Heron Lake Plateau [m] Your love is like a drug, I was tryna hit it
Hushed Willows
Singer
158 Posts
Ooc — Kitt
Read Only 
Any tags for reference.

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Drug use, language

She had become a hollow shell, mindlessly chewing poppy seeds as she sat on the edge of the plateau, no longer waiting for the tea to steep, constantly craving the instant gratification of stupor. Her days were muddy and hazy, filled with emptiness in her solitude until the only thing that mattered returned to her. 

Ruin spent much of his time hunting for the two of them, scouting the area to maintain their privacy, while also supplying her drug of choice to keep her supple. The red healer, if she could still be called that, had given up. Her mind, body, and soul were no longer her own; they belonged to the man of shadows, his dark tendrils entwining around her heart. She was more a prisoner than anything else, but it no longer bothered her. 

She had seen it coming; this was her life now. 

The four faces of her heart materialized as she laid there, their eyes full of pity and sadness. She could not look at her children—she wasn’t sure at what point she began to claim them as hers, but she did so, now. Carnelian, her brave and resilient boy, and Peridot, her sweet, shy, mouse of a girl, both without a mother figure once again. Her fault. It was her fault. The strings of her heart snapped, breaking the pieces that held them dear. Her sobs wracked her, exhausting her already dead-tired body further.

Her lip curled in a half-hearted, weak snarl as eyes that seemed to swim regarded Reverie’s ghostly face. “You better care for them, be what they need—what I needed. You owe me that, if nothing else.” She paused,  thoughtful as one could be flying high, eyes searching the skies as she rolled onto her back. “I realize now that blood is thicker than water in your eyes; they’re of your blood, after all.” The visage of her once beloved vibrated, seemingly angry at her words, but Reina waved her off. “Don’t, Reverie. You’re not allowed to be angry with me—you don’t get to do that when all you’ve done is string me along. I know you were aware of my feelings, but you played me, danced along my heart strings and made your home within the core of me. How dare you? HOW DARE YOU!”

Those last three words were screamed, pain lacing each and every word. Reverie had disappeared, leaving the others to watch as their illusionist fell apart at the seams. She did not care to watch her volume, to stifle the cries, causing the herons she loved to watch startle and fly off. She did not care if Ruin returned because of her. He could do whatever he pleased, it was his right, anyway. Her body was his to do with as he pleased.

It would have been hers, too…

“Shut up!” Her paws scratched at her own face, at her eyes, in an attempt to reach her brain, to stop the thoughts surrounding a golden angel now fallen.

All movements and thoughts suddenly stopped as a faint hum reached her ears. She slowly turned to @Everett’s face. Up until this point, none of the faces she saw in her drugged world spoke, or made any noise at all. But, here and now, when she needed it the most—though she wouldn’t admit it to herself—he sang to her. It was not a song she had heard from him before.

When you're dreaming with a broken heart
The waking up is the hardest part
You roll out of bed and down on your knees
And for a moment, you can hardly breathe
Wondering, "Was she really here?
Is she standing in my room?"
No, she's not
'Cause she's gone, gone, gone, gone, gone

“I’m gone, gone, gone, gone…”

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Player may use vulgar language and may write about sensitive/difficult topics that might offend others. Discretion is advised.
I will ALWAYS discuss plot points and address any and all concerns regarding any of my toons, threads, or even specific posts. It is NOT my intention to cause anyone discomfort; I am merely interested in creating stories and building my writing skills.