Silverlight Terrace Finding my way…. Eventually
Loner
60 Posts
Ooc — Mad
Away
All Welcome 
AW! Tag for reference.

He taken a couple days to travel from the plains of the flatlands to the great bear wilderness. It was evening, and the sky was losing its brightness, the cool breeze ruffling his fur.

He didn’t know exactly where @Paeon went, he’d kept some track of her, until she slipped away. He wasn’t upset about it or nothin’, but he did kind of miss her, and he hoped that wherever she was, she was safe at least.

He took a deep breath, then something equivalent to the feline zoomies came over him. He galloped around the field, under the cover of greenry, then finished with a grand fall down onto the grass, rolling and rubbing. He was still a young, full of pee and vinegar boy deep inside, but soon he would be a man, nearing his second year of life in the fall.

He didn’t know what would happen next, the pages of his future were blank. He had a few friends, but they aren’t anyone he’d gotten close to, with the exception of Paeon, and even then, he had no one tying him down, he was a free spirit. Laying there in the grass, not one particular thought was on his mind as he watched the clouds roll by, then fade one by one.
Brecheliant
Sciathán
708 Posts
Ooc — Me
On that particular day Dwin had not intended to wander away as far as she had, but eventually curiousity won her over. Along the way she had decided that it had been a long, long time since she had met Dee last and, why not go all the way to Moonglow and see her. It could well be that there were little nieces and nephews already there or on the way. 

So - that's the short story of, how she made it as far as Silverlight terrace that day and first caught a familiar scent, then a familiar face there. "Hey!" she called out to the young wolf she knew she had met before, but just could not quite put a name to the face yet. "You look good. Frankly speaking, I never expected you to make it through the winter," she told Cassidy smiling and looking down at him with tail wagging. 

"I am Dwin - just in case my name has escaped your memory just the same way yours has mine," she introduced herself again.
Loner
60 Posts
Ooc — Mad
Away
Dwin? As in Ceridwin?! When the familiar face came into view, his tail wagged quickly, like a domestic dog’s when its owner came home. He hadn’t seen her for quite some time, well, a long time actually. She’d given him a home back when he first arrived here, and he was still thankful for that.

“How could anyone forget you! Oh, and the names Cassidy.” He replied, a big smile on his face, “Thanks. You do too! You’re beautiful, well, even more so than when we met in the flatlands last year.” He was too excited to realize just what he way saying, but hey, can’t hide the truth. “Hey, I can hold my own. Sure, I’ve had some help here and there, but I’m a wolf of the wilds.”

“What are you doing all the way out here?” He asked, and surely the question would be reciprocated to him.
Brecheliant
Sciathán
708 Posts
Ooc — Me
"Well, in that case - congratulations on making it, The Wolf of the Wilds," Dwin told him, smiling and made something like a respectful bow. "The best months of the year are yet to come," she told, looking around at the first green grass and blooming flowers here and there. It was still a bit cold and at times she felt as if the season itself was dragging its feet and being inconsistent in, what it wanted to be this year. But maybe it was Dwin's own lack of resolve, when to make that big move, that gave an impression that the time was passing by very slowly. 

She let the remark about her beauty slide - sure, it was flattering, but she had never been the one to look for confirmation of her own value in other people's eyes. "So - tell me, where did you go and what did you see? Who did you meet, after all?" she asked. "I've been cooped up in my corner of the woods all winter long, seeing the same people and faces."
Loner
60 Posts
Ooc — Mad
Away
“Thanks!” He beamed, holding his head higher in a playful matter. “The hot ones? The ones where wolves almost melt?” He asked jokingly about the best months of the years, as stated by Dwin.

She asked him about what he’d been up to, and informed him that she’d been cooped up. “Well, now that winter’s finally over, it’s adventure time!” He grinned, then continued to answer her question. “Well… I’ve been around. Not far, stuck around the flatlands mostly. I met a girl, we’ve been traveling. She’s a combat medic. She went off somewhere.” He explained some of that, then went on to mention what else had happened. “I was also hanging around a bison herd one night, and this big wolf came around. He offered me into the pack, but I turned it down. It was claimed territory or somethin’.”

He stopped, taking a breath. “So, what about you. Got any plans?”
Brecheliant
Sciathán
708 Posts
Ooc — Me
"Well, I don't know, what kind of rock-melting hot summers you got, where you came from, here it is nice and pleasant. You can bask in the sun, if you want. It is especially great, when its right next to bodies of water. And then you can lounge in the shade of the trees. Plenty of those here too," she listed all the things she had enjoyed during the summer.

"So you are telling me - The Wolf of the Wilds - that you were bored out of your mind out here in the winter?" Dwin feigned disappointment and rolled her eyes for added effect. "Well, I am planning on heading out myself. Was not that lucky the first time around, maybe the second one will do the charm," she told. "So - are you heading in any particular direction or with a certain goal in mind?" she asked. 
Loner
60 Posts
Ooc — Mad
Away
Sorry ‘bout the wait. Life’s been busy. I’ve got mid terms creeping up on me.

“Gets pretty warm.” He replied, in his usual upbeat tone, “Well, ain’t that nice! Makes me more eager for summer to come!”

She’d asked him if he, the wolf of the wilds, got bored. He chuckled, gently briefly shaking his head, tail still wagging, “I wouldn’t say that bored. Just, uh, didn’t know quite what to do….”

She continued on, telling that she was planning to strike out on her own a second time. She also asked if he had a certain goal in mind. He thought about it, if he had anything planned. “I dunno, I just kind of wander. Maybe I’ll head past these mountains. You got a certain place? A destination?”
Brecheliant
Sciathán
708 Posts
Ooc — Me
No worries at all. We all have lives outside the wolf-world. :)

"Not sure either. I would like to give the mountains another shot. I definitely want to see the ocean again. A-a-a-and... just let the stream carry me and wherever I land, I will be fine," Dwin explained. Though she had promised herself to have a detailed plan and be better prepared than the first time, she now realized that besides the basic skills, there was very little she could do to affect the circumstances and events that would meet her along the way. In other words - she would deal with the problems in the order they would come in. And not worry about them too much in the meanwhile. 

"I think I would also want to run into an old hag I have not seen for an eternity. But she has a knack of just appearing in my life. Or me in hers. Last time I saw her, she was on the prowl for the souls of innocent men to seduce, and my wonderful being was the last thing she wanted to deal with," Dwin referred to @Towhee , wondering, whether the crone had achieved her goals and was now nursing a litter of puppies, each of which having a different father.