Emberwood Total Eclipse
Swiftcurrent Creek
Epsilon
20 Posts
Ooc — Bone
A drifter, a rogue, an apostate. Alone. These were the titles of which she held now. No longer mercenary, no longer warrior, no longer a daughter nor a sister. She drew her tongue across her ashen maw, lingering and drifting across the canines she'd sheathe only a moment later.

Hm. I suppose I haven't. She replies with a solemn air, sitting up straight.

Like drifitng through fog, she'd found herself with few goals beyond the promise of work. It was like catching glimpses of fireflies lighting up the smog, only to watch them flicker off and disappear a moment later. Idle exploits, empty words, and meaningless actions. Rinse and repeat.

Was this doom? Was this the punishment for the crime of merely wanting change? She wouldn't allow herself to be punished like this; and yet, until this moment when the thought had crossed her mind, it was she herself who had been the harbinger of her own misery, the one who kept her tied to such a mundane existance.

Enough of self-pity. Enough of this self-immolation, for who would see her when her fires finally fizzled to a mere spark? Who would mourn her, out here, far from home? 

None... That was the answer. She knew it, and it disturbed her in a way she didn't realize she would be so fragile to. 

She'd forgo answering his next query. She knew well why she didn't. She knew it was not a lonesome trail that she desired, though when it is the only option between that and a demise befitting of a traitor, it certainly seemed to be the more appealing outcome. Instead, she'd circle back to the words which had caught her attention earlier.

She hadn't found what she was looking for, if she was looking for anything at all. Trial and error, she supposed, would have to do. Perhaps something would click, and satiate some deep desire she didn't know she had.

You mentioned your pack was nearby? ...I do not usually... ah... Impose myself onto others like this, but I'd be interested in meeting whoever you call your leader, if your pack is open to outsiders, that is. She takes the stride and gazes back at him, anticipation lingering on the breaths that fall from her jaws.
Messages In This Thread
Total Eclipse - by Nanou - March 16, 2024, 08:31 PM
RE: Total Eclipse - by Akavir - March 18, 2024, 03:30 PM
RE: Total Eclipse - by Nanou - March 19, 2024, 02:21 PM
RE: Total Eclipse - by Akavir - March 25, 2024, 01:46 PM
RE: Total Eclipse - by Nanou - March 27, 2024, 05:48 PM
RE: Total Eclipse - by Akavir - March 28, 2024, 02:01 PM
RE: Total Eclipse - by Nanou - April 04, 2024, 01:19 PM
RE: Total Eclipse - by Akavir - April 05, 2024, 12:12 PM
RE: Total Eclipse - by Nanou - April 12, 2024, 12:13 PM
RE: Total Eclipse - by Akavir - April 19, 2024, 02:23 PM
RE: Total Eclipse - by Nanou - April 23, 2024, 12:58 PM