Redhawk Caldera something wicked
incautious red wrecking ball amwelles · amwelles
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
This occurs while Peregrine is away, visiting Finley in BDP. Come defend RHC!

Fox was frustrated. Yes, that was the right word. She could not exactly be angry with Peregrine, if only because her devotion to him was too strong. He was her lifelong partner, and she would do anything she could to keep him happy, but gods knew he was pushing it right now. Sure, she had not been fond of Lasher for quite some time, but Peregrine had loved him, and then he had turned around and treated him like a piece of shit. Then he had done the same to her in a matter of minutes. It burned through the girl's core, and she could not even discuss it with him, because he left no room for discussion. Not only that, but he was off visiting Finley, and she was here, manning the fort while he went and did whatever the fuck he wanted to. Fox snorted angrily, slapping a paw against the cold earth.

She tried to look on the bright side of things. Tried to find the parts of her life that were going particularly well at that moment, as she stalked the border in an effort to keep away wandering intruders. Her injuries had all but healed. Her rib, while still occasionally uncomfortable, did not feel like it was about to fall off every time she ran, walked, or relaxed on her side.

It was evening, and she was only planning to be out for a few minutes more. That is, until she caught a familiar scent that made her hackles immediately raise to their fullest extent. "Cougar," she thought immediately, flashes of her former fight with one. A few steps forward, and the next thing she knew, Fox was being smacked to the ground, the hellish sound of the demon cat filling her ears as it attacked her.
Pregnancy timeline (RHC members only)
Oh, me and the Sun? We're cool. He's a chill dude, for the most part. Don't get on his nerves though; he gets pretty heated.
273 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
◆Because no reason, ♥ ◆

Ashton hadn't even contemplated what he's was gonna do today. He had already made the little medicines he needed, the little trivialities that weren't necessary, and the occasional 'feel good fast'....
For migraines and um.. stomach aches, of course? ..

But having a nice little adventure would be nice. Ever since he went caving with the Alpha, the golden teen felt a bit more at ease in the sweety lands.
Everything was pretty chill for the...
Nope. Never mind.

He rounded a nice little rocky corner of a cliff face, when he saw an oddly funny lookin chunk of it dislodge, and sail right into the fire babe he had met when first trotting into the Caldera.
Rocks don't make weird noises like that, do they?
Pretty damn sure they didn't grow tails either, nor launch another fallout with. ...
Ah hell.

"Hold on, Foxy Fire, I'm on my way!"

The golden dude hadn't run in seemingly years, but it sure did seem like he was a track star, as he bulleted towards his ember embroided leader lady.
Sound the super hero music.
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
It was only the night before that Peregrine had accepted Elwood into the pack. The alpha had taken a few moments to tell the newest pack member about the other wolves that he would be residing with, including his mate and co-alpha, Fox. Elwood had listened intently, making mental notes and soaking up the information like a sponge. He was excited to start this new chapter in his life, not to mention nervous.

He had spent the first night at the base of a tree on the lower slope of the caldera. However, he only managed a few hours of sleep and was up at the break of dawn. He began familiarizing himself with his new home, taking it all in with his ears, eyes, and nose.

Already, the day was coming to a close as night settled over the dormant volcano. Elwood was making his way back to "his" tree when the sound of a scuffle drew him away. He followed the noise and soon encountered a dangerous sight: a cougar was attacking a small, fiery female. Elwood's heart leapt into his throat, but he didn't allow himself time to second guess his actions; instead, he flung himself into the fray, alongside a second wolf. He did not recognize either of them, but that didn't matter. He managed to land a hefty paw square on the big cat's snout, deterring it from its attack for just a second.
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
Thanks for joining!

The wild cat had merely been protecting a meal that Fox had not yet smelled on the air. It was an unlucky turn of events, that much she knew. When the cat's paw had smacked her square on the side of the head, it had left a gouged a rather nasty cut from her left ear to her snout, just barely missing her eye. She yelped in pain, feeling the hot blood trickle down her face, and yet she did not crumple into a pile of hurt. Instead, she flung herself back into the fury, taking a few minor cuts as the cat's claws and teeth wailed on her.

