Moonsong Glacier the duty of every soldier is to protect the innocent
Raventhorpe
Konungr*
bravo six
159 Posts
Ooc — delaney
All Welcome 
tags for reference! <3

he had departed a night ago with salted meats prepared for morningsong after speaking to @Solveig and reminding her of the promise he had made to the morning leader, @Dutch. many moons had passed since he had promised to visit the moonpack and feels a little more reassured that solveig and the children would be fine while he left to speak of potential alliances or sew the seeds of friendship at least, the könungr had prepared and departed with a kiss to each child's head and his wife's cheek; low whiskey steeped baritone promising he would return to them as soon as he could.

the morning sun painted the glacier watery colors of sunrise: oranges and pinks and purples; the air cooler as it radiates off the glacier.

the morningsong people were gone from this place. he could tell upon his approach, and while there lingered a scent here or there it was old. faded.

rusalka's steps slow and he lays his fur wrapped gift down to his paws with a deep frown; wondering what had happened, and whether it had been dispersal or relocation.
Morningside
Chief*
Sword of the Morning
510 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Historian
He had come back to search for Ulloriaq, who had never quite left his mind even after her departure. He was not sure where they might stand now that he was married, and unlike with Sulukinak, he could not in good faith insist on trying to keep her close.

But he still cared for her. He still couldn't stand the thought of her returning and finding them all gone without a trace. Oh, she would surely find them if she sought out any of the moon wolves, but there would still be a moment where she found herself abandoned. Whatever the state of their connection, Dutch could not abide by that.

So he was here, placing scent markers to act as messages more than boundaries. Already his last ones had faded, and he was busy pushing back against the worry that she had already come and gone.

The breeze carried another scent to him. He looked up, and trotted up to the next rise.

"Rusalka," he called out, hurrying forward. He was only pleased at first, and then he saw the pelt and felt another sweep of misgiving. "I'm glad I caught you," he said, just a little breathless in the shadow of the handsome leader — surely from the jog over! "I don't come back here often, these days. I should have sent word when we moved."
Raventhorpe
Konungr*
bravo six
159 Posts
Ooc — delaney
rusalka is surprised that the footfalls he hears approaching end up belonging to dutch, and does not bother to hide it as it settles upon his face. hello dutch, greets the leviathan in his thick, heavy whiskey steeped baritone.

i wouldn't expect you to, is what the sweep of his gaze says to the abandoned glacier, glad to know that morningsong has relocated and not disbanded entirely. in truth, he was curious as to what brought dutch back to the glacier at all — since ravensthorpe had moved and re-branded rusalka hadn't once been back to the coast himself.

but then again, he's never been much of a wanderer; contented to tend to his lands and raise his children and spend time with his fierce valkyrie wife.

it's not something i'd have expected you to do, rusalka gives voice to his thoughts, not meaning his words as anything other than simple. they had never forged any sort of pack relation with one another, in all fairness. i'm late bringing the gift from ravensthorpe, but he wasn't apologizing for it. though he is a second time father this year, it doesn't ease the heightened instincts to protect his own despite that he knew the pack kept dangers at bay and solveig herself was more than capable of defending their children.

even so, rusalka is a provider by nature and had settled much, much better into role of father and husband than his own father ever had.

it's not much with demanding little bellies to fill, he admits with a grin that is toothy and could be considered rife with cheeky affection. but it is some salted meats for you and yours. rusalka takes a step back from the small bundle of fur wrapped meats. how do you and morningsong fare? asks rusalka, his interest genuine.