Rivenwood
Den Mother*
listening
1,258 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Birdcatcher
Master Missionary
All Welcome 
a young otter swung from heda's jaws as she returned to the den shared with @Druid. immediately swarmed by the growing pups, she chuckled a little, ripping the carcass open and allowing them to engage with babyish snarls and waving twiglike tails.
her sister had been gone, she knew, but hadn't sought an update or even allowed herself to think about glaukos, and so only offered a wan, distracted smile as she finally sat down to rest for a little while.
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
685 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Fisher
Ecologist
For once, she wasn’t thinking about Glaukos. Instead, she was wondering if they ought to call a pack meeting—their first—perhaps when the pups were moved to the rendezvous site. Druid wanted to do an official role call, especially seeing as some of their members were in the wind.

When was the last time anyone had heard from @John? She’d sent him away what felt like ages ago. That he hadn’t returned with any news certainly didn’t bode well. Then there was @Dinah, of course, who’d vanished a few weeks back. @Etienne’s leave was hopefully only temporary. There was @Andras too. Druid hadn’t seen much of him or even @Fiona in some time either, though that could very well be her own fault.

Her sister’s arrival back at the den scattered her thoughts. Druid watched as Heda ripped apart an otter, then tossed it on the floor for the pups to do what they would with it. Her eyes followed her sister as she then reclined against a wall, her expression telling the gray Den Mother she wasn’t necessarily in the mood to talk.

Druid frowned thoughtfully, wondering at the disconnect she felt even as she watched the puppies tear into the unfortunate otter. She snorted loud enough to be heard over their noisiness when she caught herself thinking, Well, what did you expect, calling it Rivenwood?
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
listening
1,258 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Birdcatcher
Master Missionary
tags for ref! <3

druid's snort broke heda out of her half-doze. she watched her sister's profile for a moment, knowing that something weighed the mind inside.
but she was too tired to ask.
heda had fallen into a pattern of one day at a time. she had accepted that dinah had left, presented with gratuitous evidence that her daughter had hated it here, and loathed the existence of her mother's new sons. @Ava Amara and @Anathema kept close to one another, but their bond almost chained heda outside of it, or that was how she had come to feel.
and always, always the clock was ticking.
"did something happen, druid?" she asked quietly, not sitting up but turning her attention more fully on her sister.
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
685 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Fisher
Ecologist
Her laughter had disturbed her sister. Druid immediately sucked in a sheepish breath and shook her head. She gave Heda a reassuring smile. Giving the puppies as sidelong glance, she scooted a little closer so she could be heard.

No, everything’s okay, or as okay as it could be, given the threat that lurked in the back of her mind. I was just thinking we could call a pack meeting when we move the pups to Sequoia’s Spot. Like a little celebration, Druid amended, then waited to see what her fellow Den Mother thought.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
listening
1,258 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Birdcatcher
Master Missionary
"i think that would be nice. i mentioned to anselm we were thinking of choosing a site," heda said, covering the expression that crossed her face with a genuine yawn. "plus, it goes along with what you were saying, about tradition? that's important. we can make our own."
rivenwood had so much potential despite the incursion of glaukos and her own personal strain with anselm. heda only wished she could find the settling in it all; she felt as though something might happen at any time, a constant sensation she attributed to the long months of hard travel.
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
685 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Fisher
Ecologist
I’m running with the assumption Druid would’ve told Heda about Mae’s attack, though I’m happy to revise any details you need! :)

She nodded in agreement to everything Heda said. They were on the same page, as usual. Druid smiled at that, though it fell a little when she realized she’d accidentally lied a moment ago.

I didn’t want to bother you with this—you looked so worn out when you got back—but… something did happen. I went to Swiftcurrent Creek to talk to Viinturuth about Glaukos again. Not only did he maul a young woman, he apparently yelled things about women to her. Hateful things.
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
listening
1,258 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Birdcatcher
Master Missionary
sounds good! <3

whatever good feeling heda had let herself recognize fled at a second's notice. she exhaled hotly, nodding as much to say she heard as to steady herself.
and rage leapt in her, rage that anyone cared, rage that druid had seen her chance to leave weeks ago and hadn't taken it, rage that she could have transformed glaukos into a proper man given her —
she shut her eyes and tried to push all of that horrible mess away from them both. "he's a real problem. what did they say they were going to do?" heda asked, her voice strained though she credited herself for holding back the anger that always flooded her at any mention of glaukos now.
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
685 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Fisher
Ecologist
Make him answer for what he’s done, Druid said with a suddenly stony expression.

But they needn’t linger on this topic right now. Not with the pups so close at hand. Not when Heda seemed so tired. The darker Den Mother pursed her lips, took a steadying breath, then gave her sister a soft look.

Hey, you look like you could use a rest. I’ll take the kids outside, call for some backup. Then I think I may go fishing, bring back a big fish supper for everyone. How’s that sound?
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
listening
1,258 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Birdcatcher
Master Missionary
answer for what he's done.
the stormcloud upon her sister's pretty face left little to the imagination as to what this might entail, and heda faltered.
hiding her discomfort with a yawn, she nodded. "oh, thanks, that would be so nice," she all but sighed, covering her face for a moment. the exhaustion was real no matter what. "i'll be up to help handle bedtime," she said, "and breakfast is mine tomorrow," she insisted, sinking down gratefully to the denfloor.