Lost Creek Hollow there, there, baby, it's just textbook stuff
Riverclan
Apprentice
9 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Joining 
Joining! @Ash Star might be tied up with puppies... but also @Silvertongue?

The snows were melting—spring was on the precipice of the valley and Acantha found herself pacing along the length of the borders of the pack she had been born into. Only a few months had passed—still, there was a certain air of uncertainty that lingered around the youthful girl as her blue eyes looked inward to a home she had skirted away from without even a simple goodbye.

It wasn’t that she had meant to be gone for so long. But the travels she had taken had been a breath of fresh air—exploration, travel and time for rumination.

Her birthday had come and gone, and she had finally realized the ache in her chest for her mother and siblings. And now, as the sun drew itself further along the horizon as the morning continued onward, Acantha now found herself home—trying to calm the unusual flutter of nerves in her stomach.
Riverclan
Dreamleaf
699 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
It was too soon to leave her children, but she recognized the wolf howl that rang out. So with a sense of trust she left the tiny babies with @Silvertongue and @Wren to keep warm and moved towards her daughters howl.

It was with motherly pride she looked upon her beautiful daughter. Who had taken the colors of Ash's own pelt and made them her own majestry. There was an air of having learned and lived to her daughter. And she smiled and met her; smelling if babies and milk, but too herbs and den. As always.

Hello Acantha. 

She would meet her daughter in a hug if she would allow or just a gentle brush of nose if preferred. Ash knew she hadn't done her best by her first children. But she had tried. She just hoped they could forgive her.

tags for references. She won't be gone long.
Riverclan
Apprentice
9 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Ash Paw was the one to greet her—and the youthful she-wolf could feel nostalgia roll over her in a warm embrace just at the sight of her mother’s bright blue eyes. “Mama,” she greeted, muzzle lifting only to allow the soft scent of milk drift to her— a flash of surprise likely crossing her features.

“I’m sorry I didn’t say goodbye. I didn’t think I’d be gone as long as I was.”

Ash Paw was delicate in her embrace, but it was Acantha who would bury her muzzle to the warm neck fur of her mother—only now realizing just how small and diminutive her mother actually was, now that Acantha was taller. “I missed you.”
Riverclan
Dreamleaf
699 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
I apologize for the wait

Ash Felt a little guilty that she hadn't spoken with her older children of her plans for more. Especially @Esma who had seemed to disappear soon after. It bothered her greatly. She had thought Esma would want to stay with her and the little ones. But perhaps she was wrong. 

Ash smiled. That is okay. Adventures fuel the young. I hope that you found what you were looking for? Had fun? Learned new things?

At her daughters tighter hug. She returned it, squeezing her. Letting her know she was as happy to see her as she was to see her mother. I missed you too.
Riverclan
Apprentice
9 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
“Learned new things,” she acquiesced with a light smile, preening at her mother’s attention. She couldn’t say she had been looking for anything in particular—but she still had loved every moment of her trip.

“Am I…?” She cleared her throat, stepping back to pointedly look at her mother—still beautiful, but softer with the adjustment of afterbirth. “Am I a big sister this year?”
Riverclan
Dreamleaf
699 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Medic
Ash brightened as her daughter said she had learned new things. Knowledge was something Ash coveted. And to know her children so far were the same it made her happy.

A soft little smile and a nod. Yes. A brother Darrow and a sister Aerilyn. Complete opposites. Onw dark furred one light. Would you like to see them?
Riverclan
Apprentice
9 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Wrap up here?

“Of course,” she murmured, eyes appraising her mother with a smile. Family is what had drawn her home—little had she known what would await her! So, chatting quietly with her mother, she followed after her, eager to meet her youngest siblings and settle back to Riverclan.