Ouroboros Spine i feel my heart for the first time
Moonglow
Gamma
91 Posts
Ooc — bee
let me know if you're not okay with these assumptions, i can edit :)

the last of the sunlight was flaring beyond the trees. the warmth that shone of them was sweet in the midst of the breeze that was not broken by wood or bushes. galana ushered @Peregrine along, seeking places where river that fed anik lake ran deeper. she'd been fishing earlier that day and wished to share the beautiful place with her friend.

"can you swim?" she asked, smiling, water still dripping from her body.

the sunlight and wet fur turned her coat an even deeper red. portions of her that were hidden with longer fur were slick against her, revealing newly formed muscles and a maturing body. galana looked to him impishly. a smile was on her face as she looked over his stray wisps of fur and what she thought were still delicate features that made him appear younger than he was.

she waited a reply, teases and fun ready on her tongue.
[Image: d3jp7hf-0664de4f-6cb0-4493-b8fd-98f26181...0z5sj-61nQ]

Moonglow
Eta
70 Posts
Ooc — Twin
GASPS :D

spring made the spine beautiful.
he'd come to familiarize himself with this river, namely the routes the beavers often took, but with the thawing of snow it looked almost alien. blossoms hug the meadow that sprawls across its edges, the sparrows sit along the rocks and nest in the trees, and if one came here at the right time of day, the sun would sit perfectly between the mountaintops and paint the whole thing a wondrous shade of rosy gold.
he'd made it his home. the newly crowned kingullimik did as his title requested of him, learning the places the spine was rich with food and making note of it all; any abundance or absence, any changes in paths and numbers. but this was a skill that took time to learn, and it was certainly not his strongsuit just yet.
not that he'd ever make that noticeable to moonwoman. or galana, for that matter, as he strides proudly alongside her. she'd come to get him while still leaving a trail of wet prints where she walked, shimmering in the evening glow; peregrine, being the kind of man he was, took note of the places the rivulets of water hugged her svelte figure and tried not to make it so obvious. he would look respectfully so long as her mother was within earshot.
i was born on an island, so you'd think, he cracks a similarly mischievous grin, wriggling his brows as the river's edge comes into view. guess we'll find out together, yeah?
Moonglow
Gamma
91 Posts
Ooc — bee
sorry for the late reply :,) crazy week

galana pretended not to notice his eyes on her.

"an island?" her tone implied that she was intrigued, looking towards him with raised brows waiting for him to elaborate.

turning away, she paused on the gravely bank of the river momentarily. her ears to turned backwards to give him notice as she stepped into the water with a pleasurable sigh.

"were you there long?" it occurred to her how much she didn't know, her attention was directed back to peregrine as the water reached her chest.

as of the past weeks, he was a pretty face and silver tongued boyish-man to entertain her. there was more to peregrine. galana wished to know it. her body felt light and held by the cooling embrace. the flow of the water gently pulled her tail it's direction, as without it, it would be swaying sheepishly.
[Image: d3jp7hf-0664de4f-6cb0-4493-b8fd-98f26181...0z5sj-61nQ]

Moonglow
Eta
70 Posts
Ooc — Twin
no worries at all!! <33 never apologize, irl comes first!

it's hard to believe, isn't it? peregrine chides, dipping his toes in the water and watching as a cloud of mud explodes at his ankles. it was strange to have someone be so interested in what brought him here, and so he elaborates with a reserved grin. nah, not very long. i hardly remember it, honestly. all i know is that we were there, and then we went to the caldera, and then... he had left.
his chest tightens. he pauses to clear his throat, gaze cast downwards to his reflection in the lakeshore. galana was much farther out than he was, and so, ever the daredevil, he pushes himself out to meet her. he feels as if he's walking in slow motion, the cold shock of the water reaching parts of him that he did not even know existed.
he comes to a point where he can stand comfortably and passes a determined expression to his friend. see? i can swim just fine.