Firefly Glen [m] oh i was sure
Loner
i burn down my house and build it up again
i burn it down twice just for the fun of it
96 Posts
Ooc — Van
Private 

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Heavy suggestion, conception

Though the sun was not visible, it would be clear to most animals that sunset was fast approaching. The dark sky seemed held aloft by a band of overcast light, the dregs before the night. But it didn’t matter what time of day it was: River was going to carry her scent proudly – flaunt it for every nose she could reach.

She ranged far and wide, this time weaponizing her temperamental desire rather than hiding it. She had hidden it too many times, and now it had come with the fury of a need long scorned. She bathed in all the attention, all the affection, then she would simply wash it all away each time, letting the coldness of her namesake rush over her before pressing on, ceaselessly, just as the riverwaters did.

Every encounter thus far had been exhilarating – even when they were negative – and she had yet to tire of the battle. She still wanted, wanted, wanted. It felt unending.
Moonglow
Eta
70 Posts
Ooc — Twin
REPORTING FOR DUTY

initially, he'd gone out only to hunt.
he thought of the pretty girl back home, galana; he wanted to bring her something nice, as if to say thank you for tolerating me. ajei had left, and with her she had taken a little, tiny piece of his scorned heart; as a result, peregrine became cranky.
he is hasty as he thuds through the glen, on the trail of a pheasant that had been evading him for at least the last thirty minutes. impatient and perturbed, his tongue lashes out over his upper lip as a fine layer of saliva now coats it. but then —
perhaps there was something better waiting for him out here.
a scent that could be recognized by anyone based on instinct alone, the boy begins to posture as he follows it; when he locates the source, he is wordless, greeting her only with a silent wave of his tail.
Loner
i burn down my house and build it up again
i burn it down twice just for the fun of it
96 Posts
Ooc — Van
*salutes* WE THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE

The gloom deepened and the fireflies began winking alive. River had nearly given up on her dream of being pounded until she was jelly-limbed that day, when a wolf appeared. She fixed him with a faultfinding stare.

Dark-cloaked, honey-cheeked – both of the face and back end – he looked to her like a delicious, nougaty snack. Though not quite as tall or muscular as she’d found previously and would have preferred, he did have the strong lean legs of a long-distance runner. Which meant that he might have it in him to stay mounted until he was told he could crumble…

She wanted to test him, demand a show of his hunter’s skill, but her appetites did not correlate with food this evening. Instead, she would test his mettle. River tipped her head at him, a ripple traveling along her spine like a wave.

Come closer, if you dare.
Moonglow
Eta
70 Posts
Ooc — Twin
and dare he does.
the siren call of the mauve-painted stranger pulls him in like a trance, or perhaps a high he ought not to chase; but he saunters closer to her anyway, approaching her from the flank. she is older, perhaps older than he; strong, earthen. not his usual type either, he thinks, but who was he to complain when a free meal was offered to him?
that is, if she would accept his advances. a low rumble purls from his throat in instinctive greeting, and he reaches out with the hopes of meeting his face to her nape in order to exchange scents.