?" Fox asked. Camaraderie was the glue that held the pack together, and Fox thought it important that everybody know everybody. Without that, they were just a few wolves who happened to piss in the same area. She assumed that her pledges were getting to know one another (or so she hoped, anyway), seeing as their scents mingled all together. Having a strong core was important for a pack, Fox knew that to be a fact. It was why she felt the caldera would thrive, too.
<i><div><span style="color:#ff0000;">s</span><span style="color:#ff1f00;">p</span><span style="color:#ff3d00;">i</span><span style="color:#ff5c00;">t</span><span style="color:#ff7a00;">f</span><span style="color:#ff9900;">i</span><span style="color:#ffb700;">r</span><span style="color:#ffd600;">e</span></div></i>
99 Posts
Ooc — Mary
<style>.rocks1 .ooc {font-style:italic; color:#494a43; } .rocks1 p {padding: 0px 9px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px; } .rocks1 b {color:#a76045; letter-spacing:-.1px; } .rocks1 {background-color:#cfcbc7; background-image:url('http://i.imgur.com/2wNHM0b.png'); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; } .rocks1 .float {float:right; width:0px; height:10px; } .rocks1 .text {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#4c4c4c; letter-spacing:.1px; word-spacing:.1px; line-height:18px; width:460px; text-align:justify; padding: 20px 20px 310px 20px; } .rocks1-border {width:500px; margin:0 auto; }</style>

Siv offered an apologetic flattening of her ears to her narrow skull at the sound of what Fox was going through. She would have opted to bring the rusty-furred leader a fish, but Siv hardly wanted to seem like she was kissing ass to the members of her leadership team. If anything, she could wrangle up a fish at a later time. “Aw, man, and here I was hoping you were back to whooping ass and taking names. I suppose, though, if you’re ankle is better, then the ribs’ll come along any day now,” she remarked, casting a hopeful expression towards her leader. The coywolf girl was confident that Fox would be right as rain in no time at all, though her opinion was hardly worth its weight. She was, of course, not knowledgeable when it came to healing or recovering from any sort of injury.
Taking up a steady pace alongside Fox, Siv’s ears were drawn forward at her inquiry. “I, uh, met your other half… formally, that is,” she answered with a quick smile. “And Amon!” the young girl then padded her first comment, almost forgetting the older wolf who had joined her on her morning walk not too long before. It was a sudden realization that she really hadn’t met many of her fellow pack members. With a heavy frown towards the earth, the Savoy girl wondered what that must have looked like to Fox. After all, the rusty-furred female had been the one to admit Siv into the pack. The young coywolf did not want to be a let-down. “I really ought to try to meet more, huh?” she thought aloud, glancing uncertainly towards the female at her side.

2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
In a lot of ways, Siv seemed like some weird mix of Fox's appearance and Peregrine's personality. Maybe this is what our future children will be like, thought Fox with a grin. That wouldn't be so terrible, considering she got along with Siv just fine. And it seemed that Peregrine did to, because they'd met and she was still around. Siv had also acquainted herself with the older wolf, Amon, a wolf that Fox was glad to have around. The older (and slightly more level-headed) Fox became, the more she understood that age could bring wisdom. She certainly hoped that Amon was one of those.

“I expect a full report on each of our members next time I see you,” Fox said sternly, but she couldn't hold the look for long, breaking into a grin shortly after the last word spilled from her mouth. “Nah, I’m kidding. You’ll meet them all eventually. I think you'll get along well with all of them. Hand-picked, y'know?” Fox loved to toot her own horn, and she thought they'd found a damn fine bunch to fill in the ranks of the caldera.
99 Posts
Ooc — Mary
<style>.rocks1 .ooc {font-style:italic; color:#494a43; } .rocks1 p {padding: 0px 9px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px; } .rocks1 b {color:#a76045; letter-spacing:-.1px; } .rocks1 {background-color:#cfcbc7; background-image:url('http://i.imgur.com/2wNHM0b.png'); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; } .rocks1 .float {float:right; width:0px; height:10px; } .rocks1 .text {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#4c4c4c; letter-spacing:.1px; word-spacing:.1px; line-height:18px; width:460px; text-align:justify; padding: 20px 20px 310px 20px; } .rocks1-border {width:500px; margin:0 auto; }</style>

