Testaments of Dedication
527 Posts
Ooc — Sydney
@Godfrey , as promised! Welcome to RHC! :D
Edit: @Ashton maybe? Forward-dated to the present!

Hunting, hunting, and more hunting. That was what Somnia had been doing. Her legs were finally screaming for her to take a break. But, there was more food to attempt to catch! With winter on board, it took a while to scent and locate various prey-animals. To reward Somnia of her hard work, the scent of squirrel wafted over from somewhere nearby. Commence Somnia Civil War II. The squirrel was right there, practically waiting be caught by her. But her legs! They ached from all the adrenaline-filled chases; some success stories, others, failures. Fine the legs won this round, but not for long! She would rest, but as long as her legs stopped protesting, she would resume hunting.

With a huff, Somnia walked away from the squirrel, towards the borders. A somewhat familiar scent hit her nose. It was the scent of another newcomer, one of the newbies who joined before the large influx of new members that filled Redhawk Caldera's ranks. His scent had been throughout the territory for a few weeks, yet Somnia hadn't had the chance to meet him. Well, maybe now she did.
Oh, me and the Sun? We're cool. He's a chill dude, for the most part. Don't get on his nerves though; he gets pretty heated.
273 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
◆I thought you were gonna edit the newcomer part, so I waited..I still think it's chill though. :P putting this in mid autumn? I think that's close to when Ash joined.◆

Where in all ballistic balls of blue, is the dandilions? And why in tramplin' Bambi's, was there no nearby milkweed?
Dude...it's not spring anymore...
..I knew that.
Mhmn.

The golden teen considered turning back to the Pom Pom tree, snagging a few more delishushnesh balls of delectability, until he took a whiff of the surroundings.
Who else could that be?

A sight greeted him, and it only took a mild 50 degree left turn of his noggin, for him to see her.
Greyscale. Same scent. A smidge of 'innocent but can do what te fuhk I wanna' in her walk.
Yup, it was Som.

"Hey there, missy. You wouldn't happen ta know where the nearest pumpkin would be, would ya? I got daps' a bumps to throw your way." The reference to the pack meeting held not too long ago was a nice greeting in his opinion, and it's nt like he didn't hav the chutz ta chat with a Dudette, even if he accidentally hipped her when he was under Orange Helmet of Freedom, Pumpkin Crown of Liberty.

Ash barked a soft laugh, and offered a paw bump to the greyscale girl.
527 Posts
Ooc — Sydney
Confusion... xP I originally did edit it, when I decided to bring it up to the present and tag you. I did the absolute minimum edit though I guess, and just had Somnia think of Godfrey still as a newcomer even though he'd been here 2/3 weeks, and was finally tracking him down. That way it'd be at the present. I was thinking that Ash and Som could stumble upon each other and that she'd give up tracking Godfrey to hang with Ash. But since you already posted, I guess this could take place after the pumpkin pactivity and before Somnia visits him with a cold. Then the scent she was following wouldn't be Godfrey's, but Ash's.

The scent belonged to the golden wolf who liked to wear pumpkins on his head. She should've remembered the scent, stored it away in her brain with a face attached to it. But somehow, it hadn't worked out that way.

He asked about pumpkins. Somnia took the question quite literally. "There's the pumpkin patch that Fox found where she hosted the packtivity.... I haven't seen any other patches yet besides that one." His speech was also a bit confusing. She had not the slightest clue as to what 'I got daps' a bumps to throw your way' meant.

Then the way he held his paw up expectantly. What exactly was she supposed to do? Stare blankly at him while trying to find the answer to that question, apparently.
Oh, me and the Sun? We're cool. He's a chill dude, for the most part. Don't get on his nerves though; he gets pretty heated.
273 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
It seemed the babe was not one with the way of the paw bump, and at the quizzical face she made at his physical attempt at a greeting, he woofed a laugh . She even answered his rhetorical question with a logical answer.
This girl had a jitz of base in her.

"Funny thing, thought ya mighta perfered a paw bump to a hip bump, but hey , every dude's different, yea?"