Thankfully, her pack-mates (at least two of them) heard the scuffle and came to her aid. Ashton was first, flinging himself at the cat, and next was a wolf she'd not even met. The strange male was quick to be of help, doing his part to pry the cat off and away from her. The cougar, realizing the odds were no longer in its favor, quickly retreated, darting off into the darkness and leaving Fox, Ashton, and the newbie panting and heaving in its wake. Fox ran her tongue along her lip, and winced at the sting that came with that action. “Don’t go after it,” she commanded, leaving no room for argument. “How bad are you hurt?” she asked them both.
Oh, me and the Sun? We're cool. He's a chill dude, for the most part. Don't get on his nerves though; he gets pretty heated.
273 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
◆not a prob. W_^V ◆

The sunny teen watched with a fiece look gilding his fearful heart. His only concern was to keep the amber Alphess from being ambushed by the big ol' puss again. Seeing it turn tail and flee at the notice of yet another lupine flying into view and not the least bit late, Ash almost panted in relief. But to assess the health of the Alpha girl.

"Yea, im chill. The real question is what can I do ta get your face back up and pretty again, missy."

Despite the calm and attempted nonchalant façade he was throwing, Ashton was keeping his shivers inside.
That was a cougar.
It could have killed them.

Turning to the newest recruit of the Caldera, the golden hippie gave him an appreciative emerald nod.

"Dude, you're rad. Keep popping up like that for her, and I just might mistake you for her shadow. Names Ashton. Thanks for helping out. You put a faster paw in than I did, and I admire you for that, bro."
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
The scuffle was over almost as quickly as it had begun. Once the cougar was outnumbered, it withdrew, though not before nicking Elwood's hindquarters with its claws as it retreated. He gritted his teeth as pain seared through his haunches, and took a few steps after the big cat's receding figure. More important than chasing it down, though, was making sure that its original victim was okay. Even as he turned back to her, she commanded that neither he nor the other male wolf go after it, and the new delta nodded obediently.

"Not too bad," he said in response to her query, curving his body to the left in order to look at the scratches on his rump. They weren't deep, though his fur was matted with blood and would need cleaning. As he turned back to the group, the blonde wolf thanked Elwood and introduced himself as Ashton. "I'm Elwood. Glad to help," he replied with a small smile, returning his gaze to the female. He wasn't 100% certain, but he was willing to bet this was Fox, the alpha female -- she seemed to match Peregrine's description. "Are you alright?" he asked, concern furrowing his brow.
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
Thankfully, neither Ashton nor Elwood (who introduced himself promptly) disobeyed her order. To do so would mean death. Ashton had managed to make it out completely unscathed, though a quick visual inspection made Fox realize that Elwood had not been quite so lucky. At the very least, he had some gashes on his hindquarters, and Fox would see to it that they were cleaned sooner rather than later. Nothing put a wolf down quicker than an infection. It was probably the only bit of healing wisdom that Fox both knew and believed in.

“Fox,” she replied once Elwood had introduced himself. It was only proper to return the favor. When he asked if she was okay, she licked the left side of her lip and tasted the metallic blood that now covered it. The sting was definitely there, and Fox knew it would not be comfortable for quite some time. Still, it wasn't life-threatening, and it wouldn't impede her movement like the tumble down the mountain had. “I’ve been worse,” she said, blinking before turning to Ashton.
273 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
Studying her face, he unknowingly took more of a professional mentality, it becoming apparent very much so in his usually carefree and jovial mood.

"Hmmm, watch my paw, miss fireball, and keep your eyes on it. Gotta make sure that hardcore scratch didn't screw with any of the chords connecting muscles to the major parts of your lower eye. "

Holding up a blond paw, the soon to be doctor waved it slowly infront of the lady leaders face, hoping she complied. If anything, he rather not her have any twitches up by her face while she slept, or any tamperings with the healing muscles could worsen the pain, damage more of the muscle, and provide her with the inability to sleep or function visually , comfortably.
Adding a bit of a joke while he was attempting the exam with her, he placed a smirk on his sandy lips.

"And yea, I've seen you in worse conditions, Foxy. "

Turning to the new blood, the hippie sent a grin to him, but kept his voice in its same chill way it was before.