For a fleeting moment, the coywolf girl was actually afraid. This flashed across her features as her bright eyes widened and she lowered her ears carefully to her head in submission. She had not wanted to disappoint Fox. The rusty-furred woman had been the very reason that Siv even had a place to live. To imagine that she had already let her down was heartbreaking. It seemed, though, that Fox’s remark had only been made in jest. To which, the Savoy girl flashed a quick and uncertain grin in the direction of her leader. “I think I’ve been meeting more wolves from outside the pack, actually. Nice folks, really, some of ‘em are a little strange… so I’ve gotta say, I really like that you snagged me,” the coywolf girl remarked with a sure dip of her head. In that time, she could not imagine ever belonging to another pack or pledging herself to different leaders. The idea seemed preposterous.
Keeping the pace alongside her leader, Siv’s tongue lolled from her mouth and trailed off to the side. “So, boss, I’ve been meaning to ask you about trades. I’m trying to figure out which ones I want to go out and get. Perry says I ought to try Gamekeeper and I’m thinking it would be a good choice, but I want your weigh-in on all of this. Those good ol’ pearls of wisdom,” the girl jabbered after a few moments of silence. The subject of trades had been something that had really interested Siv. With Peregrine as a mentor for Gamekeeper, she was certain to pick up on it. There were two other options that were wide open, though, and the Savoy girl could think of no-one better than Fox to offer her opinion.

2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
Holy shit my dog is just laying at my feet being good and I cannot believe it.

Briefly, Fox wondered if she could actually give pieces of wisdom to anybody. She was still several months shy of her second birthday. Maybe the fact that she was a leader had others believing she actually knew what she was doing. Boy, were they mistaken! Nevertheless, Fox felt obliged to give her opinion, considering Siv had asked for it (however foolish that may have been). She contemplated the question of which trades she hoped her comrade to pursue, trying to remember which ones were already covered and which ones they would need help with in the coming months.

Fox knew the history of the Teekon Wilds well, so she did not think Siv would be quite useful as a chronicler. Peregrine was an excellent gamekeeper, and the both of them were used to keeping the borders safe and sound. Perhaps if Fox had been more keen on medicine, she would have suggested that Siv learn more about remedies. As it were, Fox loathed the stuff, and preferred to let her body heal on its own terms.

“What about being some sort of tracker of the world around us?” Fox asked, “A naturalist, I think I’ve heard it called.” She paused to try and recall what it entailed, exactly. “I think naturalists keep track of the moon phases and when it’s a good time to fire up the puppy oven, if y’know what I mean.” She winked suggestively to Siv, hoping she would catch her drift.
99 Posts
Ooc — Mary
Blows the absence dust off of Siv. Also, my cat is biting his own feet and then kicking himself in the face... animals, I tell ya.

It was almost strange how quickly Siv had grown attached to both Fox and Perry. She trusted them implicitly, and would have done anything for the two alphas. She had not expected to settle down so soon. She had set out from her home on Skuld Shore in hopes of finding her father and trying to convince him that a girl needed a dad in her life. When she had spent the better part of a year or more searching for the man she had heard so many great things about, Siv had set her soul on continuing that pursuit. It was surprising how quickly Fox had derailed her original intent. Still, the coywolf girl had never been happier than she was inside the ranks of the caldera. There were still times that the thought of her dad brought a melancholy feeling to the girl’s gut, but Siv knew that those emotions would pass… in time.

As they trotted through the pack lands, Fox mentioned a trade that Siv had heard of only from one other… Peregrine. The idea of being able to map the stars and understand their surroundings based on the patterns of the moon and the sky was both frightening and inspiring to the Savoy girl. When she had spent her time thinking on the subject, she found that she was quite intrigued by the idea, though she was afraid that she had no real means to learn the trade. Perry had offered to mentor her in the art of keeping game – something she was grateful for – and she knew enough about Siv also liked the idea of taking care of the pack’s children, so she had thought for a while on the idea of caretaking.

