Barrow Fields this that kinfolk
Sapphique
Pearl
THEY'LL NEVER TAKE MY POWER
316 Posts
Ooc —
sobeille noticed each day seemed gradually longer, the last hour of daylight stretched thin to a waxy yellow light set against the not-so distant shore.

she was bored. without tousaint here, and the adults otherwise occupied, sobeille wandered.

she came to a open meadow that abutted the ocean and timber alike -- only, it was like no flatland she'd ever seen. large and lumpy mounds punctuated the landscape - around her, she heard the thousand scurrying of small rodent feet.

perched atop one of the largest mounds, sobeille surveyed the dwindling light of her lonesome domain.
Morningsong
Mother
390 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
She had finished her collection of herbs for the journey ahead and she wanted to explore the surrounding territory’s a bit before they departed to moontide and hopefully met up with her brother and hopefully Tuft could win his approval. It meant so much to minnow.

She had started to track a rabbit to the fields near Hearthwood but instead a different scent caught her nose and she looked up to see another wolf in the distance. She trotted up about a foot away from them and smiled. “Hello.” She said simply. “What ya doing?” She questioned
Sapphique
Pearl
316 Posts
Ooc —
from her vantage she could see just about everything - including the slouched back of a wolf gradually making its way towards her.

sobeille stood up, prepared for anything. there was a sweet scent of fescue grass and herbs to this one that told a subtle story -- sobeille recognized these scents on maleah sometimes.

the stranger appeared friendly enough -- sobeille kept her posture neutral, but did not come down. i be listen' for de bugs an' mice. what you be doin'?
Morningsong
Mother
390 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
She smiled. “I was tracking a rabbit for a bit but its scent disappeared once I came up to this place.” It was probably here somewhere but Minnow was super social and wasn’t very hungry so this seemed like a better alternative. “I’m Minnow and you are?” She questioned.
Sapphique
Pearl
316 Posts
Ooc —
a hare brought the cream-pelted wolf out to the ancient burial mounds; sobeille surveyed minnow briefly before her gaze slid towards sapphique.

i be sobeille. she announced, lifting her chin to sniff elegantly at the brisk air. you smell like plants. she observed, noticing the same aroma that lingered on maleah’s pelt leaving residual traces on minnow’s.
Morningsong
Mother
390 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
She took the young girls name to her memory and smiled at her next observation. “Yes, I am around them nearly everyday.” She stated simply. 

“I’m studying to be a healer currently.” Even though when her babies came she would have to put her trade on hold for a short while.
Sapphique
Pearl
316 Posts
Ooc —
a healer. sobeille turned to minnow with new interest glinting in her tourmaline gaze.

will you teach me? she suddenly pressed, triangular ears cut forward in earnest. i want to know de ointments and salves, what flower be best for what t’ing.
Morningsong
Mother
390 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
The girl looked at her with wonder in her eyes and the cream colored woman was more than happy to oblige. “I’m sure I can teach you a bit of the basics.” She said with a smile and thought of what she could speak about to start with. “Is there anything specific you’d like to know? Maybe we can start there?” She questioned
Sapphique
Pearl
316 Posts
Ooc —
oh, did sobeille have a million questions.

she took in a deep breath, steadying her excitement by regulating her breathing. minnow was in for a crash course that was sobeille: part willing student, part willing sociopath.

what be the plants dat make people go to sleep?