Silverlight Terrace it's unbelievable
Loner
245 Posts
Ooc — bee
All Welcome 
tags for ref :)

even with @dreven's insistence at her rest and recovery, she pressed on alongside him. atka did not want to remain in the hinterlands, it felt like the mountain pass was a barricade they had to cross. it was a childish anxiety, and now her weakened limb ached with the cold and usage. she chewed the flora that remained intact with the light dusting of snow, any plant that she knew could do something to ease the persistent throb.

the rolling hills were a pleasant change, the air felt nicer here, less still than where the pair had journeyed through prior. she longed for the coast once more, the feeling of moisture settling around her and the briny air whipping her face.
[Image: dcm9zur-d3aafd96-e9dd-475b-8fff-3c9c9da5...N13Rk97sII]
Moontide
Beta*
722 Posts
Ooc — Lepos
Experimentally Heph explored to the south once more, a new place she had not seen for all that she had become familiar with the woods that separated Moontide from Moonspear. But though she ranged those territories and let herself explore new paths and old she eventually came to a place she ahd only glancingly passed through prior. A scent. So far from Raventhorpe though she knew that this wolf had not been seen there for some time. She tilted her head up, finding it difficult to follow in the breeze. And she let out a howl.
Loner
245 Posts
Ooc — bee
the voice that carried through the wilds was one that she knew. atka’s ears straightened towards the howl immediately, a pause to her steps. following the noise wouldn’t take her too far from dreven; she set her path towards it with haste, her damaged leg barely dragged.

she stopped and tilted her head up to give her own howl. the scent the wind took to akta’s nose was one that only made her eyes cloud. her pulse heightened, her tail waving behind her as she closed in on her track.
Moontide
Beta*
722 Posts
Ooc — Lepos
Heph approached, seeing her oldest friend there once again and her ears pricked forward. Her tail spinning behind her she ran to give the other wolf an embrace. "Atka!" A wide grin. It was rather funny she had always considered herself more of a wanderer but it seemed that instead it was Atka who liked to roam far and wide and she wanted to hear everything. "How have you been?" She asked, stepping back and giving her space to breathe once more. Something in the gate of the other wolf seemed off but perhaps it had just been the time.
Loner
245 Posts
Ooc — bee
she'd never forgotten heph's embrace, the shape of it. atka breathed in her scent, reminded of the time they'd traveled together. it seemed so long ago now. her tail waved behind her, and she was overjoyed to see her friend again. she showered her friend with affection before pulling away. her ears turned away, lowering as heph brought the question forward.

❝oh heph,❞ a pensive smiled was faced towards the familiar brown eyes. ❝it was... a hard season.❞

atka's brows furrowed as she tried to hold her gentle expression.

❝i lost them-❞ the steady wag of her tail came to a stop. ❝and dreven and i were separated for a time.❞

she didn't even know where to start, last heph had seen her she'd had life in her womb.

❝when he found me it was- well... we're together now.❞ her eyes were nothing short of drowning. 

heph marked the start of her life in atka's mind. the gentle soul that walked with her when she'd freshly escaped her family's harm. she was what the young woman needed for the time, and here she was again. the time they spent together was short, but atka's love held no deadline.
Moontide
Beta*
722 Posts
Ooc — Lepos
Heph held on, squeezing at the mention of what had transpired during her time away. They had come to the wildsa round the same time, both leaving their old lives and families behind (however fitting or ill fitting the term) and though life had taken them in different directions she was beginning to realize that it did not diminish the time when they saw each other again. "I'm so sorry Atka. I'm glad you're together again." She said, warm and strong.

Though she did not wish to press with unsolicited advice she wanted her friend to know that whatever challenges she and Dreven faced as they settled again they were not alone nor were they without friends. "If you ever need anything Moontide is just to the north of here and both of you would be welcome. Your old back Hjolderfel has changed its name to Raventhorpe and moved territory to the south of their old holdings." Perhaps Atka already knew it had been a move long in the planning but she hoped that Raventhorpe would receive her once again if that was where she wished to go even if Asovoria was gone.
Loner
245 Posts
Ooc — bee
she blinked rapidly hoping to dispel the tears that she fought.

❝moontide- is it welcome to strangers?❞ atka inquired, quietly.

she wasn't sure how dreven would feel. the both of them were unsure how their previous pack would take to their return. abandonment is surely what it seemed like without the awareness of what had happened. atka had heard of the moon tribes, but truly knew nothing of the pack.
Moontide
Beta*
722 Posts
Ooc — Lepos
Heph nodded, mirroring in part the hushed tones though not withdrawing her closeness. "Yes it is. And you and Dreven aren't strangers." For all that she had not seen Atka in awhile she trusted in her friend and Dreven too. Whatever had happened to them was no fault of their own and to have them close once again would strangely feel like a continuation of all that time ago when it looked like she might join the Hearthwood.
Loner
245 Posts
Ooc — bee
probably going to set up a slightly backdated thread nearby moontide if thats okay? also atka is likely going to have puppies, would it be required of her to discuss this with moontide's leaders?

she smiled, the pressure encasing her troubled mind eased. lightness to her limbs and an airy feeling followed heph's obscure welcome.

❝i will speak with dreven. heph you-❞ atka paused, mouth agape for a moment as her brows twisted in thought. ❝you are family to me.❞

she let out a shaky sigh, hoping to release the heaviness on her chest with her breath. heph was a kind-hearted individual. she did not let their friendship diminish with time or unanswered questions.
Moontide
Beta*
722 Posts
Ooc — Lepos
Atka's smile lightened Heph's own thudding heart, heavy with worry and she returned it gladly. Time would help Atka and Dreven and Moontide was as safe a place as any. There was no certainty in the world but she would be glad to have the other wolf close again and hopefully whatever had happened could fade with time. "And I intend to keep it that way, you're my family too." She had been lucky coming to the wilds and finding wolves to hold close. Rodyn and Atka and perhaps even Dreven too.

Her grin widened. "Let's find something to eat, a strong wind looks like it could sweep you off your feet and where would that leave Dreven?" A punch of laughter though light-hearted for she had missed the dark furred wolf as well.

that sound sgood to me! Yes Atka would probably have to discuss it with Rodyn and we can coordinate ooc too since I believe Moontide has a few litters planned
Loner
245 Posts
Ooc — bee
we'll see, unless i can forward date that thread by a long shot i might not move forward with the litter. things got pretty crazy over here :,D

❝i suppose that'd leave him trying to kill the wind next.❞ atka laughed, before coming into the realization of what she'd said and only laughing harder.

❝let's find something to eat, tell me all i've missed! find any sort of suitor yet?!❞ they'd talk and talk, conversation easy for the two despite the time that had passed.
Moontide
Beta*
722 Posts
Ooc — Lepos
Heph laughed, glad to have that ease between them that seemed to return only to old friends even across distance and time. A burst of it as she pictured what Atka spoke of, of Dreven chasing after the wind. It sounded like something she would do, drifting from one place to another. Her voice was shy but firm when she spoke of Phox, of his steadyness, his kindness, his sense of humor, his love of the stars and his tracking. The way they stumbled over words sometimes but found ease in each other's company. The quiet that passed between them. And they hunted and let their steps fall in line.

XD sounds about right! I'm good with wrapping up here maybe their next thread can be near Moontide?