Ankyra Sound Half a league, half a league
Loner
V O L C A N O
16 Posts
Ooc — Van
All Welcome 
i read somewhere that a certain someone wanted to be the one to find a linn-daughter @Suzu - no obligation to join, AW otherwise <3

The closer Stelmaria came to the sound, the more she began to recognize the titanic wall of trees looming in the distance. That unequivocally haunting silhouette of the sequoia wood sheltering this stretch of the coast had been seared into her brain; taken from a polaroid snapped on the day she and her sister had parted ways with their father.

“Those woods there,” he had said. She remembered his voice, the way he had gestured, the long hour they spent watching the sun rise over the sound. She remembered their last embrace. She remembered looking for him over her shoulder as they walked away and feeling his eyes watching after them even after they had gone from sight.

She had never been inside the territory, however, and the experience of venturing into it for the first time was wholly her own.

Stelmaria peered about her surroundings, walking slowly along the worn deer-paths as she took in the monolithic godtrees with a subdued awe.
Loner
335 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Suzu searched the beach that wound away in a crook to the South of the cliffs, looking for any sign that Astera might have kept herself afloat long enough to drift a bit on the riptide, and then find her way to shore in calmer waters. The white-caps on the water fooled her every time she saw one rise, thinking it might be the girl still bobbing above the waves. 

Long trails of seafoam left on the shore all had to be searched as well, though she loathed the thought of digging through the foam only to find a body. She whined softly as she trailed along, investigating driftwood and piles of kelp for any sign of her sister. Not even a tuft of her fur showed up. 

There was a chance perhaps, if she had come to the beach earlier, she might have roved back toward the woodlands. This was, after all, the place where Astera had been found- and she'd mentioned something about a den in the woods. Had the girl recognized the beach and gone to search for her birthplace in order to find her way home? 

Suzu was beginning to lose hope when she heard the sound of pawsteps moving through the forest. "Ello? Astera?" She called out, peering through the trees.
Loner
V O L C A N O
16 Posts
Ooc — Van
feel free to assume Suzu recognizes her name (:

There was a sharp call ahead, tinged with hope, if not desperation. It felt almost shameful to respond negatively. Afraid not, Stelmaria made the rueful correction, padding into view to greet the searching she-wolf. The other young lady was soft-looking and plump, her fur the color of pale loam — beautiful to the discerning Eyjolfur. I'm Stelmaria.

Her tail waved slow with friendliness, though she remained mindful of the wolf's present situation. Missing someone?
Loner
335 Posts
Ooc — Jess
The figure that appeared lifted Suzu's hopes for a moment. The first glimpse of silver fur had her catch her breath- only to have her heart fall when she realized the other wolf's markings were different, and that this wasn't Astera at all. It had been a shot in the dark, and she sighed softly, exhaling the breath that had hovered in her chest for a moment. 

"I'm sorry, I-" She began, but froze. 

Stelmaria.

"Wait, what?" She blurted, her tone almost accusatory. Her ears flicked back, flattening for a moment as she searched the woman's features. Bit by bit, she pieced together the few descriptions she had been given, and within a second, the flicking of her eyes settled back into the woman's calm, familiar eyes and her ears perked forward. 

"You are Stelmaria? You are Stelmaria?" She demanded, taking a step closer. Her tail had lifted in surprise, but now began to wave faintly. "Stelmaria Eyjolfur?" She asked again, hardly able to believe her luck. 

She might not have found the wolf she had been looking for- but she'd found another one on her list.
Loner
V O L C A N O
16 Posts
Ooc — Van
Stelmaria’s head was forced back a little in surprise. She blinked for a moment, slowly regaining her composure as it occurred to her how this complete stranger might know her.

Yes, she rejoined, the corner of her mouth upturning. Who are you? I take it you’ve met my father. The pace of her waving tail quickened, and she boldly brushed forward, gliding alongside the plush she-wolf so that their pelts touched as she inhaled wafts of her warm, seasalted scent. She circled her with unabashed interest and teased her fur with a curious and inviting nose.
Loner
335 Posts
Ooc — Jess
She squealed, bouncing on the spot when the woman confirmed her identity. Thus far, Suzu had found two stray children, and had brought them home with her- and now, she had found one of the daughters that Svalinn had been waiting for, for- how long had it been, now? He practically haunted Ankyra Sound, contributing to the pack's wellbeing as he did so (acting as an extension of their own guard) and it had all been for the return of his daughters. 

"Yes!" She said. "He 'as been waiting for you for a dog's age!" She said. "'E is well, you should know," She assured the woman as they brushed against one another. She had no reason to be unfamiliar with the woman- not when she had been so sought after for so long. "You must come an' see 'im, will you?" She asked.
Loner
V O L C A N O
16 Posts
Ooc — Van
The seawolf trilled with delight, a mood that passed infectiously unto Stelmaria, who in turn seemed to radiate waves of bliss. She thought warmly of Svalinn, who’s softer side she knew well. Despite her father’s faults, and the contentious dissolution of his marriage with their mother, he had always been there for his girls.

That is good to hear, she breathed. I know it was hard for him to let me and my sister go off on our own. She smiled through a memory of that tearful day.

As for going to see him... I will reunite with him soon, but not yet. I plan to spy on him for a bit when he visits this place, see for myself how he is before he knows I am here. She went on to convince the seawolf to keep the secret of her arrival until she was ready to reunite with Svalinn on her own terms.