Ocean's Breath Plateau this is your story
Akashingo
Nebet

ogre maiden
222 Posts
Ooc — bon
All Welcome 
racharra shakes her pelt as she emerges from the once-vacant den. her body slugs only a couple feet forward before plummeting. marigold eyes look in the direction of her home, and longs for it. regrets her brashness. but deep down, a part of her hoped that her absence was felt. she hated it; that darkness festering. the darkness that was always their, dying her coat. she couldn't be her father nor her mother; spiteful, vengeful, deceitful creatures. she couldn't allow herself to fall to baser instincts.
yet it felt good to have made it this far alone. prove that she was not weak, and she wasn't a little dog either. that she did have choice. that she can look upon these men and have the option to turn her nose upwards at over even the tiniest thing she didn't like, or embrace them even if they don't meet the highest of standards that she never chose. when the noblegirl said she wanted marriage, she truly meant that she wanted love.

contradictions float and flitter around; guilty yet satisfied, angry yet lonely. the nebet wishes things were simpler again; before her hopes lay mauled against her feet every which way she turns. no memory lingers of who caused it or for how long its been dead.

she tears herself towards the beach tribe in hopes of company, and to watch closely.
[Image: Illustration463-1-1.png]
 can't live without the trust from those you love
Moontide
Adolescent
193 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Life on his own was different in ways he had not expected. Raiyuk wasn't truly alone—he still visited his father's lodge often, and made sure to put himself forward to Rodyn when men were needed to patrol, hunt, or fish. All the work fed in to his own personal pride; however, something was missing and Raiyuk couldn't figure out what, exactly.

He patched up his own lodge when necessary. He visited with his father's wives and made his appearances where necessary so that his siblings would know him. As the days wore on, Raiyuk assumed the role of a bachelor surrounded by the many friendly faces of his village. He bore his scars as a mantle of power.

On this particular day, he was returning to the shore after a long morning upon the beach. Among his finds were clusters of mollusks held together by a network of their own creation; he had some fish slung over a shoulder with that, and a wreath of seaweed he could dry for other uses. The sea had darkened his fur from his chest down, making the dark points of his body even more toasted in contrast.

His eye trailed up the path and he saw a dark figure, someone he did not recognize, and as he passed he gave a small but friendly nod with the intent to side-step around them.
Akashingo
Nebet

ogre maiden
222 Posts
Ooc — bon
the smell of salt and the steady beat of a gait lures racharra in to another tribe wolf, clearly very responsible — unlike herself who was out here barely doing her duties and instead wallowing again. he's appealing, too. though.. he's built a lot like.. nevermind!
she nods in return, initially letting him go on with his duties as she inspects the ocean-blessed stranger. he's young and his body is still boyish. there is still much for him to grow into, and racharra realizes that this is most likely the boy rodyn had mentioned. so, seizing the opportunity before it trots away, the nebet bounds after the boy before he could pass her. she's careful, though, to not stop him dead in his tracks.

hello! she croaks before clearing her throat before continuing. ..i'm racharra, nebet of akashingo. i'm sorry to pry, but.. could i have your name?
Moontide
Adolescent
193 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
It is while he steps around her that he notices the scent of dry grass and faint foreign sand, things he had discovered during his visit to the palace for a wedding many months ago. The pique of his curiosity is not as strong as his inherent sense of duty, so he does not speak of that, and is heading up the path when she calls out to him.

The boy pauses to adjust the various items he carries, mindful of the mollusks where they banner across his shoulder. I am Raiyuk, son of Chakliux. his answer comes swiftly and holds a certain amount of pride; it is not often he has to introduce himself.

Raiyuk motions that he will continue walking, but invites her to follow. There is room enough for two on the path.

These wet ocean things must be managed, he thinks. Best to do that quickly before they spoil; but as he walks the feeling of the sun beaming down begins to warm and dry everything.

You are far from home. Did you come to trade again? And so soon after the last time, how curious.
Akashingo
Nebet

ogre maiden
222 Posts
Ooc — bon
thankful that the boy stops for her, satisfied that he is who she thinks he is, racharra feels a weight begin to lift off. these past couple of months have proven to be annoying and turbulent, so even the tiny gesture is appreciated. for once, the chains of duty do not rake against her wrists and ankles.

she follows along as he leads her through a path, and if she had thumbs she'd be writing notes. honorable, capable... but smells like fish sometimes. chakliux. she parrots. the man of multiple wives. it'd be awkward going for raiyuk's father, then, and she doubts the man would be willing to take a wife the same age as his own son. not like she was going to, this is more just for explanations to the Goddess, if toula is listening.
..i am, but i came alone. don't worry, they know. and they must be bulldozing through the wilds by now to find her! not to trade, exactly. i'm sent to create stronger ties between your tribes and akashingo. but she's careful not to specify how. a smart man would perhaps piece two and two together. while she'd have preferred to kept all of that a secret so as to not give opportunity to those that didn't deserve it, this boy clearly already knew who she was if not by name.
you'll be taking me to moonglow too, correct? i'm glad i found you. otherwise, i might've been lost. a chuckle comes a little more forced than she'd hoped.
Moontide
Adolescent
193 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
At some point between his duties, Rodyn had come to him with the request to visit Moonglow. He might have mentioned Racharra during this but Raiyuk had already forgotten; he was so keyed-in to his current work that he the conversation had slipped his mind entirely. With the mentioning by Racharra now, he seemed to brighten, to remember, and nod to her.

