Blacktail Deer Plateau about the way your world can alter
Raventhorpe
Óskírdr
130 Posts
Ooc — bee
All Welcome 
zulema moved about the plateau with a "hard won" prize of a rabbit in her jaws. it was comically large compared to the girl, her chin had been scraped as her head drug through the dirt with an open mouth to catch the creature. she sought @tamar out, hoping to share another meal beside her. it might have been described as clingy or needy, how much time she desired to spend with the woman. little zulema felt rather lost, airy even, in this place.

the girl did not know how else to calm the disturbed feeling other than speaking to tamar. questions that unnerved her were rather insistent to her mind as weeks went by. what was she to do here? how could she ease the emptiness that she felt? she imagined herself as a drying pond, stagnant and dirty. zulema only wanted to feel life moving once more, but she believed herself to be stuck.
-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-
Raventhorpe
Læknir
833 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Sitter
Therapist
tamar felt empty.

and somehow the mother saw this reflected in her daughter, whom she rose to greet with great pride. "my zulema is a mighty hunter," the goldred woman sang out, a grin dissolving the cobwebs of sorrow from her face.

she had spoken about leaving. arsenio wished to leave, not for the mountains but for his seaside home. and her heart yearned to be there, away from the pain the teekons had given her.

and an equal portion of tamar was appalled at the idea, horrified at the notion of leaving the place where all her children had been born. and if she could manifest the words, she might have said she was waiting for them to come back.

through her emptiness, zulema gave her so much hope.

"would you like to show me how to hunt these — in the desert?" tamar asked, a whim for travel overcoming the rest of her stuttering emotions.
Raventhorpe
Óskírdr
130 Posts
Ooc — bee
zulema's tail waved below her at her mother's greeting, stirred by the familiarity.

"what?" the girl spit the rabbit, fast at that.

she stared at her mother with furrowed brows, confused and trying anything to kill the ache for newness within her.

"i've never been." zulema settled with the proposal rather quickly.

as difficult as it was, she was beginning to lose the war in her mind; whether or not her siblings would return. the longer they waited, it seemed the two would only lose more.
-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-
Raventhorpe
Læknir
833 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Sitter
Therapist
"i once lived in the desert."

tamar fidgeted; "i have always wanted to go again."

a breath, for hope? for something else?

"i could show you, zulema." the desert promised nothing besides the promise of no memories, and perhaps that would be enough for them both.
Raventhorpe
Óskírdr
130 Posts
Ooc — bee
!!!

there would be no more questions from the girl. there were no memories there. she imagined it beautiful, picturing the scene beside her mother. zulema always hoped she'd look as tamar did.

"when would we leave?" she extended her head urgently, listening intently.

anything. she'd imagined she could breath there.
Raventhorpe
Læknir
833 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Sitter
Therapist
"now."

what tamar had wanted to say was that they should wait a little. but what she had said trembled between them. she meant it.

all they had done for months was wait. "i will tell solveig and rusalka we are visiting the desert. i once had relatives in the sand. maybe it is where your siblings have gone."

or maybe it was not, maybe nothing lay there for mother and daughter aside from the promise of something new.