The sand hued hippie examined the girl, something he did in a polite way, but one of curiosity and concern. An unintentional physical and analytical body check up. He didn't mean any harm by it.

"What's sparkin, flashy spartan? Anything gone down in the, Dera since last we danced?"

A friendly little inquirey. Bro makin convo. Just a little cat havin a chat . Spreading word by th bird. Whichever manner of phrasing suited best.
527 Posts
Ooc — Sydney
In truth, Somnia would prefer a paw bump to a hip bump. Even if she had met him once before, Ashton wasn't exactly a full-blown friend yet. In time he would be, and would even have the potential to become something more. But for now, at least in Somnia's mind, he was a friendly stranger.

Somnia watched Ashton as it became clear my his eye movements that he was looking and analyzing her. Though a little wary, it was a good sign that he was looking at her, right? She took the chance to do the same to him. Sand colored pelt, lean body, and green eyes. She even took a step forward to sniff him - the usual wolf manner of meet and greet.

It took a moment for the meaning of his words to sink in. A simpler way to put it would've been to say 'what's up?'. "Not much, actually. What about you?"
273 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
The teen flicked his left ear at a leaf that decided to attack it, and stood still, calmly letting the chick sniff him. A returned smellage was underway, a he replied to her mirrored Q.

"Same boat swimmin in my creek, toots. I managed to help Electro and Fire Babe evade a shredage from a mean ol' mountain puss, and he's gonna be headin towards my den soon for a check up on his gnarley battle scar. Wondering the day miss Foxy's gonna dub me as a non hostile, so I can help spiffy her up, too."

Ash sat there in his own daydreams, nothing but visuals if achomplishin his dream of healin the world. He knew he had ta take it one paw at a time, so ere h was, at the Dera.
He soon realized he hadn't told the babe his status.

"I'm sorry, I misted on that. I'm Ashton, and I'm The Doctor of the Caldera. Just nab me whenever ya got a ailment on your tab, and I'll tip it off of ya, doll."

A charming little wink left his face and waltzed her way. Ash was single, and found every gal beautiful. What let him do so was his way of seeing the wolf they were on the inside, and realizing, like a snowflake, every babe was unique and special in their own way. So who was he to judge Mother Natures creativity?
He was chill, that was. Plus, he digged makin friends, rather than enemies. Everybody needed a compliment, here and there.
527 Posts
Ooc — Sydney
Once all the sniffing was done from the both of them, Somnia took a small step back. Ashton's way of speaking was hard to understand, but she got most of it. She had no idea who Electro was, but the second wolf had to be Fox. Additional proof was the scar across Fox's face.

Ashton also introduced himself as the (aspiring at the time) healer of the Caldera. "If I ever get sick or injured, I guess that means I'll come to you." The conversation fell to a blank spot on her part... Cue awkward silence unless Ash saved the conversation.
273 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
And save it, he did.
He wasn't the type of guy to watch a convo shrivel up and die. And Mother Nature forbid, she felt awkward. Oh no, no, no, not on his watch.
The Counselor part of him wanted to know everyone equally as important as the ailment they carried. He wasn't gonna pry, just try.

"What brought you to the Cal, 'mana? Ya got a thing for great sights, eh? They do have quite the few here. Dazzling lot, nothing narc-able, either."

Ash had come for the basic things. Survival. Helping. Done. He had dreams, just like everybody else.
527 Posts
Ooc — Sydney
What brought Somnia here? That was real simple! "I needed a place to give my loyalty to. I wanted to help out and be useful." Feeling useful was like a drug for her. When she felt useful, she was elated. When she didn't feel useful, she experienced the withdrawal system of being down in the dumps. Somnia didn't have any major life goals, so just helping others complete theirs was enough.

