Ouroboros Spine take your time
77 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Winder had taken his time coming from the bay to the spine. He saw no need to rush, as he had given the woman three moons before she could release their deal. Eventually, though, the spy sought out the pack and through some speaking with the locals, deemed that he had found the correct one. The month of stalling had given him time to formulate his plan as to how this would work, although, depending on how simple these creatures were, it could be even easier than he had originally thought.

Standing well outside their claim, Sidewinder lifted his chin and let his voice call out in its melodic tone for somebody to greet their latest recruit. Gaining entrance would be easy, he had no doubt about that.
Mara has some light scars on her flank from a recent battle as well as a light limp on her right forepaw.
165 Posts
Ooc — Dakotah
Mara started a little when she heard the harmonic song of a wolf ring out close to her. Her hackles raised a little bit in protection of her new pack. She wanted to make a good impression on the leaders and letting strange wolves just wander about right outside their territory was not the way to do it.

The stern look on her face felt odd to the yearling as she stalked through the trees towards the source of the howl. The setting sun reached her pelt and turned it from dark rust to a flaming scarlet color. She spotted a large white wolf a good distance away from the border. Maybe he meant no harm, but Mara wasn't going to risk it. She walked into the wolf's range of view, still standing within her own borders.

She let out a sharp bark in his direction. In her old home she had dealt with strange wolves on their borders but this time it was different. This time was not a test.

"Hey you! You called?" she questioned in a slight northern accent, her grey eyes glimmering in a distinct contrast to her red fur.
77 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Thanks for joining!

His call was answered with a sharp bark and a question. Immediately, Winder slid to the ground, his tail curling beneath him and his ears pinned to his skull. Golden eyes did not lift from her feet, even though she was still relatively far away. First impressions were key, this much Sidewinder knew. “I did,” he replied, voice silky-smooth and confident as always. It was one of the many things he had been taught during his upbringing. Never allow your voice to falter.

“I seek a place in your pack,” he said, answering her next question before she had a chance to ask it. He did not wish to beat around the bush. This was the place, and while she did not fit the description of whom he was looking for, he would have all the time in the world to meet those who resided here... once he had gained entrance.
"Just because something isn't a lie does not mean that it isn't deceptive. A liar knows that he is a liar, but one who speaks mere portions of truth in order to deceive is a craftsman of destruction."
485 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Don't mind me, just doing my Beta job. > w >

He was going to visit Cara, to give his Frost Queen the news of his latest excursion, but he paused at the sound of a howl. A voice unfamiliar, calling for wolves to meet him. A recruit? The assassin changed his course and ran to the border where the howl sounded from.

He was beaten however by the red-furred female he had met in Neverwinter. The assassin flinched at the girl's friendly tone towards the aspiring Spine wolf. He was used to Jinx's code of threatening those who dared come close to the borders. He would have to enforce that to her later.

Kaname approached the pair, tail held high, icy eyes surveying the golden-eyed male. "You wish to join us?" he hissed softly, standing above the male's prostrate form. "What is your name?"

Mara has some light scars on her flank from a recent battle as well as a light limp on her right forepaw.
165 Posts
Ooc — Dakotah
I don't know if I worded it wrong but her voice was supposed to be cold and sharp, I thought the 'sharp bark' part would give it away but :3 but ya, her tone wasn't friendly xD

Kaname, her beta and the wolf she had met in Neverwinter came up behind her and she immediately took a step back and lowered her head and tail to him. She watched as Kaname asked the same question she was going to ask before he arrived. Maybe she had been doing an okay job after all. Mara smiled a little at the thought.
77 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Winder remained in his submissive position, meek and yielding, despite his large physique. Another wolf had approached, his stance even more authoritative and demanding. Questions were asked, and Sidewinder nodded eagerly to the first one. "Sidewinder Numitor, sir," he replied to the second query. The Numitor had given nobody his name yet, sans this one. Life was easier if he reserved his names not for those who sought his services, but for those who were the target of his own questions.

"I am a skilled healer," he added, licking his lips. "And I'm good at keeping track of what's going on in other packs, should it concern you." Though he did not know it, the wolves in these parts would call him an outrider. He traveled often to lands afar, seeking information (and occasionally using it to his advantage).
"Just because something isn't a lie does not mean that it isn't deceptive. A liar knows that he is a liar, but one who speaks mere portions of truth in order to deceive is a craftsman of destruction."
485 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Excuse my lateness, Marching Band is the bane of my (social life's) existence

Kaname eyed him with piercing blue eyes for a moment. A healer? They could certainly use that, especially with Sitri's injuries. And outriders...they had plenty, but they could always use more. The assassin opened his maw to answer, giving him the leave to join their pack. "An outrider, we call those who go out and keep an eye on other packs. Or a spy, depending on who you talk to." He said, unbeknowingly. He was suspicious, but he kept that to himself. He was always suspicious. "Nonetheless, we could use you here in Ouroboros. Welcome, Sidewinder."
77 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
No worries! Thanks for replying. Skipping Mara since she's gone inactive.

The female slipped away, leaving Sidewinder alone with the larger male wolf. Sidewinder made no change of expression when the dark wolf spoke of spies. Doing as much would give him away, no doubt. “Thank you,” he replied, moving forward to lick the chin of his new superior. The dark wolf's name had not been given, but Winder did not ask for it. This one did not match the description of the one he was looking for.

“Is there anything you’d ask of me?” questioned Sidewinder, glancing around him as if he expected a task to appear out of thin air. Winder was not unfamiliar with pack life, even if it was not really his strong suit. He knew that pleasing his leaders was of the utmost importance.
485 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
We should probably fade right here!

The Beta accepted the customary chin lick almost stoically, as befitted his rank. When the male slunk back, eyes flitting about as he asked if there was a task needed to be fulfilled. Kaname shook his head, besides hunting, they really had not much to be done. "For now, you can familiarize yourself with the territory. I'll gladly give you a tour." He turned, gesturing for the new subordinate to follow before heading off into the foliage.
77 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sounds good!

Wanting to appease his new leader, Sidewinder set off hot on his heels. He would learn about this new land, the wolves who lived within it, and whether or not the beast lived here that he was looking for. If the white-eyed creature did live here, Winder would report back to the she-wolf who sought him. And if not, he would remain the winter here. Because as much as being tied to a pack was not his way of life, he knew that he must endure if he wished to survive the cold that the following months would bring.

He spent the rest of the day exploring his home, even after Kaname had finished giving him the grand tour. When finally the sun began to set and shroud the spine in darkness, Winder found himself curling tightly atop a bed of leaves, sleep coming easy for him.