Big Salmon Lake I've been itching for destruction
45 Posts
Ooc — Espero
Away
All Welcome 
Moonglow? Moonspear, maybe? :) AW tho!   *Achiving due to lack of response 
Having spent some time resting in the west, chatting with not so local locals, Etephyr decided to head back east and explore her environment. Thirst and frigid air, sapped her mouth and throat of moisture for the past hour of her journey but the sight of a sizable lake in the distance encouraged her legs to hustle. Cresting a hill, Etephyr saw the local fauna partaking in drink. Surely as thirst driven as she. Ete took a moment to watch as doe's drank while their fawns fed, elk laid just the other side, napping in the afternoon sun. What little the sky had to offer. What ignorant peace was bestowed upon the beasts, comfortable, confident of their place in the world. Untethered to the intricate, self inflicted mortal binds. They lived in the moment, whereas she still sulked in the past.

Finding her own place to drink away from the fauna, Ete finally furled her tongue to lap up the icy water, feeling it glide down her throat and into her stomach. With her thirst finally quenched, she searched for a meal within the waters edge, tossing a few pebbles into the water to stimulate curiosity from something below. Etephyr remained deathly still, waiting, watching, for anything. It wasn't long before silver sparkled beneath the waters surface. A salmon. Fixated on the sunken pebble, Ete took the opportunity to part her jaw, ready to lunge. She took a chance, slamming her face into the water and clamping down as hard as she could. She felt a successful snap. Pulling her head from the water, she pulled a heaping mouth full of mud.. with a snapped twig buried in the middle. Etephyr spit, hacked and shook the mud from her maw. "Damn it!" She growled, spitting the final pieces of rock and sand from between her lips.

Feeling the burn of embarrassment, Etephyr slunk away from the waters edge and laid herself in the tall grass. Laying in quiet contemplation, Ete began thinking of her father, she wished he was still alive and here to guide her. Like a little child in a crowd, the grown woman felt meek and lost. Bitter and angry at the world for taking so much but not giving anything but physical and mental scars in return. She wished her mother was there to soothe her to sleep just one night, to feel the peace of peace but wishes never got her anywhere.
There was no use sulking forever. Hauling herself up with a grunt, Etephyr moved on. Wondering where the wind would take her. 
No one ever told me I made sense, so I stopped trying to.
Thread limit (1/2)