Sea Lion Shores the bear truth
So they shipped me off to the orphanage, said "ditch those roots if you wanna fit in".
182 Posts
Ooc — summer

Onyx had gone to Wheeling Gull Isle the day before. She'd found that no wolves were left. The scents she had managed to find were fading and old. They must of split apart after Ypres passed. Weirder yet, Ypres's body was no longer on the shore nestled between the rocks. Onyx had come back to the coast, glad that at least Ypres hadn't suffered long, in fact Ypres's death had been quick.

Onyx was now on the coast hunting. She had two seagulls already in her jaws, and was looking to catch a third. A rather dim-witted old gull sat on the shore staring off into the ocean. She slowly and stealthily crept towards it. She leaped and slammed down on it's spine. It began to flap its wings wildly before it died moments later. She gathered all three seagulls into her jaws and laid down. She put the seagulls on the ground in front of her wondering which one she should eat.
8 Posts
Ooc — Natalie
Observing the dark colored wolf from a far distance away, the black bear squinted at the sight of it hunting. The advantage of being a pack animal, and this little lady was still picking off the small fries. Still, her technique roused his curiosity. Though perhaps, had he stomped on a few bird spines he figured they would end up more like feathery pancakes. Hers were a bit more put together, though limp was he watched her placed them down and pause. Whatever she was hesitating about Jackson didn't seem too concern with, taking it as his cue to come closer.

A few mutts gathered together might have had him considering other options, but he was sure she was alone, the smell of wolf on this spit of land only existed as a faint wisp of a reminder. He approached boldly, a long grunt winding from his throat as he sauntered forward seeing if she would tuck her tail between her legs and flee all nicelike.
So they shipped me off to the orphanage, said "ditch those roots if you wanna fit in".
182 Posts
Ooc — summer
She felt heavy pawsteps on the ground. Onyx heard a low long grunt of some kind behind her. She whirled around, and her stomcah did a flop. Stay calm stay calm stay calm Her jaws pulled apart in a silent shocked scream. "Ahh- hhah- hhhh..." She said, it was about to continue into a audible scream but she tried to contain it. She gulped hard and picked up the three gulls, backing up a bit. "Uhhhh-hhhuh... H-Hello the-there..." She trembled in front of the huge powerful creature. "[size=small]Sir[/size]..." She added quietly to the end.
8 Posts
Ooc — Natalie
She sure looked like she'd been struck dumb, but she still had enough sense to snatch those buggers with her. Tilting his head for a moment, Jackson surveyed their surroundings. Yep, she was definitely going this alone, and there wasn't too much in the options for escape, what with the sea behind her and the coast stretched out for a few good miles. And she wasn't about to out run him, not with those in her mouth. Still, this whole act of hesitation on her part, it did serve to him feel a tad bit guilty.

Maybe it was the way she tried to address him all formal like. What's all this sir nonsense? Jackson grumbled with a huff. He'd been ready for the fire, a spit about his weight or something before the mutt took off, he definitely hadn't expected all these... manners. What game are you playin'? I'll tell you what right now, I ain't ever been tricked by no fox. So I ain't about to have you take me for a loop if that's what you're tryin'.
182 Posts
Ooc — summer
Honestly Onyx expected him to snarl and roar in her face before tearing her to shreds. "It's not nonsense. I'm not playing a game Sir. I just wanted to address you formally." She was surprised at how easy it was to talk to him if he wasn't gonna attack her. She put the seagulls down so she could talk, but she was careful to hold them under her paw tightly, so that he couldn't steal them. She didn't know what he was like yet.
8 Posts
Ooc — Natalie
Honey, you can try to sweet talk me deaf, but we both know what I'm after. The bear continued, obviously not quite convinced by the wolf's attempt at conversation. You move slow and leave 'em and ain't nobody gotta get rough, yeah? He wasn't the type to run up and smack her clean away from the kill, not without some warning. But this was business all the same to Jackson, winter was coming up fast and being from the Southern corner of the states he wouldn't hibernate long--but he would hibernate, and before that happened he needed to fill up with what he could.
182 Posts
Ooc — summer
Onyx indeed knew what he was after. Her paw tightened around the gulls. "You can have two if you like.." She said. She wanted to be kind, but she couldn't give him all the prey. If she was gonna be a Gameskeeper she'd have to keep her prey( except if a bear confronted her). She lifted her paw and pushed forward two of the gulls. One was a young strong gull, or at least had been, the other was the older one she'd just caught. She held a healthy adult under her paw. And she would do her best to keep her fair share.

edit: not sure what he's like, but i wanted to add that you're allowed to hurt her, but no bone-breaking or anything like that.