“Boy, you and big P sure do think alike,” she chuckled, crinkling her muzzle. “He suggested naturalist too.” The more time Siv spent with the leaders of the caldera, the more she realized that they really were a match made in heaven. At least, it was something that she believed to be true. She noticed more and more how alike they were… how much they seemed to resemble each other in the way they spoke. More than that, however, Siv liked the startling differences that they had. It inspired her to think that – while they had many things in common – they could still love each other with those differences. “I think I’ll go for it,” she confirmed with a nod of her head. “Gamekeeper, Naturalist… and what do you think about me trying for Caretaker? I’m a softie for the little ones,” the girl added uncertainly. It was obvious that she valued her leader’s opinion greatly.
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
Fox grinned a toothy grin when Siv mentioned her mate and their likeness to one another. They were different in plenty of ways, primarily by way of their appearance. Peregrine was a hulking beast who towered over her, while Fox was this tiny little piece of ass thing who could easy do the limbo beneath her lover. The size difference had never bothered her, and even if it had, she was unlikely to admit it. Haunter, her first love, had been quite similar to Peregrine in many ways, although he had lacked an ear, which was probably his most defining feature. There were times when Fox still thought of the "what ifs" concerning her once-betrothed, but she knew that her place was beside Peregrine now.

“Caretaker, hm?” Fox mused, trying to think of other wolves who had held that title. There was Ferdie, although Fox loathed him so much she didn't dare think of him as a "prime example" of a caretaker. She was fairly certain that Blue had been one, though she honestly had difficulty remembering details like that. “It’s not all about the little ones, y’know,” Fox said, glancing over to Siv. “You also got to make sure the rest of the pack gets plenty of good ol’ fashioned playtime in.” Of course, puppies were a big part of a caretaker's duty, but Fox wanted to make sure Siv knew what she was getting into.

“I think you’d be golden for it, if you think you’re up to the challenge of our future hellions,” Fox grinned. Based solely on their parents' personalities, Fox couldn't imagine her children being anything short of trouble-makers.
99 Posts
Ooc — Mary
Siv felt her cheeks turn red at the mention of Caretaker not entirely being involved with pups. “Oh, well, yeah… of course not. I mean, the old geezers need a little TLC too. I think I’m up for the challenge, though,” Siv remarked, offering a flashing smile that caused her face to appear a little lopsided. “I mean, I want to cap out with three trades, and I just feel like Caretaker would be dandy,” she added, hoping that the justification would help. Then, she didn’t want it to seem like she needed three trades and Caretaker would do well enough to fit the third. In fact, Siv was highly invested in the trades that had been presented before her. Peregrine would help her through gamekeeping, she would find a way to read the stars and the sky, and for her final magic trick~ Siv was already well-off enough in tending to others, so she would only need to demonstrate that fact.

“I am excited, though, for the winter,” she added after a few moments. “I mean, tis the season for a god awful chill, but there will be babies runnin’ around, and we could even do something fun with the first good snow.” The girl seemed to prattle on for a few seconds more before stopping herself. Winter months were hard on wolves, but Siv did not see this as a reason to hide away from the frigid winds. She had always loved winter and snow, and while her frame grew much thinner in the cold months, her spirit seemed to soar with the possibilities of what was to come.
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
Fox nodded, assuring Siv Savoy that her choice was a fine one. Considering how drab and depressing Fox's time at Swiftcurrent Creek had been, she was glad that this group of wolves was so upbeat and happy-go-lucky. Except for Peregrine, who had his moments, but she wouldn't get into that just now. For the most part, even he was a pretty optimistic guy, and nothing could keep him down for too terribly long. Fox had to admit that she'd been in a funk pretty much non-stop when she was the leader of the creek. There were sweeter, softer moments that she still reminisced about occasionally, but they were few and far between.

“You think?” Fox asked, when Siv mentioned they could have some kind of activity with the first snow. “If you’re trying to become a certified caretaker, I suggest you let me know what your plans are,” Fox said, a goofy grin pulling her lips back. Hell, if Siv planned something out right now, Fox could tell Peregrine about it, and Siv might need only to continue the trend to earn the title in whatever official manner wolves handed those things out. (Seriously, do they have little plaques on their dens with all their certifications? I think that would be awesome and hilarious.)
99 Posts
Ooc — Mary
Time to go bowling! I'll be available tonight when I get back though. <3

There was a race in her heart as Fox prompted Siv to explain the idea of having a pack activity with the first snow. A wide grin split her slender features and stretched her face. Tail flagging behind her, Siv began to explain some of the thoughts she had. “We could have a contest to see who could roll the biggest snowball. We could even break off into teams since I’ve seen some big snowballs in my day, and I’m pretty sure that teams’ll make it easier to roll,” Siv tossed a single idea at her leader with a quick nod of her head. “We could even end the night by going ice skating since we’ve got tons of water here… and nearby. I’ve already seen some of the water start to freeze over after a cold night or two,” she added. “What do ya think?”