"What about you? I suppose beautiful scenery attracts sun-colored hippies?" A small grin attacked the sides of her mouth. It sounded like the scenery attracted most of the wolves here, instead of randomly stumbling upon a pack's borders and deciding to try calling it home like she did.
273 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
"Funny thing, babe, I ran into a Firefox while dibbin out the place, and she was a bit loopy. Out of it. Like Blue Cap, out of it. So high, she walked on the sky, and used the clouds as paw pads. The gal was knocked. So I had a bit of spearmint dirivative to slip her, to sober her up a bit, so she wouldn't hurt herself in some kinda way, but stubborn cat, she smashed it. Then not too long after, her bae showed up, and nabbed me. Made it in. "

The blonde teen barked a bit of laughter at the scene from so long ago. As long as he didn't get chased out, he was fine, and so far, everything was chill.

"As for the sights, yea, I dig em. But I'm here to help, doll. Same as you. It's actually something I dream on, and I'll fight the worst batch of rabies, to achieve it. I'll ride the sun ta battle, and surf on the rays, toots."

Determined, was what the dude was. Yea, he had looks to back up his claim, but his heart was humble, and his noggin was striving for the best of his new found family.
527 Posts
Ooc — Sydney
Some of his speech was still confusing, but it was getting easier for her to understand. Somnia still didn't know what some things such as Blue Caps were. She was also a bit more on the litteral side, so not all the metaphors made sense. How exactly would one ride the sun?

Moving on... They had a similar purpose, to help others. That meant he had to be a good guy, even if he talked funny. Speaking of talking funny, "Who raised you? As in taught you all the life basics like walking and talking?" Were there a whole bunch of wolves that talked like him? Or was it just a parent who had teacher the weird vocabulary?
273 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
The doc was reliving his memories, his sweet time in the Aspens, a pack full of simplicity and good tidings. A place full of dudes and dudettes, just like, if not thouroughly similar to himself. A smile flicked in his emerald eyes, as he replied.

"I sail from a little grove in some woods a few months away from here, that goes by the name of Aspens. It didn't really have a hardcore name, and everybody's last name was Aspen. Everything was slow and steady, no wars, just peace, love, and happiness. Then, I left."

Woah, you're not gonna tell her, bro?
Nah. Save it for a rainy day or somethin.
Alright then.
527 Posts
Ooc — Sydney
Maybe we could wrap it up soon and have a current thread?

"You're telling me that there's a whole colony of hippies out there? Sounds a bit chaotic to me. Not in the bad way, but the fun, keeps-life-interesting type of way. It sounds nice though." The mental image of it was even better. Just a ton of Ashtons running around with one or two of them with pumpkins on their heads. A smirk crept onto her face as Somnia fought back the laughter.

Talking had never been Somnia's best subject unless it was talking about herself. Maintaining a conversation was never a smooth road, but one filled with ruts and bumps. "You want to help me hunt or something?" Actions that relied mainly on instinct rather than thoughts often provided a needed break from her analytic mind.
273 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
◆Lets do it. We got alot more cute awkwardness to throw between these lupines. Great threadage, Syd. See you in another thread. W_^V◆

The hippie could only conjure up half of what the greyscale gal was cookin up in her noggin, and with it came a playful tail lash, though his words were just as serious as his words.

"Imagine eating nothing but salads for your whole life, babe. It proves killer on the shitters. But the way of life is just as dandy as I am, as some might say. Nothin' but fun, doll. Fun, and alot of sunshine. "

She recommended hunting, and with it came the exuberant reply,

"I know a rad cliff that's a shack ta 16 different kinds of bird nests. We could scope em out, and see if we could nab a few. They didn't look to be little snacks, either. "

And with that, Ash led way to an exploration team of two. A dude and a dudette, going to go discover the birds, while givin them the bird, and makin off with a few of their birds.
So much birdage.
So much fun.
527 Posts
Ooc — Sydney
Okay. I'll set it up after writing this. ^.^

Being a vegetarian wolf didn't sound appealing in the slightest. Although Somnia could eat something other than meat if it kept her from starving, she was a carnivore. Almost all wolves were. What else would they use their sharp teeth for other than tearing into flesh?

Somnia listened as Ashton mentioned there were a ton of birds out there. She preferred catching animals that stayed on the ground, but she wasn't picky as long as it was meat. "Fine by me. Lead the way!"

So the two wolves spent the rest of their time together that day catching birds. The end.