Greatwater Lake pink sky, blue heart
Yellowstone
Alpha
102 Posts
Ooc — metic
All Welcome 
her husband had been busy with laying claim and establishing yellowstone's borders during their initial days on the plains. she had taken to roaming a wider perimeter, leaving her mark during select high traffic areas to announce the presence and intention of what lay ahead.

there was also the interest of exploring the surrounding regions and scouting for any potential recruits or assessing any adversaries. she'd found neither thus far, though her path today took her towards the outstretched land leading up to a vast lake.

she stopped by water's edge to quench what thirst she had before pulling away to glance skyward and guage how much daylight she had remaining. there was an hour, perhaps two, left for the day, and the viper thought it best to return to the plains before dusk fully enveloped the world.

she kept her steps even as she turned to return home, eyes watchful for any movement that caught her attention.
Brecheliant
Family
704 Posts
Ooc — Me
Being one of the biggest bodies of water in the area it was not uncommon to come across all kinds of smells. It was like a hub, where trails and tracks of earth-crawlers, water-dwellers and sky-soarers met, and, whenever possible, Dwin liked to frequent the area to read the news. However, it was not too often that one would encounter the same scents over and over, even less, when the marks they left behind were the ones of an intent to lay claim to the land.

Today Dwin was lucky to spot one of the recent newcomers from afar and curious to find out, who their new neighbours were going to be, she closed the distance between them and let out a short bark to anounce her presence. "Hello, fellow wanderer!" she greeted the stranger in a friendly manner. "Are you one of the wolves laying claim to the lake?" she asked.
Yellowstone
Alpha
102 Posts
Ooc — metic
a voice calls out through the spring air, and nephele turns to see a watercolored girl close in age come bounding her way. pale fur bristles only slightly, absinthe gaze watchful of the other woman's movements.

there is mention of the lake, and the claiming of it. confused, eyes narrow as she considers the possibility of their claim on yellowstone being challenged. "no, not the lake."

had she missed the signs of established land? a wiggle of her nose picks up no indication of anyone living along the water's edge. perhaps the claim of yellowstone had simply drifted downwind. "my husband and i are claiming the plains," a motion to where their territory lay.

the stranger herself wore a familiar scent, though nephele couldn't place where she'd come across it before. "i'm nephele."
Brecheliant
Family
704 Posts
Ooc — Me
"Aha," Dwin nodded, her expression neutral, though she was not too thrilled to have anyone claim the lands near the lake. Forests, swamps and even mountains were fine, but to her lakes had always felt as something entirely different. More precious even. Standing above everything else. The lands lying right next to it should not belong to anyone. 

But where there were numbers, there was strength and Dwin's personal opinions did not matte much. Better keep things nice and cordial. "My name is Dwin - I presently reside in Brecheliant - it is a pack not far away from here," she returned. "Are you a pack with a family at its core or a group held together by common traditions, beliefs and values?" another moonpack maybe?
Yellowstone
Alpha
102 Posts
Ooc — metic
introductions are made and nephele mentally jots down the names of both the girl before her now, and of the land she called home. brecheliant. the name was unfamiliar, but the scent the grayscale traveler carried had been crossed before. perhaps she belonged to one of the packs that had been passed up?

the questions tossed towards her result in a raised brow. was this one an ambassador? or just nosy? "we are a familial group." not all that joined their ranks would be considered such, but the core inhabitants of the plains would carry the same name as their home.

"what of your home? part of a big family, or a cult?" she questioned, taking advantage of the exchangeable information. perhaps the answer would be both. but if she was able to gain details on this brecheliant and think them respectable enough, it might just lead to a future alliance. if not that, then there was at the very least the potential of economic benefit in trade.
Brecheliant
Family
704 Posts
Ooc — Me
"Ain't those one and the same thing in a way?" Dwin asked laughing at the formulation of the question, because she herself had never thought to look at it from that angle. "I mean, if it was a cult and I was in it, I would never tell you that it really was. Because I would not consider it to be such. Just another group with fancy beliefs and traditions," she went on. 

"Ummm... a familial pack with a love for story-telling," she explained. It then occurred to her - were Moon-packs a cult? Was it really a cult, if you enjoyed being in it and generally benefitted from it? "Peaceful for the most part and we do not like to meddle much in the business of others," she added. 

"When you establish yourselves here more - do come for a visit to establish diplomatic relations. Why have enemies, if you can have friends?" she asked.