"What about you, Electric El, ya need some stuff for ya fluff? It would burn bad if we lost a member to infection or gangrene. "
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
Elwood's assumption was correct - it was the alpha female who had been initially attacked by the cougar. He would always be glad to help a packmate, but now he was especially thankful that he had been given the opportunity to intervene. He watched as Ashton examined Fox's face, moving one sandy paw in front of her eyes to make sure there had been no damage to her vision.

The other wold then turned his attention to Elwood, promptly giving him a nickname which caused him to grin. Electric El -- he kind of liked the sound of that. He glanced again at his own rump, then swung his hindquarters toward Ashton. "Yeah, maybe we can just clean it," he said, eyeing the bloody fur. "Medicine isn't my forte," he admitted, though it seemed that Ashton had some experience in the field.
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
Holy snaps, is that Kim who used to play Chakra?! Do you still live in Apex? I think that was you...

When Ashton waved his paw in front of her face, Fox rolled her eyes. Clearly she was conscious and able to move around. That alone, she felt, should have granted her the clear (in her opinion). Nevertheless, Ash didn't seem terribly satisfied that her face wasn't going to fall off, along with her eyeball. “I’m sure I'll be just fine,” she said, batting him away with her front foot so she could get a closer look at Elwood. Fox wanted to make sure that his first action in Redhawk Caldera wasn't to die at her feet.

Elwood mentioned that medicine wasn't his forte, along with the notion that keeping it clean was the best course of action. Fox couldn't agree more, and she immediately felt that they were going to get along just fine. When he swung his bum toward Ashton, Fox couldn't help herself. She snickered loudly at El's behavior, perhaps from the stress of the cougar, but mostly because watching Elwood shake his booty at Ashton was rather amusing.
273 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
Seeing that one patient was impatient at the routine made Ash that much more worried. With studying foresty gems, he kept his stare closer on the flow of blood from her face, gauging the amount that continued to flow, judging how fast the wound would clot up, the range percentile of possible infection, and aggravations that could come with possible nerve damage.

It was going all doctorly well, when the rear of the newly dubbed electric bub was sooon within view.
My, my.

"Well, I'll be seeing ya sooner than later, Fire Babe. A butt needs assistance. But meanwhile, please keep tabs on your facial blood loss. I gotta few webs and milkweed that'll fix it right up. "

The golden dude kept his vibrant orbs between the two lupines.

"I'll be at my den. If you two need any meds, I'll be at my den. "
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
OOC: Yes and yes, that's me! :D We can wrap up here or continue, whatever you guys want to do!

IC: Elwood hadn't intended for his action to be humorous, but when Fox broke out into laughter behind him, he couldn't help but chuckle as well. It did appear that he was shaking his rump right in Ashton's face, and he even gave it a playful wiggle. The medic didn't seem to be concerned about his injuries, so Elwood was content to clean it himself. If the pain persisted or if he suspected infection, he would surely seek out his "psychedelic" new friend.

"Thanks, Ashton," he said, still smiling. They were lucky that the whole ordeal had ended on a positive note, and though he hadn't expected to be welcomed to the pack with such excitement, he was glad to have met both Ashton and Fox.
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
We should most definitely get together and grab a beer or coffee sometime! I've been living right down the street from you (in Cary) since May. Gimme a holler if you're interested! You'd only be the 4th or 5th wolf person I've met IRL. <__<

Fox would not allow anybody to go around touching her face. Especially in its current condition. She might let Peregrine clean it, but anything else was going to be a real struggle for whoever was trying to "help" her. She just didn't believe in the healing mumbo jumbo. Ashton excused himself (repeating himself in the process), and Elwood did the same soon after. Fox could steel feel her blood pumping quickly through her veins, even though the mood had toned down considerably.

She still had Peregrine and Finley to worry about, and she was still the only warden on duty with her mate gone. The red alpha did not return to her den, instead taking the time to do another sweep of the borders, eyes, ears, and nose alert for any oddities.
273 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
◆I just realized I had ash repeat his location twice in the same speech. Smdh I was sleepy, and hungry and tired, gimme some slack. xD Last post from meh. He'll apparently be at his den. ◆

The yellow pelted teen laughed a melodic chuckle at the face of the alphess, along with the rump dance of his new compadre.
Nice, friends.

Speaking of which, what happened to that Finley babe? She just took his pom poms and pommed her furry little pom outta there. He'd have to pay her a visit.

And without further ado, thats what he set out to do.