Yes! When did you wish to go? Soon he would be nearer to his lodge, and he would seek out the cache nearby to it, to place some of the items and then to cover them up again. He listened to Racharra as he did these things, and then moved to duck inside of his lodge so that he could lay out the fish, the mollusks, and to finally rest his shoulders from the load they had carried.

The lodge was built in a similar manner to his father's: it was situated among the crux of trees, with some exposed stone serving as one wall, and the earth between having been dug out, and a roof thatched in to place with mud and reeds. It looked more like a hunting blind than the grand lodge of Chakliux, but that was due to being one room versus his father's several.

I would invite you inside but, it would be cramped. He called from inside as an explanation, and then ducked outside again so he could properly speak with her. But yes, we could go soon if that is your wish.
Akashingo
Nebet

ogre maiden
222 Posts
Ooc — bon
the sudden burst of energy that shot out from raiyuk hit racharra square in the face. taken aback by his enthusiasm to go to moonglow but she smiles.
soon, preferrably. in 2 days? i don't know how long the treck would be, and i'm sure you'd need time to pack. though she wouldn't be surprised if he was willing to go even this very instant if she said so.

he burrows inside a little lodge, and she sits outside expectantly as he scurries away what he had gathered. if he were any more ruddied, he'd remind her of squirrel. she waves away his apology with a flick of her hand, small smile still tugging her lips.
what's it like? you must enjoy it, if you're so enthusiastic.
Moontide
Adolescent
193 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
She did not need to go immediately. Raiyuk would keep himself apprised of her desires so that they could depart at the right time, and it would give him time also to seek out his father and to make sure his lodge was in order, that he was not needed. He had not felt needed in some weeks, not since his scarification ceremony—but this was a private sentiment.

The boy shakes some of the detritus from his coat and realizes a bit late, nothing really moves because of how slick he is from the earlier swimming, and that he is muddier now. It was not a state he often found himself and he did not like it, especially given he had company; royal company. Akashingo had deeply impressed Raiyuk when he visited the last time.

Racharra was interested in the other village, though. Her attention was not upon him so much, and for that Raiyuk was grateful.

It is not so different from Moontide, here. He answers with a small shrug, and appears to think on it.

The chief of Moonglow is a man named Aiolos. He is a warrior and a hunter. His wife is the shaman Kukutux—she is well known to all the villages as she is the mother to many. Her daughter Sialuk is the head of her own village in the mountains. My father visits her often, and sometimes I have gone in his stead to bring gifts there. His story is meandering, but he tries to focus his thoughts on this central village.

It is a good place. They are kind people and capable hunters. I am sure you will find something that you like there. In the corner of his mind he thinks of Seal, and briefly his attention upon Racharra wavers. Ah, but two days, you say? Come and find me when you would like to go. I will not be far from my lodge.
Akashingo
Nebet

ogre maiden
222 Posts
Ooc — bon
when raiyuk leaves the tiny hole, he's covered in it. and no amount of pelt shaking would knock the dirt that clings to him. she smiles briefly, amused. it happens.

despite this he answers her questions and puts a name to the shaman matchmaker that everyone has been leading her to; kukutux.
—her reach extends even beyond that, actually. racharra interrupts briefly after he speaks of the moonwoman. she thinks of how even a flatlander like dwin knew of this kukutux.

good. i'll look forward to it..
it will be in two days or more, yes. the sooner the better. 
he speaks of a lodge, and for a moment she raises a brow before realizing: oh! this is the lodge.
i'll come to you soon. should i prepare anything?
Moontide
Adolescent
193 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
He gives a nonchalant shrug to her question. Only yourself.

A thought enters his mind, and briefly Raiyuk is distracted by it.

We could bring gifts if you would like. I could prepare during these two days by finding something, or we could hunt along the way. He would leave that up to Racharra.

Raiyuk was accustomed to being given jobs and less so to being self-directed, which he would learn over time.
Akashingo
Nebet

ogre maiden
222 Posts
Ooc — bon
fade after you?

ah, gifts. she should've saved her gem for this instead. but no matter.

yes, do that. we are few, but any offering should suffice. she speaks the order like second-nature, nodding along.

we offer moonglow the hides from the catches, and save the meat for moontide. from the look upon rodyn's face, moontide needed all the help possible.

satisfied and confident, racharra stands tall for the first time in a while. if you agree to that, i'll be headed to rest.
Moontide
Adolescent
193 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
He nodded - that would be fine. The authority that the girl carried made Raiyuk wonder at her origins, but he would not ask.

Raiyuk gave her a small bow and wished aloud, sweet dreams, princess.