Northstar Vale I'm here to take the sky
<div style="padding:25px; font:10px/1.75 Georgia;"><FONT COLOR="#daa520">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#daa52e">m</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dba53b">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dba549">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dba456">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dba464"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#dca371">m</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dca37f">u</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dca38d">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda29a">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda2a8">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda1b5">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda1c3">u</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0d0">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">,</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">h</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">l</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">t</FONT></FONT>
298 Posts
Ooc — Fang
@meeka powerplaying Meeka a little just to setup. If you don't like pm me and I'll edit :3

a babysitter, that's what he was. Although Meeka was hardly an infant she was yet to offer any help in their short adventure. Despite his disdain at being a glorified minder he was enjoying the company, and keeping up his side of their agreement. The hybrid was moving along the edge of the stream, quietly, slowly attempting to stay downwind of any potential quarry. This time rabbits.

it wasn't long before the familiar earthy scent of their pray reached his nose, he quickly stopped, lowering himself. There's something up ahead He almost whispered, like many other times he didn't bother looking to see if the girl was nearby, rather speaking and hoping she could hear. we're downwind, so it shouldn't notice if we're quiet. Quiet, that was the trick, of course he expected an over-excited reaction to scare the potential meal away. They're pretty stupid, but quick, so we want to get close. His low tone continued, this time he waited for her to speak, ask questions, or just generally screw up the hunt.

Speech

17 Posts
Ooc —
I'm fine with it :3

Meeka crept to Fang's side and lowered her body to the ground as he had. She remained quiet as she listened to his hushed voice. She wondered what kind of fearsome creature Fang had tracked down. She remembered seeing some skinny brown cows (deer) grazing in a meadow. She'd tried to chase one down, but they had ended up chasing her away instead. Wild cows were much meaner than their domesticated counterparts. Maybe with Fang's help, she'd get a chance to bring one down today.

A little rabbit bounced out of the undergrowth, his little nose twitching in the most adorable way as he sniffed the air. Meeka stifled an excited squeal. She loved bunnies; they were just the cutest things with their long ears and oversized hind paws and especially their constantly twitching noses. She wondered if wild rabbits were as friendly as the pet bunnies she had known back home.

Her heart sank into her stomach when she put 2 and 2 together: this was the prey they'd been tracking.

"We're going to eat that cute little bunny rabbit?" She asked, a horrified espression on her face.
<div style="padding:25px; font:10px/1.75 Georgia;"><FONT COLOR="#daa520">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#daa52e">m</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dba53b">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dba549">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dba456">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dba464"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#dca371">m</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dca37f">u</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dca38d">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda29a">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda2a8">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda1b5">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda1c3">u</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0d0">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">,</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">h</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">l</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">t</FONT></FONT>
298 Posts
Ooc — Fang
Greeted with a look of horror, the realisation that they were stalking a rabbit dawned on the smaller hybrid. Gold eyes looked over her for a moment before speaking "You didn't expect to take down a deer or something did you?" he shook his head slightly! it was easy enough the small prey was only a short distance in front of them and for the moment seemingly oblivious.

"You can try taking the rabbit, or you can try and eat grass. You won't live long though. he shifted his weight, if she wasn't going for it! he would. That's all there was to it.
17 Posts
Ooc —
Meeka looked back at the bunny, watching as he nibbled on a blade of grass. She knew she couldn't survive on vegetation, like he could. She wouldn't be able to live off scraps alone, either. Meeka knew she would have to kill something to sustain herself. But why did it have to be something so cute?

The hungry wolf dog concentrated hard. Instead of a cute fluffy bunny, she imagined herself looking at a big juicy steak. Her mouth began to water, and her reservations about killing the critter started to disappear. Suddenly, she couldn't restrain herself any longer. She needed to eat.

She burst from her cover, barking ferociously at the bewildered rabbit. The poor thing was so startled, it dashed headfirst into a tree, stunning it long enough for Meeka to catch it. She shook the prey violently, sending little tufts of fur flying in all directions. When the body went limp, she dropped it on the ground.

She looked down at the lifeless body at her paws. Strangely, she didn't feel guilt, only elation. She bounded over to Fang, her tail wagging so hard her whole body swayed along with it. "I did it, Fang! I did it!"
298 Posts
Ooc — Fang

Soon enough self preservation and natural instinct took over and the dark girl was off like a lightning bolt. Fang was no professional hunter, offering little critique in her ability to chase down the admittedly stupid prey, however successful she was. Soon enough she'd returned, the obvious exclamations of her victory causing him to laugh. Yes, yes you did. chiming in between the chuckle.

He picked himself up and moved towards her dropped kill. Might as well eat it before someone or something comes along to steal it from you. And of course, if she was going to wine about it being a cute little defenceless creature, that someone or something might be him. You seemed to do well enough, But be careful, not everything is going to concuss itself on a tree for you.

Speech

17 Posts
Ooc —
Meeka gazed down at the still form of her prey. What was she supposed to do with it now? Was she supposed to eat the fur, too? She tore little tufts of fur away from the body, exposing bare skin. She hesitated before taking a bite. What if rabbit meat tasted nasty, and she didn't like it?

There was only one way to know for sure. Meeka took a bite out of the leg, chewing cautiously at first. "Mmm!" She mumbled approvingly. She went in for another bite, wolfing it down with enthusiasm. "I'll never go back to brown pebbles again!"

"Do you want a bite?" She offered Fang.