what will they be like?
You can't hide the truth forever...
65 Posts
Ooc — Amber
Amber walks in the territory of Blacktail, her head held high with pride. Although she was at the bottom of the pack ranks, the Lambda, she was still part of the pack. A new sensation of happiness swelled up in her. Her mind raced with questions, but one thing was on her mind: meeting her new packmates. She was very curious and anxious to meet them, but she wanted to take things slow. Maybe I should hunt something first? ,she thought. She didn't want to just waltz in without nothing to offer. Besides, she could kill a bit of time, and she really enjoyed the thrill of the hunt. She also knew where the best hunting spots were.

She sniffed the air to pick up a sent. Rabbit. She started moving swiftly. dodging trees and jumping over logs, trying to track down the prey. She finally saw a glimpse of gray in the distance. She flattened herself against the ground and started to creep up on it. Closer, closer. Until she was in pouncing range of the fuzzy creature. She lundged just about missing it by a mouse-length. But the rabbit couldn't run far. She pelted after it and within seconds, she already had the rabbit dangling in her jaws. She dropped the rabbit on the ground and grunted. You run fast, but not fast enough. She grabbed the rabbit in her jaws and started to pinpoint her way back to camp
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
Osprey's decision not to go looking for Atticus had appeared to be set in stone at first, but as the days passed, she didn't feel either relieved or happy. Quite the opposite - the feeling of guilt had grown and didn't give her rest. She avoided Blue willow for now, not wanting to see her sad face and be of no use to comfort, while she herself hadn't come to terms, what to do about the situation. On top of that their last hunt had been another failure in a row and this began to worry her too. Winter was coming, they had no luck and were running out of time.

She was walking through the territories, sniffing the ground and searching for scraps to eat, trying to focus her mind on current issues and stop worrying about the right and wrong things. Noticing a young wolf, sprinting her direction with a freshly caught rabbit in her jaws, seemed like a good opportunity to take her mind off her troubles. Therefore she changed her direction and approached the newcomer. "Hey, who are you?" she called out to the stranger.
65 Posts
Ooc — Amber
Amber stopped and turn to face the wolf. She gave a brief sniff. She smelled of the pack she had just joined. Before speaking, she dropped the rabbit at her heels. "I am Amber, I'm new to the pack." She looked around to see if any other wolves were coming just in case. None that she could see. " I was just hunting before introducing myself," she gave a warm smile, "but I guess that I'll have to do it earlier than intended." She sat down on the floor. Well at least I won't have to worry to much about being attacked. When she was a lone wolf, she couldn't really talk to a wolf like this. It felt great. Everything about this felt great. "What is your name?"
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
The stranger stopped, put down her prey and turned to face Osprey. It turned out that she was a newcomer (and as fate would have it - another grey wolf), who had a pretty name too. Amber - the stone that had captured the sunlight in it. Osprey had never seen one, but had heard stories about it being the most beautiful and mystical of all things, found on the sea-shore by those, who were lucky enough.

"I am Osprey," she introduced herself and swayed her tail in a friendly manner. The other's joy for a reason Osprey didn't know, was hard to resist. "Have you travelled far to get here?" she asked.
65 Posts
Ooc — Amber
Amber nods her head. "Very far." Her paws still ached from her long journey here. "Didn't make it any more easier with all those pesky bears around!" She chuckled a bit. "Or the coyotes!" She never really fancied coyotes or foxes or any other little animal who thought they could snatch up her food. She would give them quite a beating though that's for sure! "So, what are you doing?"
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
Bears and coyotes? If the girl was telling the truth, then she had travelled through some very wild country. Osprey's own journey from the Seahawk valley to Blacktail deer plateau hadn't been of the shortest kind, yet she had been lucky enough not to meet any predators on her way, just their scents and footprints in the snow. A shiver ran down her spine just thinking about a bear lurking somewhere around here - there were few things she was afraid of and unfortunately bears were the ones, who gave her the worst nightmares.

"I was having a walk - been out hunting all morning and I think I deserve rest," she replied, having a mental image of her soft and comfortable den before her eyes. "But in general - I am simply a good pack-mate. No trades and all. What about you - do you excel at something greatly?"
65 Posts
Ooc — Amber
Amber nodded her head. "I'm good at hunting. I've grown nimble on my paws over time." Indeed she has. After all of that running and pouncing on game for her temporary caches she had become a fine hunter. But she didn't want to brag. "Here, you can have this. I don't need anything to eat at the moment," she pawed her rabbit to Osprey, "Besides, you look a bit drowned. You deserve it." She sat down and yawned, not because she was tired, she just felt like it.
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
The new pack mate certainly didn't lack self-confidence. She revealed that she was good at hunting and left an impression that she was proud of it. Osprey smiled inwardly, but didn't comment on this observation at all. She certainly had had more luck today than she had, therefore there was no reason to doubt her skills.

"Save it for a more needy mouth," Osprey declined the gift politely and smiled. She didn't usually accept gifts as this unless she was really sick and unable to fend for herself. At the moment she felt a little hungry, but other than that was pretty fine. Just tired. "Please, tell more about the place you lived before!" she asked, pouncing at the opportunity to hear a good story.
65 Posts
Ooc — Amber
"Are you sure?" she frowned. Her past life wasn't the best life. She was willing to tell little about it, but not in full detail. It bought her a wave of sadness and a feeling that she can't trust anyone. She shifted a bit as she thought of her first memory. A sour memory that made her growl, but under her breath so it was muffled. "It's not the best story..."
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
When Osprey mentioned that Amber should tell more about her former home, she hadn't even considered that this could be an unpleasant topic for her new packmate. The moment the girl's face fell and she became withdrawn from her, Osprey felt a wave of guilt - she drew her ears back and looked away. "You don't have to, if it's nothing pleasant," she reassured the other. "I didn't mean to offend you in any way," she apologized.
65 Posts
Ooc — Amber
[size=xx-small]|Sorry if it's short![/size]

As she saw Osprey sink, she quickly said, "No your not offending me, it's okay." She didn't like it when other wolves around her felt bad. It made her a bit uncomfortable. She changed subject quickly, "What about your life? I'm sure it's more interesting."
1,700 Posts
Ooc — Me
"Well... I disagree - everyone's life-story is interesting. There are no two stories that are the same, therefore it's unique and beautiful," Osprey shared her views. She didn't understand people, who thought that their lives were dull and boring. They simply hadn't done a good and thorough evaluation.

"I was born in a very big family and I probably have relatives on different degrees all over the world," she chuckled, knowing well that it was a little over-exaggeration, yet still close to the truth. Her family was big. "I had a happy childhood - I was surrounded by brothers, therefore I was sort of a tomboy. Can't let them win. I learned to love stories and lore-keeping quite early and at the beginning of the year I made a decision to leave my birthpack and seek my luck elsewhere. So far - it has proven to be a good decision."