The Sentinels I feel lucky
Morningsong
Mother
390 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Private 
@Sumac 

It smelt gross here and the woman didn’t know if it was just because they were near the ocean or because of the fact that she was pregnant. But the smell of this area made her feel sick to her stomach and her nose a bit stuffy due to the humidity caused by the sea. So she thought maybe she would hunt to get her mind off of it. 

She left tuft for a bit and she managed to catch a rabbit rather quickly and the smell of the salty sea was soon replaced by the metallic scent of blood.
Moontide
Warrior
But inside me, there is a light…
118 Posts
Ooc — Rainchaser
The day was overcast, the air humid and heavy. It was the kind of day where 'Mac was disinclined to roam too far from the Plateau where he shared a den with his new wife. However, he was a bit of a restless soul, not to mention one possessing a hungry belly. He'd grown more accustomed to the silent, ghastly presence of the Sentinels, but they still struck him as eerie, and they hit a nerve all-too close to home. 

He stood just outside the forest's edge, nostrils flared as he drank in the combined scents of briny sea air, earth, and pine. Entwined with all three was something less pungent, but still present - a musty, dark scent: the odor of ash. It made Sumac's fur stand on end, and he shook his head vigorously in a bid to rid himself of the discomfort.

A sound from just within the forest caught his attention, his ears standing alert. It was difficult to make out, but it sounded almost like the cry of surprise a rabbit emitted when encountering a predator. 'Mac was curious, but wary - was someone hunting? What if one of the Moontide wolves was about and he was discovered? He frowned.

He was about to make a hasty retreat when another faint scent wafted just past his nose. The smell of blood and... someone. Someone familiar. Who?! Smelled like... Minnow? No, it couldn't be. 

The Mackenzie abandoned his caution, curiosity now growing insatiable as he bolted in amongst the scrubby trees and towering husks, paws eagerly digging into the soft earth. The scent was growing stronger now, and 'Mac still couldn't believe that she'd be so close. After all, what business would Minnow have at the coast?

There were sounds now, sounds of someone ripping at a kill. And the smells were stronger. Within moments she burst into unmistakable view - a cream figure amongst the gray and dull green.

Panting, he slowed as a wide, toothy grin erupted on his face.

"Minnow!"
…Even in the darkest night
Morningsong
Mother
390 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
She got defensive over her kill at first as she heard another coming her way. Not knowing who it was, her hairs around her neck stood up only until she heard her name did she realize who it was and her tail swayed quickly. “Hi!” She didn’t think she’d see him again but her he was before her. He smelled of another but she’d ask in due time. The young wolf wondered if maybe her aunt was this way as well. “What are you doing way out here?” She asked.
Moontide
Warrior
But inside me, there is a light…
118 Posts
Ooc — Rainchaser
‘Mac’s smile felt as wide as the world, and for a moment, he marveled that fate had brought them together again in such haphazard circumstance.

“Well… I guess you could say I live here now,” he replied to her inquiry after a moment, his golden gaze flicking to the side with a bit of trepidation. Truthfully, he was a trespasser on Moontide lands, and that fact gnawed at him terribly. Perhaps it was time he confronted that predicament.

“How have you been? What brings you to the coast?” He asked in return, averting his attention away from his internal troubles. Had she been here before? Maybe he could show her around! Sumac veritably shone with joy at seeing her here, whole and hale.

Sorry for the delay. Have had very high stress lately and my muse bombed out. <3
…Even in the darkest night