Neverwinter Forest bloom under the willow tree
Loner
143 Posts
Ooc — metic
All Welcome 

the siblings duo had walked through the thicket of night until dawn's sharp light cut through the billows. they'd found a felled tree where @Maggak and he had nestled against to sleep until mid-day, where finally he stirred from his sister's side and strode off to go stretch his limbs in search of a late brunch.

he'd tracked a badger not far off from where the pair had rested. acrux thought he'd found an easy meal but the creature packed more of punch than what he'd expected and after a small scuffle, the boy was left empty handed.

he shook off his loss and turned back towards where he'd left maggak to see if she'd awoken yet.
"atkan aleut"
Moonglow
Eta
writing letters addressed to the fire
599 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Seer
Ambassador
aya! aya! aya!

let us hunt! let us hunt!

there will be meat for dinner!

if need be, i will follow until winter!

i will get it done!

aya! aya! aya!

She stalked through the underbrush, singing a hunting song as she roamed the forest. While she wasn't following any particular trail, Ariadne knew this unclaimed territory was teeming with prey.

While she hadn't spotted Acrux yet, she kept her trajectory
Loner
143 Posts
Ooc — metic
a hunting song caused ears to swivel atop his head, the voice unfamiliar to him. he turned from the direction he'd originally intended, cutting his course to who he assumed to be a member of one of the other villages.

when spotted, he stopped to offer the woman glowed with motherhood a soft chuff. he remained where he stood, still leary of strangers but not off-putting since she held the scent of anânsiak.

"you are hunting?" he asked in a test of his mother-tongue.
"atkan aleut"
Moonglow
Eta
599 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Seer
Ambassador
A young man appeared, who looked no older than a year old, speaking the language of her people. She straightened, her expression curious, as she studied her nuaġaaluk for a beat before speaking. I am, she confirmed in their shared language,  Are you?

She sniffed the air, noticing how he smelled of Sialuk and the village Moonspear—could this young man be one of her nephews? She wondered this as she looked him up and down.

I meant to say this before: thanks again for starting our thread!
Loner
143 Posts
Ooc — metic
of course!! <3

she speaks in his tongue, and he lets muscles relax in the familiarity of assumed family. "i was," he begins, a glance given back to where he'd lost the badger. "but i am not very good at hunting." he had not considered his poor skill to be a hindrance before leaving the spear. hopefully maggak would be able to compensate for his lack of ability should they hope to last more than a few days on their own.

"who taught you that hunting song?" he asked while lifting a hind leg to scratch at an itch. perhaps this woman was a cousin or aunt to him? he knew the extension of his family to be large, but how large was still relatively unknown.
"atkan aleut"
Moonglow
Eta
599 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Seer
Ambassador
She smiled softly at him, feeling an instant kinship at his admittance as she glanced over his shoulder and toward where he'd come from. That is okay—I am not very good, either, her eyes, sunbright, returned to him. If you are hungry, maybe we can try hunting together?

Oh, that, she said next in reply to his question, shaking her head slowly. That is just something that I came up with. My mother, Kukutux, taught my about hunting songs when I was younger, and I've only just started singing again. she paused, then wondered: You know Kukutux, right?
Loner
143 Posts
Ooc — metic
he offered an appreciative smile to her admittance of not being a strong hunter either. at least he wasn't alone in that regard. "sure," he responded with a slow sway of his tail, happy to have some help with securing a meal.

she explains the origin of her song, and of how she'd learned to sing. his eyes brightened at the familiar name, a nod given to her question. "she is my anânsiak," he reveals, putting two-and-two together and realizing this was anaa's sister.

"could you teach me?" he asks, quickly tacking on, "the song i mean. i think my sister would like it." maggak was more of a singer than he, but the thought of teaching her a song this once versus the other way around brought a smile to his face.
"atkan aleut"
Moonglow
Eta
599 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Seer
Ambassador
Excellent, she said when he agreed, her tail waving. I was trying to pick up on a rabbit trail, she explained as she lowered her nose towards the floor and sniffed again, But, I am not picky—there are many things here to hunt. They wouldn't have a problem finding something for him to eat.

Ariadne's grin grew as Acrux admitted his relationship to Kukutux, and she lit up. Aya! Then you are my nephew! I'm your aunt, Ariadne. Oh, how she wanted to pull him into a hug! Are you Sialuk's boy?

When he asked to learn the song, she nodded and looked around, expecting his sister to materialize out of thin air. Of course—let's start from the top:

aya! aya! aya!

there will be meat for dinner!