Drawing her tongue across her muzzle a few times, Siv frowned thoughtfully. “I was thinkin’ that a snow scavenger hunt would be fun too. I’ve been collecting little treasures when I go out and explore the unclaimed lands. I could watch the skies – like a good and proper naturalist would – and go and hide some treasures the night before it snows, and by morning we’d have to go and find it all,” she then suggested with a small roll of her shoulders. Snow activities were the best kinds of activities, at least according to Siv. If Fox wasn’t pleased with either of these ideas, the coywolf could certainly come up with more.
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
Siv Savoy gave a couple of ideas for activities they could do once the snow settled in, and Fox liked them all. “You just let me know when you’re ready to call the pack together,” she replied, “And hopefully I’ll be in tip-top shape by then so I can join in on the fun.” For now, her rib was still to sore, and she wanted to keep her ankle in good condition so she could make sure it healed all the way through. Fox loved activities that brought the pack closer together, something she hoped to achieve with Redhawk Caldera, and something she had failed to do with Swiftcurrent Creek. It was a shame, considering all they had been through, that she had been unable to bring them together in the way they were coming together here. For all that, though, Fox was happy. She would have her children here in Redhawk, and Siv—along with many others—would help to watch over them.

“If you want help hiding the treasures, let me know. I’m not sure when the first real snow will be, but that’ll be your department anyway.” Fox thought it would make a good bonding activity for the two of them, and perhaps even a third party. “Have you met Finley? I’ll bet she’d love to help out, too.” The two of them seemed like peas in a pod, and Fox could not imagine them not getting along with one another. They were both spunky young ladies, after all.
99 Posts
Ooc — Mary
Maybe fade and have a more current thread? :)

It was good to hear the support that came from Fox. Siv could feel excitement bubbling up inside of her at the thought of bringing pack-mates together to share with them the activities. Even more so, she could no longer wait for the snow to fall. There was some pause inside of the russet-tinged woman. She did not imagine that all of the wolves would be as excited for the first snow. Most of them would probably be worried about the shortage in prey and the lack of food. Still, she hoped to do her best to keep them motivated. Oftentimes, all it took was a get-together to bring people closer and let them know that they had a support system. She knew that this was what kept her tied so strongly to the caldera. Fox and Peregrine could not have been any better at leading the lot of them.

“I’ll probably need some help for sure,” Siv confirmed with a quick nod of her head. “And I haven’t met Finley yet, no. Again,” she chuckled softly, a sheepish expression falling on her narrow features, “I probably ought to get out and meet more of the pack members. That’ll be my next goal, though!” It shouldn’t have been hard to find Finley. If the wolf that Fox had pointed her to was anything like the rest of them, it would certainly be a joyful experience, as well.

It was about time that the girl set herself up for success. She had felt the first stages of sadness begin to leak into depression at the thought of leaving behind the search for her father, but with the family that she had surrounding her… she could sink very far. Nothing could have prepared her for the life she would live inside of the caldera ranks. As long as Fox and Peregrine were there, she would be content.
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
Looks like we already have a current one! ;)
I'll go ahead and fade here.

Oh, of course, Fox had already asked Siv Savoy whom she had met. Her memory had never been great, even the short-term variety. Fox gave Siv a sheepish grin, realizing her repeated question. Siv again promised to try to meet her pack-mates, and Fox's tail wagged in response. Knowing each of them was an important part of pack life. Without that, they were merely strangers living amongst each other, and Fox knew all too well that something like that would not last. In order to be the strong, successful pack she wanted them to be, they had to be tight-knit and family-oriented.

“I think I’m going to turn in,” Fox said after a few minutes more, “Don’t want to aggravate the injuries.” Licking Siv Savoy's cheek in a friendly manner, Fox headed toward the innards of Redhawk Caldera, sure that she would run into Peregrine along the way and snuggle up with him before nightfall (or shortly thereafter). Fox had high hopes for this pack, and she had no doubt that the wolves that lived here would meet them.