The Tangle natsukashii
Loner
4 Posts
Ooc — Zin
They raked at her like knives. 

Painfully, the princess nosed her way through the tangle towards what appeared to be a small clearing. Blackbirds twittered a warning call up above, no doubt protecting their nests. It was tempting to locate their eggs for a quick snack, but her annoyance at the cloying brambles spurred her onwards.

Until she emerged at an overgrown pond. Tiny waterfalls met the surface in a gentle roar, their ripples disturbing the white-flowering waterlilies that glowed in the afternoon sun. "Subarashii," she marvelled, coming to sit at the water's edge. A frog croaked nearby.

She took the time to nurse her scrapes and bent her head to the pool as she whispered a quiet prayer.
Loner
26 Posts
Ooc — Nespario
Thump. Silence. Thump. Silence. Thump. Silence.

That was the sequence of a wolf hopping on three out of four feet.

"Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. OW. OWWWWWWWWWWWWW!"

Oh, and that was the annoying whimpering of a wolf that was walking on three out of four feet for a reason.

The Tangle wasn't exactly the friendliest terrain to traverse. Much as the name would suggest, The Tangle was a myriad of things meant to bog down other wolves from reaching beautiful respite. Grass burrs, twisted twigs, jagged rocks that cut through the padding of a wolf's foot like butter on a hot summer day. Only those that were lucky, experienced, or downright attentive to a T were capable of navigating their way out of this hellscape unharmed.

Unfortunately, the sun-kissed wolf was neither of the aforementioned.

Out of a bush came the yelper, rolling forth messily. His head hit the floor once, twice, and then an almost comical third time before the momentum of the fall came to a grinding, not so gracious halt. Static ran amok the soul's body and soon after the sound of a waterfall filled the empty, white spaces in his head. So, a lot of the surface area, really, considering there was not much in there at any given point during the day.

It was nice, getting to hear water move. Although, a part of him believed it to be blood rushing to his head. When those murky, brown eyes of his finally did blink open, the wolf was met with a beautifully annoying sun that was shining its rays down onto the earth. All paws save for the injured one (front right) were hunkered down and the maimed culprit lay sticking straight up in the air as if there were a genuine fear of it spreading. What exactly was wrong with it, however?

Grass burrs. Dozens of them, all on one paw. Oh, and it seemed a few cactus spikes, too? How had those gotten there?!

A pathetic gaze was cast to the waterfall's vicinity and then the sight of a wolf came into purview. Charcoal'd. Oily. Roughly his own size, give or take some measurements here and there.

"...PSSSSST. Sorry if I'm interrupting anything super, duper important over there, but would you mind lending a...paw....tooth...something? Anything! I can't walk straight because of this paw and I would really appreciate it if you would, you know...help a poor guy like me out. I don't have much to offer, but I can keep you some company? Talk your ear off for a bit? Maybe even scratch your back for a minute or two with my remaining good paws? Oh, the agony!"

Cassian's front left paw draped dramatically over his forehead. Truth be told, the wolf was capable of taking care of all of this himself. The brute reality was he simply wished to be pampered. Taken care of. Plus, it was a good test of character to see who he was really dealing with. Best case? He got a treatment fit for kings! Worst case? Eh, who cared! Thinking that poorly was for bozos!
Loner
4 Posts
Ooc — Zin
She heard him before she saw him. Above the gentle waterfalls came the arrhythmic lumbering of a great beast. Her brows furrowed as her peace was interrupted by an ugly squealing, and soon she was watching in horror as a wolf tumbled head-over-heels into her clearing.

The princess remained frozen in visible shock, wincing slightly at each collision as the intruder came to a painfully slow and unflattering stop at the pool's edge. Well, that was certainly an entrance.

Shock morphed into pity as she gazed at the poor thing's raised paw, ears flicking in acknowledgment as he pleaded for help. It was at this point that Raijin failed to stifle a bubble of laughter at his predicament. "Come. Soak them in water, it will loosen the skin. Then we will pull them out, yes?" His pathetic display normally would've earned a glare of disdain, but thankfully she was in a good mood today.

Approaching with a slow wag of her tail, she nosed his airborne paw in encouragement. "You can walk a few more steps?"
Loner
26 Posts
Ooc — Nespario
The soul that overheard him was one vested with a kind disposition. Instead of chewing him to pieces, Cassian was instead prompted to come forth and soak the injured paw in water. Gentle, and even more so when met with the touch that came forth with her encouragement. Were all wolves like this? So far, not a single one dared to lay a paw in arms against the sun-kissed man. Well, without his consent, anyways

"I guess I can walk a few more steps! Although, I wouldn't exactly call it walking. I'd say it's more between a skip and a hobble...a skobble! You seem to like that though, don't ya? I'm glad at least one of us is laughing!"

Her laughter prodded forth the key to Cassian's own and before long the two of them were exchanging warm bubbles of mixed joy. When it finally came to a waned halt, a smile inched its way out onto Cassian's countenance. A simple roll to the right was done, using the healthy, adjacent front paw to push forward and upwards in a bid to stand on even weight. Then, with enough skobbles, to the water's edge he made it.

"Woah! That's one ugly mug staring back at me, huh? Also, I guess you aren't the only one laughing anymore!" The paw was dunked in without a second care. There, it began to soak, and Cassian's tail wagged a bit too eagerly behind himself. "You're a nice one, I think! Also, you said something before I made my grand entrance! Suba....something or the other. What's that mean? Can you say it again? Oh! And what's it mean? It sounds really fancy!" Ears perked, and attention entirely centered on the soul in front of him. Cassian aspired to learn and what better time to do it than in the now?